Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who Lives In NYC...

upper west side...

1br approx 380sq feet $1150/month. in a walk up.

there is a lot more "manuever-ability" in the rental market now.. lots of realtors have either reduced or dropped broker's fees and you can negotiate on rent. also if you are willing to live below canal street i believe the government will subsidize a portion of the lease. but i am not quite sure how much... but you need to sign a 2 or 3 year lease

see heres the dilemma... i love my neighborhood... (sugarhills) and i love it cause its in the heart of everything... however i think it would be a great stepping stone in my career/life if i moved to nyc... now heres the situation... between lavish habits, automobiles, clothing, accessories, and of course fine dining... i could prolly only swing a gangster studio... now am i looking at things backwards? should i invest/pay more for my apt, and less for the "acoutrements"... or am i going about this the right way? if i stay local i can swing a 1br. if i move into the city, i can prolly only swing a swanky/gangster studio... is it worth it? pros cons? or would you sell your car... approx $25k and put it down on a 1br co-op and pay it off.. this way in the long run you have equity? or am i just throwing good money after bad?

commuting isn't an option?

if you do decide to move into the city, then i would go with the sell the car... if you are not in rush look for foreclosures.

myself? i currently own a condo back in boston and have tenants.... my mortgage is only $600 and my condo fee is $200 and i charge $1200. so i net $400.... so really i only pay $850 in rent

Originally posted by nycchic24

if you do decide to move into the city, then i would go with the sell the car... if you are not in rush look for foreclosures.

myself? i currently own a condo back in boston and have tenants.... my mortgage is only $600 and my condo fee is $200 and i charge $1200. so i net $400.... so really i only pay $850 in rent

I<3You... seriously can we get married??? i always said there should be MORE Women Financial Advisors... they are so much better with money then men... seriously... and any guy that disagrees with me is prolly in debt or is a spendthrift...

oh yeah and the wonderful tax break on the mortg interest too! :D

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

nah dog..dont leave sugar hills...its like ur in manhattan already..we got it all on Austin St..manhattan chix..manhattan apartments..manhattan prices..manhattan cars..

lol... i want to... but i dont think i would benefit from it... in the long run... hrrrm?!?!?!?!?!?! i think i should really get out of the car and get into some equity... i think id rather have a "phatty" home then a "phatty" (not that i have one just you know what i mean)

Originally posted by dgmodel

I<3You... seriously can we get married??? i always said there should be MORE Women Financial Advisors... they are so much better with money then men... seriously... and any guy that disagrees with me is prolly in debt or is a spendthrift...

lol...... :D you think that i am a FA? then you should meet my sister... woman will be one rich bitch :cool:

lol... i want to... but i dont think i would benefit from it... in the long run... hrrrm?!?!?!?!?!?! i think i should really get out of the car and get into some equity... i think id rather have a "phatty" home then a "phatty" (not that i have one just you know what i mean)

but to answer you quesiton.... and as cliche as this sounds i totally believe you need to take risks in life in order to move ahead... if you stay in the same place, then you will never know...*shrugs* thats my $.02

i took the risk over a year ago... mde the move from boston to here... i dont regret it all :cool:

honestly ur right..im movin into the city as soon as im done with school. fuck debts..fuck cars..fuck lookin cute..im rockin tim boots and army..ugghh wait sorry got carried away..but seriously..id move into the city if i was u..but ur gona miss sugahills

but to answer you quesiton.... and as cliche as this sounds i totally believe you need to take risks in life in order to move ahead... if you stay in the same place, then you will never know...*shrugs* thats my $.02

i took the risk over a year ago... mde the move from boston to here... i dont regret it all :cool:

not to sound cliche either... but i agree and i always say to myself... "once youre out of your comfort zone, you know youre learning, and or growing..."

lol...... :D you think that i am a FA? then you should meet my sister... woman will be one rich bitch :cool:

fine... then lets make a deal... at least make love to me in a frugal/economic manner... and ill invite you to the apt. warming party fair enough? and you can bring your sister "ms.alana greenspan" if you want...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

honestly ur right..im movin into the city as soon as im done with school. fuck debts..fuck cars..fuck lookin cute..im rockin tim boots and army..ugghh wait sorry got carried away..but seriously..id move into the city if i was u..but ur gona miss sugahills

i know... but outside from the occasional whitetrash/and neighborhood trespassers isnt this town great???