Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When Drugs Become More Important ..

Hmm.. ok.. so yeah.. I've done drugs.. I probally will again.. but for a lil bit I'm not really feelin' them.. fine, no big deal.

I don't mind people doing them so much, whatever, it's not my problem, it's theirs.. I sometimes don't like people smoking around me.. but that's because that shit makes me nauseas.. whatever, I've dealt with it since I've known what marijuana is.

However..

What happens when you're just tired of being around people who are always retarted and smokin' or railin' lines of coke, poppin' pills, etc..

Just cause that's ALL they wanna do.. and then the things come around like they forget to call or they don't wanna chill because they are too busy gettin' high and "having fun" that they forget about you because you're not down with doing what you used to. I know someone that won't chill as much with me and some of my other friends because all he wants to do is smoke all day long.. and my other friends smoke too.. they just don't wanna do it every fucking minute of the day.. etc..

Friends are friends.. but how long do you deal with the fucking bullshit..

I'm sorry.. they can do what they want.. but when they start blowing ME off to go smoke or trip face or eat pills and forget that we had plans or make no time for me then WTF is that all about?? It's like drugs became more important than our relationship. That's not very nice.

If someone would rather spend their time with their bong than spend their time with me..

How much should I fuckin' care?? :rolleyes:

That all may sound selfish.. but a friendship is supposed to be two ways.. I'm sick of making an effort to chill and maintain relationships and continually be blown off for substance abuse. Fine, if they're happy with their other drug using friends and don't want me around anymore JUST cause I don't do drugs much anymore then so be it.. it's obviously proving that I mean jack shit to them, and that's not exactly a nice feeling to be carrying around either. So selfish or not, people have to look out for their well-being too.

But I think it's kinda sad that good friends and relationships have to end because someone gets so wrapped up in using drugs that they forget about the people that care about them.

do you really think they were always friends or just people you partied with?

I have shared some incredible moments with people I barely know but that doesn't make them friends.

As I get older I recognize the people who make it just too much work to be their friend. Fuck it, more time for the people who truely are.

This is the reason you see so many people questioning the reality of experiences on E and other drugs. Are they "real"? yeah I guess so, but can you call them on a tuesday afternoon when you feel like shit and just want someone to listen?

ppl aren't boring bc they don't do drugs....I'll admit it is easier to chill with someone who will rail lines, drop ills, trip face, and schmoke with ya...but that isn't by any means cause for disowning someone who is/was a good friend...my suggestion to you is to not take it so much to heart, they too will eventually tire of that scene...perhaps try and meet some new ppl who aren't all about gettin f*cked up.

Aww klohe you're right I guess.. it's just a shame that a friendship will end because of a substance..

shroomy, I understand what you mean about them not being friends but these people were my friends before we were drug friends ya know?? Some of them were just party friends, and we're still friends that go out and party together, but I'm talking about some of my friends that I always chilled with who just got too wrapped up into things and seemed to forget what life was without always being fucked up.

And roadrunner, it's sad but true.. but that goes along with my idea that some people can so easily just drop another human being for some substance put together with chemicals. I guess the real question becomes whether or not they were really your friends to begin with as was said.

Oh well.. it just frustrated me a lil and I thought I'd throw it out there.

Unfortunately.. I guess some people get mixed up into the battle of who is a real friend.. the line of coke on the table or the person who has been there for years of your life..

Things really do change.. it's just sad sometimes. :(

For each person its different ofcourse, but drugs educated me alot. On drugs life goes faster, so i think people grow faster as well.

When i hit rock bottom cause of major drug abuse, i saw so clearly who really cared about me. Most unexpected people reached down to give me a hand and pull me out of the gutter, and many people who were very very close to me like my g/f gave up on me in almost one single moment. I dont blame any of them though for not even trying, God bless them all, i hope they have a wonderful life.

As far as hanging out and partying, each person should try to tolerate drug crowd around them without joining, and try to have fun without any kind of substances. Person who can do that is truly blessed. This is where i failed so many times that i dont even want to try anymore. But thank God i still have many friends that im not bound to by a drug usage or anything related.

"...most bad habits are tools to help us through life."

- Nietzsche

You win some you loose some.....

:(:blank::(:blank:

Drugs change people. I'm sure that since your are sober now you talk about it right? They probably don't want to hear it. Common ground is what hold friendships together. If you don't share that part of their life anymore they need to fill that gap with someone or somthing else. Don't give up on them they might not even realize they are excluding you. There are people out there who are into the scene who arent caught up.:D

Originally posted by djsrox

Drugs change people. I'm sure that since your are sober now you talk about it right? They probably don't want to hear it. Common ground is what hold friendships together. If you don't share that part of their life anymore they need to fill that gap with someone or somthing else. Don't give up on them they might not even realize they are excluding you. There are people out there who are into the scene who arent caught up.:D

Nah.. I don't talk about it much.. cause the thing is that 've never been a fan of marijuana so I've never been a smoker to begin with.. we were chillin' back then though.. I just dealt with it like I am continually doing now.. it's just that nowadays it just becomes more and more important in their daily routines.. to the point where other people become LESS important.. I dunno.. whatever.. they used to smoke and then we'd all go out and chill or do whatever.. but now they don't even wanna go out or even do anything for that matter except sit outside or in their room or in their car blazin' til they can't take it no more and they go to bed. I don't even understand how that can be fun.. sure it might be fun to get high and then go out and do whatever.. but just spending hours upon hours lighting up or railing lines or whatever.. and it's not people in the "scene" of the club if that's what you were referring to.. like I said, these are my some of my regular friends.. they actually hate the club. It's just so difficult now to even have all of us hang out cause everyone's interests are drifting in different directions whether it be trees, coke, pills (and when I say pills by the way I don't mean X I mean like vicodin, oxy, etc..) and so on.. so it's like now the potheads don't wanna hang out with the cokeheads and vice versa and all this shit.. our whole circle of friends is being torn because of fucking drugs, and it just pisses me the fuck off. :mad3: What happened to being friends with the person because of the person, not because of the drugs?? I dunno. :rolleyes:

WOW!! I know how ya feel. My brother and best friend began taking drugs 2 years ago. It all started with pot then escalated into beans, cocaine, acid, etc.... Over the past 2 years I have experimented myself.. go figure I said I would never do this..bam it happens..hell what is my motove..to be close agin to someone i do not even know?? he is so messed up and hasen't a clue..just last night i said fine i will trip with ya..one last night befoe i move..god i just want to be close agin..do u even know me??? so i tripped... 3rd time in my life...i also did hippy crack..what the heck was that??? never experimented something like that...ya see drugs mess with people and i hate that!!! drugs change relationships and cause lots of hurt... when we came to this morning i wanted to go to the beach and drink to come down..this was mind u the original plan..yes made by satn himslef..my bro@ but no he wanted to buy some cocaine..i never did that and still have not..so he whined begged and pleased...god what i did last night was for him why can't he see this??? i wish i had never tried anything...what u do not knwo will NEVER hurt u but once u know the feeling you cannot let it go... music really can make me go back to beans or last night o\r whatevr but i have a brain and i do not keep going for more even though the memory is always there..

its not just drugs that do this yah know..alchohol does this as well...i was in the drug scene for 10 years pretty heavily...and now the people that were my "friends" are no longer...which is good because they only wanted 1 thing..and that was me as a hookup..now that im straight and not in that biz anymore they dont wanna chill..which is fine with me...ive grown up and moved on and i dont need that bullshit lifestyle fucking up what ive worked so hard to do...

if they arent your real friends with out drugs drop them and move on...grow up and get over it...

Originally posted by gambitrah

if they arent your real friends with out drugs drop them and move on...grow up and get over it...

Well some of us can't just drop our friends and get over it. :rolleyes:

The hard part is determining whether or not they really are your friends and it's the drugs that are fucking things up or whether they aren't your real friends and it has nothing to do with the drugs.

I dunno bout you, but I'm not one to so quickly forget good memories I've shared with people I love and so easily "drop them and move on..." and "grow up and get over it..."

Originally posted by codica3

Well some of us can't just drop our friends and get over it.

The hard part is determining whether or not they really are your friends and it's the drugs that are fucking things up or whether they aren't your real friends and it has nothing to do with the drugs.

I dunno bout you, but I'm not one to so quickly forget good memories I've shared with people I love and so easily "drop them and move on..." and "grow up and get over it..."

i havent forgotten many of the great times that i had with my so called "friends"...they were good times and i wouldnt change a thing if i could...wouldnt want to miss them...but the people i could do without...if you are out of the drug scene and people are trying to get you back in or if you seperate from the dealers\users and people dont call you or contact you...then its obvious what is more important to them...as we all know drugs are a powerfull force in some peoples lives...i personally dont believe that addiction is physical i see it as a mental weakness...wether it be smoking cigs or doing heroin...yah your body will need the chemicals to a certain point...but if your mind isnt stronger then your body urges then you need help (in my opinion) and as for growing up...if you are asking these questions and have your doubts about these other people id say you are on your way to "growing up and moving on"...

then again if you want to stay involved in the drug world that is your choice, just realize that they will eventually drag you down and the chances of you fucking up your life, body or mind increase with every thing you do with those people....

would hate for someone innocent to get caught up in a drug bust or drug deal gone bad...or god forbid a shitty batch of drugs that can kill you...

if u cant leave them and move on they will drag you down...kicking and screaming wont help after the fact.

would hate for someone innocent to get caught up in a drug bust or drug deal gone bad...or god forbid a shitty batch of drugs that can kill you...

Heh.. no I understand your point completely.. I just think it's funny how you say "someone innocent".. hehe.. I'm far from innocent.. but it's cute to entertain the thought.

But, nah, seriously, I understand what you mean.

Originally posted by codica3

Heh.. no I understand your point completely.. I just think it's funny how you say "someone innocent".. hehe.. I'm far from innocent.. but it's cute to entertain the thought.But, nah, seriously, I understand what you mean.

innocent in the meaning of "in the wrong place at the wrong time" type of thing...

as for innocent...arent we all?

at least until proven guilty ;)

as for innocent...arent we all?

at least until proven guilty ;)

That we are.. funny to entertain the thought that I may very well be one of those people who make a living off of proving that people are guilty as charged. ;)

Originally posted by sfqtipie

People get boring, drugs don't.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was hysterical

To entertain the thought of it, yes, it is funny..

But for someone who REALLY believes that.. I dunno if that's so funny..

But whatever. :) To each their own I guess..