Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new shampoo/conditioner??

what shampoo do you use?

ive been using Biolage the past couple months and my hair is getting kinda blah lately ... so i want try something new. (my hairdresser is one of my best friends and she uses biolage... so asking my hairdresser has already been done)

i used to use this other shampoo/cond that i really liked before but i cnanot remeber the name. but it was a whiteish/clearish bottle -- something with sunflower (and no its not the back2basics)

i need some ideas/suggestions. thanks!

i use bedhead's "dumb blonde" shampoo and conditioner for color-treated hair; artec kiwi shampoo and conditioner; and rusk calm shampoo and conditioner.

i do NOT like paul mitchell or bumble&bumble...

Ok, all those expensive shampoos/conditioners are the same fuckin thing as most drug store shit.... however, one shampoo that i really liked was Bain de terre volumizing shampoo, but the conditioner did nothing for my super fried blowdryed to often hair. So instead, I keep using the Bain de Terre shampoo but use either thermasilk conditioner OR i buy L'Oreal hair dye (superior preference) and use that conditioner it comes with 1 time per week.... its amazing the way my hair looks after it... SOO soft and not frizzy. Btw ladies, how do I make my hair nice and sleek straight with just a blowdryer and NO straightening iron, lately its been not looking so good 4 me. What do I need to put in/do??

ok..no one can laugh at me for what i'm about to say...but i switch btwn Biolage, PM Shampoo One, and Suave....yes....SUAVE!

Funny but Suave is just like getting the Duane Reade version of tylenol. It's really the same shit....sometimes even better...

I usually wash with Suave 2-3 times a week, and I'd say my hair is def A+ material. But, like with any shampoo or conditioner, your hair gets used to it after a while...so alternating is always good.:D

Originally posted by ellinita

Ok, all those expensive shampoos/conditioners are the same fuckin thing as most drug store shit.... however, one shampoo that i really liked was Bain de terre volumizing shampoo, but the conditioner did nothing for my super fried blowdryed to often hair. So instead, I keep using the Bain de Terre shampoo but use either thermasilk conditioner OR i buy L'Oreal hair dye (superior preference) and use that conditioner it comes with 1 time per week.... its amazing the way my hair looks after it... SOO soft and not frizzy. Btw ladies, how do I make my hair nice and sleek straight with just a blowdryer and NO straightening iron, lately its been not looking so good 4 me. What do I need to put in/do??

hate to break it to u.....but when it comes down to it....all that blowdrying is harsher on your hair than a flat iron or curling iron....most people do not know how to correctly blow dry..and control the heat...which is very important...all that pulling and tugging....it's just a mess....if u simply let your hair air dry..or...lightly use the blow dryer on a low heat...and then run the iron over it quickly ..u will in the end...cause less damage....just don't let the iron sit in one spot and 'fry' your hair.....keep it moving...and CONTROL the heat....that is so important.......

try....sleek look by matrix...it's a complete line....also...tigi bed head puts out a 3 step..'control freak'......i am also a fan of abba mica shine spray..........

Originally posted by metafriction

The one time I got a haircut with Giselle's hairstylist he recommended a product line called SENSCIENCE and for me it's been perfect. Leaves my hair frizz-less, matte, shiny. Best of all it's under 10 bucks.

..... where can u buy this line??

Originally posted by destiny779

Pantene Pro-V daily clarifying :)

It works really well

id have to agree...pantene all the way...i have curly hair and i used the Pantene ..its something like....Springy Curls...or somehing like that......but it works really really well...

There is a great store in the short hills mall,nj called Sephora, they have everything........ all the good stuff.

This may sound gross but, I wash my ahir every other day that's what keeps mine gerogeous. I rinse it everyday and condition every day but I only use shampoo every other day, some times three days if I can get away with it.

I though that I coud not get away with it because my ahir is super thin, but it loooks great never greasy...........

My hairdresser told me to do this, and he is awesome

Originally posted by perns2002

There is a great store in the short hills mall,nj called Sephora, they have everything........ all the good stuff.

This may sound gross but, I wash my ahir every other day that's what keeps mine gerogeous. I rinse it everyday and condition every day but I only use shampoo every other day, some times three days if I can get away with it.

I though that I coud not get away with it because my ahir is super thin, but it loooks great never greasy...........

My hairdresser told me to do this, and he is awesome

.... it's not gross at all. You're definately NOT supposed to wash your hair every day. I wash my hair every 2 days, but if i'm going out, I just hafta wash it and straighten it. By washing your hair every day, you strip your hair of all the essential oils it needs to stay hydrated and strong and healthy. I've actually heard that the best thing for your hair is to wash it only once a week, but i definately cannot get away with that. However, most girls with African American hair I know wash their hair once a week and you so can't tell and they have beautiful healthy strong hair.

Originally posted by ellinita

.... it's not gross at all. You're definately NOT supposed to wash your hair every day. I wash my hair every 2 days, but if i'm going out, I just hafta wash it and straighten it. By washing your hair every day, you strip your hair of all the essential oils it needs to stay hydrated and strong and healthy. I've actually heard that the best thing for your hair is to wash it only once a week, but i definately cannot get away with that. However, most girls with African American hair I know wash their hair once a week and you so can't tell and they have beautiful healthy strong hair.

It wors for me Ellnita. THe only thing that keeps it from bnreaking and looking nice and shiny. I swear. My ahir is not afro american I never thought I could go w/o washing it you can though..............

i have curly hair and, once i sleep on it, it goes straight, flat, and flyaway. also, i have bangs, and they get flat and greasy when i sleep. i have to wash my hair everyday or i really look dirty; i have no choice.

I have super curyly hair and I've recently started using Physique (the spiral formula) and it's absolutely fantastic! It costs about $6.99 but if you go on their webpage (www.physique.com) and sign up you can get a freebie to check it out and see if you like it.

Previous to that I used Suave or Pantene...yes, honey, Suave rocks the house and you can get it for less than $2!

I do blow dry my hair every once in a while and when I do I use Thermasilk.

For the girl who was asking about blow drying...you may want to have a chemical relaxer put into your hair...if you leave it in for just a few minutes it will soften curls and make your hair easier to blow dry and more manageable.

I use Catwalk's All Sexed Up shampoo and conditioner.. it works really well i have really long thick hair so i need heavy duty shampoo to clean it this does the trick! its smells really yummy too like rasberry lemonade.. on the bottle it says after you use it you will be ready for the catwalk hee hee