Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need advice on workin out pls.

Okay.. so I have a little bit more than a month to tone my body in time for my vacation. I know some of you on this board work out on a regular basis so pls. help me out on these questions.. thanks!

1- How many hours/days a week should I work out in order to get the results I want. I am not tryin to loose weight just loose the body fat

2- What should my protein intake be? My current weight is 108.

3- What is Creatine?

any lil bit will help. thanks!!

i dont know of any women who take creatine. it's mainly used to build muscle.

protein intake - can't help ya there, there's no way i'mdisciplined enough to eat by any guidelines saying xx grams of this, etc. i just try to eat sensibly.

hours/days a week - depends on what you're doing, purpose, etc. if you just need to tone i'd think that 3-4 days / week with 30 min cardio + 30 min wieghts (switch out whatever area you're doing every workout, ie work on lower body one day upper the next)

hope this helps!

Originally posted by ellywelly

Okay.. so I have a little bit more than a month to tone my body in time for my vacation. I know some of you on this board work out on a regular basis so pls. help me out on these questions.. thanks!

1- How many hours/days a week should I work out in order to get the results I want. I am not tryin to loose weight just loose the body fat

3- What is Creatine?

20 tabs of ripped fuel a day works wonders!

mmmm..okay...lets see:

1. i guess i would take millies suggestion, i personaly go on feel, i work out on consecutive days until i feel tired and take a day or two off. as for duration i usually do 90mins..but thats including water rests and looking at girls in the gym..so i would say i work out about 10min. Needless, aerobic wise I would say at least 30mins at a good nice pace and maybe uping it to 45mins. Weights? You could do a double split, half the body one day and half the other, and use free weights when you can, they produce the best results.

2. a rule of thumb is 1gram per pound of body weight..spread it out over the day, but have a bit more right after your workout, same goes for carbs..lots of people now a days freak out at carbs..unless you have some sort of problem (like I do with sweets others have it with rice or tortillas) you really dont need to count 'em.

3. you really dont need creatine. creatine fills the cells that make up muscle up with water, so it will get bigger, hence you can lift more, hence they get bigger..i use to take it, more to see if it worked, but I didnt really see any results with it.

Guest jroo

3- What is Creatine?

hey babe, you're in great shape already, anyway, you want to tone up, here's what you do. first off. you dont need to worry about how much protien you're getting , and dont think about creatine at all. do you know how to eat well balanced meals? nutrition is a whole other topic, as for working out. millie is right about the cardio, at least 30 mins of NON-STOP exercise, if you arent sweating then you need to work harder. do you like to run? or swim? swiming is great for over all tone-ing. buts its hella more difficult to straight up swim for 30 mins rather than just running. honestly you dont need wieghts or any gym membership to get into shape. you just have to keep up the work. run two miles m-f every day. start slow, its not a race. dont over due it, or you'll get too sore and you wont want to continue training the next day. dont forget to strech before and after your run, or cardio. after that if you dont have any wieghts or anything do push ups, on your knees if you have to. anyway, there are a bunch of exercises that you can do with out wieghts, im gonna wrap this up now. if you have any more questions just ask me. i would be happy to show you. its all about drive, and basically just getting into a healthy routine. i unfortunetly have lost my drive and motivation after getting hurt in 1999. and now with my ankle too. the shit is pissing me off, but one day, i'll be back in shape. anyway...

take a daily vitamin if you want to, its not necessary if you're eating right, and they are expensive as all hell. eat small quanties of food at a time, but try to nibble on something every 3 hours. like breakfast at 600am a bowl of total or something. have an apple at 900am, eat lunch at 1200pm, eat an orange at 300pm and eat dinner at 600pm , eating often BUT NOT A LOT. gets your body to raise its metabolism naturally. dont eat junky snack food for snacks, get fruits, and veggies.

ok, just ask if you have any questions.

Are you trying to get her ready for a pt test (Army physical standard test to the lucky ones) LOL. Run 2 miles, push ups...sounds like one.....where are the sit ups. :) Hehe. The bad news is I have one tomorrow and I have been slacking off. Still in shape just haven't been working out. Can you help me there. I'm worried about the damn run. I think I was slow on the last one cause I drank the night before......someone told me it would help:) Why, do I listen to my friends. :) So, if theres any ideas I'll take the advice. Thanx. Sorry, ellywelly I dont have any advice but to say the board is giving you the right advice. ;)

I think this differs for everyone and depends on your current level of fitness. I personally think you should make weight lifting the corner stone of your workouts and do 3-4 days of cardio. I find interval training (a series of sprints followed by rest) to be a very effective way to train.

Here's my routine pre-miami:

Weights: one day legs; one day back, bi and shoulders; one day chest tri and shoulders.

Cardio: 2 days of 30 minutes worth of intervals; 2 days of 45-60 minutes. One of those days is slow burn cardio, One day is hard core cardio like spin class.

As an American - you are probably getting enough protein. Concentrate on eating a balanced diet with lean protein, complex carbs/whole grain, fruits and vegetables and don't forger the good kind of fat found in olive oil and salmon!

3- What is Creatine? A supplement you don't need! :)

Good luck! If you weight train properly - you should see results in a couple of weeks!

Guest jroo

PLURYOU--for the pt test run. try this, i read it in runner's world the magizine. take 2mg of caffine per pound of body weight. so, if you wiegh 100lbs take 200mgs. an hour before your run. take a vivarn, it think they are like 200mgs themselves. dont over do it, or i'll kick your ass. its been shown to give an increase of almost 20% in run times. of course the longer the run the more the gain you'll get. the weirdos in runners world magizine run like 10 miles + and i was only reading the mag because i was at the doctors office. so, im guessing that right before you go down to formation take the pill. hell, i dont know how you guys do it here on belvoir, you probably just fill in your own scorecards. ;) , now of course there are better ways to improv your run, you know by like training for it. and you are totally right, i did forget the ab work. elly, do a shit load of crunches. i know a bunch of different types, if i would just get motivated and do them myself. hey pluryou, ive been looking for a work out buddy. if you're serious and want to work out like every day here on belvior then let me know. i typically just want to drive home and beat the traffic, but i need to start working out. anyway, i'll talk to you more about that later, if you want.

hey malanee. i tend to disagree with just 2 days of cardio. you are right how everything is different for everybody. and i dont expect everyone to agree with what i said. but to lose body fat, i strongly feel that cardio is the best thing out there. you have to sweat though. unless you're swimming. only if the water is hot or something.

Guest jroo

i was thinking about getting my personal training certificate after i got all healed up. i wish that i could get bionic replacement parts, that would be AWESOME!!!

Originally posted by jroo

hey malanee. i tend to disagree with just 2 days of cardio. you are right how everything is different for everybody. and i dont expect everyone to agree with what i said. but to lose body fat, i strongly feel that cardio is the best thing out there. you have to sweat though. unless you're swimming. only if the water is hot or something.

Well - I said 3-4 days of cardio. Since lowering her body fat % is her #1 goal, the best way to do that is to build muscle IMO. I emphasized the weight lifting because I think girls often skimp on this part of their workout - when they can see excellent results much faster if they really concentrate on lifting! Cardio should ALWAYS be a part of a workout routine, though.

I've moderated a health and fitness site for 3 years now. I've got a little experience in this area!

Originally posted by jroo

jroo, if you wouldve read VERY CAREFULLY youve wouldve noticed that she makes reference to 2 days of 30mins of intervals and 2 days of 45-60min...soooooo...since its sceintific fact that 2+2=4, she was refering to 4 days of cardio.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by malanee

Well - I said 3-4 days of cardio. Since lowering her body fat % is her #1 goal, the best way to do that is to build muscle IMO. I emphasized the weight lifting because I think girls often skimp on this part of their workout - when they can see excellent results much faster if they really concentrate on lifting! Cardio should ALWAYS be a part of a workout routine, though.

I've moderated a health and fitness site for 3 years now. I've got a little experience in this area!

word. *bows down*

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

jroo, if you wouldve read VERY CAREFULLY youve wouldve noticed that she makes reference to 2 days of 30mins of intervals and 2 days of 45-60min...soooooo...since its sceintific fact that 2+2=4, she was refering to 4 days of cardio.

damn, you're right, sorry for my own confusion. i just havent been the same since that redbull expierence friday night.

Hello, so sorry for the long delay. This pc is acting up. Ahhhhh...of course I wasn't working. I don't do any of that. Thank you so much for the advice. :) About working out, I think that sounds like a great idea. I've been wanted to start ever since New Years. LOL. :cool: One thing though.....I'm at WRAMC and have no car and no idea where Ft. Belvoir is. :confused: So, maybe we can work with that. :) Thanx again.

Originally posted by vicman

Ooooh - Vic can count! :D

Guest jroo
Originally posted by pluryou

Hello, so sorry for the long delay. This pc is acting up. Ahhhhh...of course I wasn't working. I don't do any of that. Thank you so much for the advice. :) About working out, I think that sounds like a great idea. I've been wanted to start ever since New Years. LOL. :cool: One thing though.....I'm at WRAMC and have no car and no idea where Ft. Belvoir is. :confused: So, maybe we can work with that. :) Thanx again.

Walter Reed? thats all the way in DC, right? i dont think that'll work, for everyday. i live in woodbridge, fort belvoir is in springfield/alexandria. that might just be too far. i dont know. maybe on the weekends or something.

xyxthumbs.gifxyxthumbs.gif Thanks guys!!

1- My eating habits are really bad, I do skip meals just to maintain my weight and have noticed that this is a major mistake. I started working out this Sat. and I saw that eating the right amount of calories every day is sooo important to have energy and in turn have a good workout.

2- I am mainly concentrating on lifting weights right now since I do want to build some muscle, especially my abs and my buttocks. I will do cardio though since this helps loose the excess fat.

3- Scrunches/sit-ups - I will need to work on that since I can't get myself to do 15 :(

Now I just need to keep myself motivated!!! Ughh!!

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!

Guest jroo
Originally posted by pluryou

thats what I thought. maybe.......¿¿¿¿ or ???? Is that Virginia or Maryland?

its in va, but ive been known to make it to dc in 13 mintues. with no traffic at all, im fucked royally with traffic though. could take over an hour.

xyxthumbs.gifxyxthumbs.gif Thanks guys!!

Now I just need to keep myself motivated!!! Ughh!!

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!

hell I wake up at 5am evereyday to get to the gym before work, but what really helps me, is getting enough sleep the night before, hence I go to sleep at 9:30, but anyways, I just put my walkman on and forget about everything when I get into the gym, those 2hrs I'm in there, I'm in there with my music and working out, high quality personal time....plus the better shape i'm in, the longer i can party

3- What is Creatine?

The Hollywood diet and stackers is all you need.:D

Guest jroo
Originally posted by raver_mania

Jeremy, not everyone drives at 120 mph!!

I didn't know that traffic slowed you down *cough* coming back from NYC *cough*! :D:D:D

:) you're right, typicaly traffic doesnt slow me down, but i can only go as fast as my passengers are confortable with. they are really the limiting cause. but traffic on 95 is INFUCKINGSANE at rush hour. did i say hour? i meant hours