Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aquabooty No Longer @ Rain!!!

mrjoebudious

Greeting all on Club Planet,

I'm sorry to have to let the world know that Rain has pulled a stupid, fast one. On Tuesday they cancelled our night. That's right, after 29 weeks and hundreds of thousands of dollars of sales, they have pulled the plug. They say we don't produce enough revenue for them. We average 500-800 people. They say that they feel hip-hop will bring them more profits (and high roller bottle buyers). Never mind the fact that we have an agreement with terms that have always been met. Never mind that through our connections , every single Winter Music Conference party brought to them was successful. I want everyone to know that the corporation that owns this club has no clue. I want everyone to know that all the management in Rain have come from from the same place and have carried thier diseased vibe with them. They have fired, or should I say just didn't write them on the schedule, too many of the people who I felt really cared about the club and people and the vibe. They have brought in all of their own people (with the disease) who will be leaving as soon as the managers gay club opens on 71 street, I feel, only time will tell, and the corporate office has no idea. I have friends that still work there and fear for their jobs. I want everyone to know that they gave us no notice and they had no regard for the people that make their livelyhood with this event, myself included. I want everyone to know that this club is up for sale and they want to try to keep it up so they can sell it, according to the manager who gave us the wrongful boot. It will not be around much longer.

But don't worry everyone. The offers are coming in already and we will bring you our blessed Aquabooty in full force soon. This Friday we move over to LOLA who was so generous in letting us continue our journey. ITS NO COVER ALL night with DHM and Boomerang. We hope you spread the word as we want to let Rain know that we will not go down without a fight. We are now glad to leave that sinking ship and will prevail with your support. Positive vibes everyone and we'll see you at LOLA this Friday.

Also check us out next wednesday for HUMP @ Tantra. It will be everyweek with boom, dhm and guests. No cover.

Thank you all for your support.