Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trust last night?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thanks guys" you say????? After dissing our board on the Sex messagaeboard?? I have one thing to say to you.... 2up.gif

Originally posted by lizard23

I'm a lurker who is trying to post more instead of spy on you guys all the time. I usually post on the NY board, but I'm from Baltimore. I post on the NY board b/c the DC one sucks.

I found it myself.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=100279&highlight=lizard23

I was expecting worse actually. Like specific bashing on an individual level.

Think I'll start lurking on the NYC board for comparison.

Zag - I don't get it. What are you refering to? Maybe I'd understand what the hell you're talking about if I hadn't left my brain at home.

Originally posted by nourishment

Zag - I don't get it. What are you refering to? Maybe I'd understand what the hell you're talking about if I hadn't left my brain at home.

Elly copy and pasted lizard's quote on her post. Guess you missed it.:rolleyes:

This board is very slow compared to the NYC one. The same posts are up at the top for an entire week, where as the NYC board posts cycle through at a much faster pace, making their board much more interesting. I'm not saying you guys suck personally, I'm saying that this board is a little slow and boring at times. The posts are entertaining, just not frequent enough. So, please no one needs to get offended or nasty (ellywelly), just post more so I am entertained. Just Kidding! So, besides ellywelly, did anybody check out Trust last night?

Well I was supposed to go, but couldn't get up there. You see, I have valet parking in my apartment and well the person who owns the car in front of mine happened to only leave his/her ignition key and not the door key, so when the attendant locked the door that was it. Needless to say I couldn't get out and everyone had left already. To make it worse it was some POS 1980's rusted out Ford!!!!!! I just wanted to turn it over and over and kick the crap out of it!!!! And if it isn't moved by this evening, I'm calling the cops on his/her dumb ass!!!

However I understand that D:Fuse played an excellent set - from what I'm heard from people that made it there. Wish I could have gone. Trust is an excellent club.

Thanks for responding sauvee 88. Are you from Bmore? I couldn't go last night either, but I want to check it out on June 20th for Scott Henry and Feelgood and was just wondering how long the sets are since Trust closes at 1:30, 2:00 and this Kleen thing crams a lot of dj's into 1 night. I like it there a lot too, the sound system is awesome and I'm glad they're finally doing something with it by getting good, big name dj's in there. Hopefully Kleen will let a more relaxed crowd start to build there.

This board is very slow compared to the NYC one. The same posts are up at the top for an entire week, where as the NYC board posts cycle through at a much faster pace, making their board much more interesting. I'm not saying you guys suck personally, I'm saying that this board is a little slow and boring at times. The posts are entertaining, just not frequent enough. So, please no one needs to get offended or nasty (ellywelly), just post more so I am entertained. Just Kidding! So, besides ellywelly, did anybody check out Trust last night?

obviously there a tons of more peopel on th NY board since there are more people in NYC than in DC, and there are more venues with their loyal following. Sound Factory, Vinyl, Exit, Filter 14, Centro, Roxy, etc. d-uh!

If you think were slow, well then why dont you start posting and there woul dbe one more person on the board instead of another lurker. Since I started posting consistently like a year or so ago, this board has really added alot of people, and the people I've met and even most of the people I have not ahd the opportunity to meet are great people, super cool and the like.

And compared to the NY board and most other boards the level of drama here is low, very low.

I went to Trust last night. D:Fuse spun a banging set. Progressive/hard trance. Woo hoo! I'm a trance junkie - i will proclaim it loud & proud! :tongue:

The crowd was good. Boys weren't all grabby. I thought there was a dress code at Trust but apparently for this new party Kleen they will not enforce it. Wish I had known that before I had strapped on the platform shoes! My dogs were barking! :laugh:

I really liked the layout of the club. I like that the dj booth is on the balcony overlooking the dance floor. Makes it easier for tiny people like me to actually see the dj and not be rammed up against the booth.

It was a good night! I have a few pics - I'll post them up tonight.

Nope I'm from DC - but in Silver Spring which is relatively close to B'more - especially if you leave rubber 95 getting there. Made it to Pimlico in 20 mins before - the long way.......

By "relaxed" crowd you're referring to dressed down in clubbing gear or just more jeans and such??

Personally every now and then I like to get nice and dressed up to go out..... then again I don't have to wear platforms or heels or anything like that, so........ And I kind of like the attitude that can acompany dressier places..... y'know??? I like going to warehouses but sometimes a change in pace is really what I need. And so long as it's like comfortable dress then that cool, like if someone wants to wear jeans or whatever and make it "look" good then that's cool, but please no like ripped this, and I think Trust isn't the place for a million people to wear the jumpsuit clothes and stuff like that - that's more Warehouse.... Ya get what I mean - I think that is what is alluring about Trust for me......

Thanks for responding sauvee 88. Are you from Bmore? I couldn't go last night either, but I want to check it out on June 20th for Scott Henry and Feelgood and was just wondering how long the sets are since Trust closes at 1:30, 2:00 and this Kleen thing crams a lot of dj's into 1 night. I like it there a lot too, the sound system is awesome and I'm glad they're finally doing something with it by getting good, big name dj's in there. Hopefully Kleen will let a more relaxed crowd start to build there.

well the only time ive been to Trust for superchumbo alot was said about the dress code and shit, when we got there, we saw people in sneakers and jeans, along with your dressed up folks.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by Kuro

I didn't go cuz I spent all night trying to record a perfect breakbeat mix and forgot all about Kleen. Mistress Barbara's not till next month anyway.

i want to hear that mix, if you dont mind.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I went to Trust last night. D:Fuse spun a banging set. Progressive/hard trance. Woo hoo! I'm a trance junkie - i will proclaim it loud & proud! :tongue:

The crowd was good. Boys weren't all grabby. I thought there was a dress code at Trust but apparently for this new party Kleen they will not enforce it. Wish I had known that before I had strapped on the platform shoes! My dogs were barking! :laugh:

I really liked the layout of the club. I like that the dj booth is on the balcony overlooking the dance floor. Makes it easier for tiny people like me to actually see the dj and not be rammed up against the booth.

It was a good night! I have a few pics - I'll post them up tonight.

yeah, ok, ok tinybf, but the important thing here is did you guys manage to get "memorabilia" i.e. articles of clothing from D:Fuse?

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

It was a good night!

I object. I thought the guy before D:booze did a better job. I didn't like d:spewz's track selection at all. As for donald glaude, his set only picked at the last hour. Great to see some of you guys out last night. Arthur and company, Gina, Ruth, and Ed. Arthur you and your friends are a riot! Like I've said before, I always have a great time hanging out with you and you friends...since Ruth and Gina can't put out:D . It must be the age kicking in I tell ya. Anyway, we just got our (tantara) pics back from the 5/31 buzz night and.....look who it is appearing in our group photo. LOL! good ol felix!

On the weekends, there tends to be a very different crowd at Trust. I like to dress up too, but I find that there's a lot of older business types there and it just seems kind of uptight, so I'm looking forward to checking out Kleen and seeing if it brings in a different crowd, making it more laidback like Buzz.

P.S. Ellywelly & Spinsaikel need to take it to the drama board b/c I'm not hating anybody.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by spinsaikel

I object. I thought the guy before D:booze did a better job. I didn't like d:spewz's track selection at all. As for donald glaude, his set only picked at the last hour. Great to see some of you guys out last night. Arthur and company, Gina, Ruth, and Ed. Arthur you and your friends are a riot! Like I've said before, I always have a great time hanging out with you and you friends...since Ruth and Gina can't put out:D . It must be the age kicking in I tell ya. Anyway, we just got our (tantara) pics back from the 5/31 buzz night and.....look who it is appearing in our group photo. LOL! good ol felix!

that is some ugly ass face paint on the girls, it doesnt look too bad on the guys though. crazy.

Oh. Well I haven't been up there on a weekend for a while - not since DJ Yannis spun on a Friday like 3 months ago. But it sounds like with the corporate sponsors and everything and the cigar storage place and everything that you can get some suit and stuff. But I think for the good dj's you'll get a better crowd - younger crowd and people that WANT to listen to the music and not just be seen. But I guess you'll have to put up with the elder people in any place.... hell I've seen some REALLY old people on the main floor at Buzz before and the first couple of times it's freaked me out and then you get used to it and don't pay any attention to it.

Originally posted by vicman

yeah, ok, ok tinybf, but the important thing here is did you guys manage to get "memorabilia" i.e. articles of clothing from D:Fuse?

LOL! I'm a bad dj whore! I got pics of D:Fuse when I was in the dj booth and I got a pic of Malanee, D:Fuse & me.

No articles of clothing - sorry Vic!