Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The real deal about Rain & Aquabooty

emiguerra99

Yes. The AQUABOOTY party is no longer at Rain. It’s a shame, it was a great party. Good vibe, good music good people. Unfortunately, the nightclub business, is a “business” ………and Rain, had set up a contract with the boys of Aquabooty. (props to Joe and Tom for doing something different on the beach). I really wanted to keep the aquabooty party at Rain, people came as they were, the music was great, and there was no pretentious shit at the door.

But to skip the boring details and get to the bottom line, Rain lost over $120,000.00 with the Aquabooty party on Friday Nights in the last 7 months. Granted, it was a great party. The DHM guys are playing a terrific mix of Deep House and Boomerang also plays some awesome urban beats. But, the club, cannot continue to loose money. The club was willing to keep the Aquabooty party as long as the party broke even. The fact that Aquabooty lasted 8 months was a collective effort on behalf of the Aquabooty guys and Rain to make the night collectively pay for itself. Unfortunately for Rain, they were the only ones taking financial risk during this period. Most promotional teams & production companies (such as smac, fever, empire events) split the risks of producing nightclub nights. Since Aquabooty did not want to share in any risks and could not make the party pay for itself in the last 8 months, the party was moved.

As for the Aquabooty guys, I wish them luck and good fortune. I’ve always stoped by Lola every night before going to work at Rain to say hello to Michael Stevens and Co. Now, I’ll have more friends to visit next door. I believe that Aquabooty is a great party, with awesome and original music. We at Rain will continue to support them. As for Friday’s going to HIP HOP, that is not true. Rain will be closed to the public this Friday, as I was able to put a PBTV video shoot in the club. We will also have someone outside the club redirecting the Rain regulars to Lola and inviting them back to Rain’s Saturday night’s Bugged Beach Party with Juan Mejia, Shawn Rudnick, and DJ Sugar.

Emi Guerra