Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tyson got knocked the fuck out!!!

darthvader

it was such a gooood fight...got WASTED on vodka and watched the fight...bet 5 bucks on lewis....glad he won, tyson was looking a bit too cocky out there...loved it when lewis came out with the reggae blasting....but tyson must be such a pussy if he got knocked out in the 8th round

I hate Lewis so much but you gotta give him his respect for what he did to teh supposed "baddest man on the planet." I hope he doesn't retire...he could secure his legacy as one of top heavyweights with a unification of the belts and a win against Wladimir Klitschko.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

lewis is the greatest boxer since Ali...ive been saying this forever..hes a monster...if/when he beats Klichko..his legacy will be preserved

I think, or at least hope, you meant to say that he is the greatest HEAVYWEIGHT boxer since Ali...cause I could name more than a 100 boxers who have infinitly more skill than him. If you did in fact mean that he is the best heavyweight boxer since Ali, then I have to disagree with you still. Larry Holmes was much better than Lewis, Holyfield was arguably as good or better when he was in his prime....remember, Holyfield is not a natural heavyweight...he started as a light heavyweight and moved up to cruiser and then eventually to heavyweight. Think about how difficult it is to do that. He was fighting under 190 pounds for much of his career before he moved up to take on and beat most of this era's best heavyweight boxers. yeah, he lost to Lewis but that was not in his prime...he was a blown up light heavyweight fighting a huge heavyweight. Not to mention George Foreman and Joe Frazier. They both fought during or after the time of Ali. And of course, Mike Tyson in his prime would have put a hurt on Lewis...thats just my opinion anyway.

i meant to say heavyweight...and im still stickin to the idea of lennox bein the greatest since Ali...seriously...he could bust foreman , frazier(as much as i like him) , and anyone else u put in front of him. hes huge , hes got long arms , he knows how to move , hes a machine man ...lennox is amazing. even though he isnt the smartest ..he still woulda outwitted foreman , woulda outmuscled Frazier , dont get me started on evander , Tyson has always had trouble with tall fighters...douglas and lewis proved this..there is not one single person since Ali that could take him ..IMHO that is

..there is not one single person since Ali that could take him ..IMHO that is

ummm, you are aware that Lewis did lose twice already right?...once to Oliver McCall and once to Hasim Rahman....and those fighters aren't even remotley close to being in the same league as the fighters I just named. And there are countless others who have given him a tough time. If a guy like Hasim Rahman(who's not a top heavyweight by any means) can knock Lewis out with one punch, then why couldn't Frazier, Foreman, Holmes etc... do the same thing considering they're some of the best heavyweights to walk the planet.

because for both fights lewis (who i repeatedly said isnt the smartest man in the world) didnt prepare for...he took them lightly...and paid the price... but what happened to Rahman in the rematch??? come on...he de-classed him

Rahman was hardly a class fighter to begin with. I'm not saying Lewis isn't great...he is gonna go down as one of the best heavyweights to fight...and sure, if he were to fight all those fighter I've named a few times, he might get some wins in, but he would lose most of them. Your boy Ali, himself, lost to Frazier and Holmes. He was obviously way past his prime. But then again, thats my point about Tyson and Holyfield. Lewis fought both when they were past their prime. All those fighters were totally dominant during their respective eras. Lewis has never been the kind of fighter that people look at and say to themselves, "damn, that is a bad motherfucker." He is a boring fighter to watch a lot of the time and doesn't have that dominating presence that all the truly great ones have had. Maybe if he continues to fight and has some dominant performances that will change. Thats just my opinion.