Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Audiogalaxy and the like RUINED much of the club scene!

cesarleo

Why.....where is the element of surprise now in clubs? What happened to the days where a DJ could play a song forever and have the crowd wondering what it was or when they can hear it again. How many people are actually buying rather than just ripping shit off of AG? Hell.....most of you wouldn't know dick without these things out there. Now an artist has to worry about shit getting leaked weeks before it's release......not to mention the chunk of lost profits the artist will miss out on. This certainly doesn't help our economy either. It bothers me how everyone now is like hungry dogs ready to DL anything they can get their hands on......and post about tracks they really have no clue about but only digged through AG to find it and post for everyone to check it out. Almost any DJ will tell you they hate these programs such as AG......and there is a reason for it!!!:mad:

sorry to ruin the mysterious art of the dj. not all traxx get leaked or on ag. if a dj has something good then he should keep it to himself and it wouldn't end up on ag. there are collectors of music who are very happy that programs such as this exist. and I hate to say it but WE OUTNUMBER YOU!!!!! now we can appreciate the dj for how he mixes instead of what he plays. maybe u should bring your crybaby bullshit over to the drama board!!!!:bigfinge:

I totally agree. Let's not forget the needed exposure this gives our music and the artists.

Peace Out.

Originally posted by mindfaqd

sorry to ruin the mysterious art of the dj. not all traxx get leaked or on ag. if a dj has something good then he should keep it to himself and it wouldn't end up on ag. there are collectors of music who are very happy that programs such as this exist. and I hate to say it but WE OUTNUMBER YOU!!!!! now we can appreciate the dj for how he mixes instead of what he plays. maybe u should bring your crybaby bullshit over to the drama board!!!!:bigfinge:

Guest saleen351

i agree that AG has fucked the whole scene. I love being an mp3whore but where I differ then my buddy ibclubbing, i say sent all tracks out, he sez that ruins the track for the clubs. I agree with both, its great to have a track but if i have 85% of what they play its not as much fun... I've been looking for a new sound for a while, and piccouto is the answer, I have no idea of any tracks, 15 sf heads and myself ided 2 tracks out of 7 hours.. it was soooooooooo fun.... Even though I haven't been to the jersey shore this year, since I moved to florida I've been hearing that they all play the same tracks at every club, so its possible to hear the same track at merge, xs, then temps all in the same night. Now i know from talking with denny he has some shit no one has, but how long does that last? a month tops...? now give props to JP he kept both luz tracks underwraps for a long time, yea they are out there but as far as I know few have them.... Like this whole big issue with Greg O's the drill, people were pissed i put it on AG which it already was any ways, but they said the track was stolen, well i don't give a fuck, do a better job keeping your shit under wraps and dont' play it on the radio.... one of these days oscar is gonna fuck up and his track will be out there... Look at mad myles his album was ripped and on the net I don't even think that album came out cause of that...? but where AG may help is that there is a back lash comming to the djs at least at the jersey shore, word is no one is likeing the music like we use to. I blame it on the sound too housey, but if AG forces these guys to produce their own tracks and they dont' leak them, thats better for us....

Originally posted by saleen351

i agree that AG has fucked the whole scene. I love being an mp3whore but where I differ then my buddy ibclubbing, i say sent all tracks out, he sez that ruins the track for the clubs. I agree with both, its great to have a track but if i have 85% of what they play its not as much fun... I've been looking for a new sound for a while, and piccouto is the answer, I have no idea of any tracks, 15 sf heads and myself ided 2 tracks out of 7 hours.. it was soooooooooo fun.... Even though I haven't been to the jersey shore this year, since I moved to florida I've been hearing that they all play the same tracks at every club, so its possible to hear the same track at merge, xs, then temps all in the same night. Now i know from talking with denny he has some shit no one has, but how long does that last? a month tops...? now give props to JP he kept both luz tracks underwraps for a long time, yea they are out there but as far as I know few have them.... Like this whole big issue with Greg O's the drill, people were pissed i put it on AG which it already was any ways, but they said the track was stolen, well i don't give a fuck, do a better job keeping your shit under wraps and dont' play it on the radio.... one of these days oscar is gonna fuck up and his track will be out there... Look at mad myles his album was ripped and on the net I don't even think that album came out cause of that...? but where AG may help is that there is a back lash comming to the djs at least at the jersey shore, word is no one is likeing the music like we use to. I blame it on the sound too housey, but if AG forces these guys to produce their own tracks and they dont' leak them, thats better for us....

True this could force them to produce their own shit.....that's great for us. I also agree DJ's need to be more responsible to keep their shit under wraps....JP, DT and some others did a pretty good job with some tracks. I just can't help but feel for those who planned to release something two or three months out and everyone is DL'ing it NOW!!!! There are pros and cons.....I just exposed the cons....IMO.

i say why dont everyone just shut up, u guys arent the djs u guys arent the producers..

u go out and hear a track and ur dying to find out what the name is so u can get ur hands on it,,

and once u get it u cry about how it got leaked out..

so i say either be glad there are leaks and dont complain

or u can just stop trying to get music..

ya know if there wasnt such a demand for tracks there wouldnt be such a demand for leakage:D :D :D

not trying to be a dik but the truth is the truth

1. stop bitchin, lars ulrich

2. how did they ruin the "club" scene.

3. all dj's do is play other peoples music anyway

4. it is not very hard to create dance music. thats why there is SO much out there, and SO much garbage.

5. it's really all about the music, not the dj's. who cares who's playing WHAT first, WHERE they played it and WHEN it's coming out.

6. if you want to be real original and play a track nobody else has, either make your own, or go shopping for some real old obscure sh!t.

merry christmas!

Originally posted by whatapisser

4. it is not very hard to create dance music. thats why there is SO much out there, and SO much garbage.

merry christmas!

actually, unless u r a producer you shouldnt say its not hard.... ive seen a lot of djs or producers (not too popular) in the studio fucking with one song for months just to get it all matched up and nice....

Happy Chanukah !

:blown:

To illustrate:

Even though I have the majority of the tracks DT played last Friday, I'd rather go to Vinyl as opposed to sitting at home listening to mp3s. And just because I know and have heard many of those tracks takes nothing away from the fact that I thought he was great on Friday. I still enjoyed the music and the experience.

So no, it's not ruining the club scene IMO. It's only a small minority of the clubbing scene that are Grade A Mp3 Whores (like myself ;)). The average clubgoer still knows about music a fraction of the amount you or I or anyone else who reads music messageboards and owns 3500 archived mp3s.

MP3s aren't going anywhere. Deal with it. :cool:

wktu

dj scribbles

national overexposure of xtc

saleen- i have a similar story where in montreal we went to afterhours and saw felix da house cat. in 4 hours i/we were able to id only 2 songs, but for 4 hours he was ripping the place apart. non stop energetic "bouncey" house. no ---vocals, tech, trance,evil, dark,prog.

and i usually like the club better when i know the tracks

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by drmoxx

wktu

dj scribbles

national overexposure of xtc

saleen- i have a similar story where in montreal we went to afterhours and saw felix da house cat. in 4 hours i/we were able to id only 2 songs, but for 4 hours he was ripping the place apart. non stop energetic "bouncey" house. no ---vocals, tech, trance,evil, dark,prog.

and i usually like the club better when i know the tracks

but was it better when you couln't id any of them?

for me no ids means a much better night..