Clubplanet Nightlife Community

are you religious?

i've grown up w/ religion, not from a deeply religious family or anything but one that usually went to church on sundays. as i've grown older and particularly over the last year or so (and after a particularly frightening evening at buzz that i have someone on this board to thank for:mad: ), i've realized that i am somewhat religious and believe in a heaven and a hell and all that. i was raised a presbyterian but honestly could not tell you a whole lot about the differences b/t the dominations. but i sometimes do think i should have been born a catholic b/c of my penchant for ceremony and, believe it or not, a huge guilt complex (sometimes).

plus i grew up in dallas, which is not exactly the bible belt but religion is pretty darn big over there.

how 'bout y'all? this should be interesting:D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i'm christian, roman catholic to be precise, went to a catholic school for a bit, believe in God, Jesus Christ, Virgin Mary, Holy Trinity, but my nuclear family isnt hardcore religious. really i can remember the last time i went to church by my own initiative. i went when i graduated from undergrad because they made us go (as i went to undergrad in mexico), but that was like 6 years ago and i dont think i've gone since.

sisters married, by the state, didnt have a church ceremony, i dunno, because on either sides of my family aunts and uncles are way more religious than my family.

I am an atheist, prolly cause there's not one person in my WHOLE family who is religious. Not trying to start an argument here, but in my view, religion was created by the ruling class as a way to control people. I just dont like the idea of worshipping someone or something.

Originally posted by nautilus60

I am an atheist, prolly cause there's not one person in my WHOLE family who is religious. Not trying to start an argument here, but in my view, religion was created by the ruling class as a way to control people. I just dont like the idea of worshipping someone or something.

Spoken like a true commie. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nautilus60

that reminds me, when i lived in cuba, thats what people got taught in schools, but people there are very religious, whether the believe in christianity, witch craft (santeria) or what not

Originally posted by MadamMillie

your "nuclear family" vic? lol

zags, what'd ya do??? if i ever got kicked out of CHURCH i'd think i'd be going straight to hell

I was cracking jokes and making the whole back row laugh really hard. :D

Religious....I don't know about this one. But I will tell you that the flight back from Germany was really scary and I ended up praying. Call me weak if you will but the pilot came on the speaker and and said that one of the engines had gone out and that we had to turn around and go back to Frankfurt. It was all cool at first because the crew was still chatting but then they stopped just before we hit the ground, and I do mean HIT the ground. But I was praying when the crew stopped talking cause thats when I knew they were scared too. And when the crew is scared I think that gives me an excuse to be scared too. But I have never had such a hard landing as I did on that flight. All the shit from the compartments fell down and I swear we got sideways on the runway.

So I guess I do believe in a god. Or at least a higher power that has the ability to say "your time is over now"

Originally posted by therunner

Religious....I don't know about this one. But I will tell you that the flight back from Germany was really scary and I ended up praying. Call me weak if you will but the pilot came on the speaker and and said that one of the engines had gone out and that we had to turn around and go back to Frankfurt. It was all cool at first because the crew was still chatting but then they stopped just before we hit the ground, and I do mean HIT the ground. But I was praying when the crew stopped talking cause thats when I knew they were scared too. And when the crew is scared I think that gives me an excuse to be scared too. But I have never had such a hard landing as I did on that flight. All the shit from the compartments fell down and I swear we got sideways on the runway.

So I guess I do believe in a god. Or at least a higher power that has the ability to say "your time is over now"

yah experiences like those (and my time at buzz, i'm actually serious about that, i thought i was going to die and burn in hell, i really did) really bring out your true colors

vic you lived in cuba?? woah

yah experiences like those (and my time at buzz, i'm actually serious about that, i thought i was going to die and burn in hell, i really did) really bring out your true colors

vic you lived in cuba?? woah

tell us more, I'm dying to hear about this experience at Buzz, I've never had a bad time there? I've had times that weren't so great but never times that I thought I was going to die and burn in hell:confused:

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I'm getting doctor's approval notes before handing out party favors from now on.

dr's approval? i think you also need some sort of legal document signed by the party receiving the party favors.

Originally posted by pgiddy

tell us more, I'm dying to hear about this experience at Buzz, I've never had a bad time there? I've had times that weren't so great but never times that I thought I was going to die and burn in hell:confused:

ugh i never wanna live thru that again

i'll never touch mushrooms again

it didn't happen to shady, who took the same ones, just me

just the way my body/head reacted

it was NOT PRETTY

it was NOT PRETTY

I had never, ever heard of anyone having a bad trip on mushrooms, until that day.

it was NOT PRETTY

that explains it all, it happened to me once, seems like the longest night of your whole life, it's crazy. But I would never get shrooms from someone named shady, thats just asking for it:laugh: :laugh: j/k

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I had never, ever heard of anyone having a bad trip on mushrooms, until that day.

Did someone say mushrooms?

I have eaten half of Holland out of mushrooms and have never had a bad trip. I have had to bury my face in a couch pillow and just wait for the whole world to slow down a bit, but never had a bad trip.

I was raised Catholic, 7yrs of catholic school.

So I say FUCK YOU.

:bigfinge:

what a WHACK religion! god v man, man v nature,

nature v god, etc

WHATEVER BRO!

there is no heaven, there is no hell NOTHING to worry about!

Be one with the Tao

Vickman!! where do I get some good Baklawa here????

:otopic:

I was raised catholic and attended cahtolic school from 1st-12th grade (not the same school). I never knew anything different til I went to college. Then I started to doubt my religion.

Every religion thinks that they are the one and only belief system that is legitimate and true. I think that everyone should be able to worship how they want. I do not think that there is only one way. I do not regularly attend church anymore and haven't in 5 years. My mother still does (my father is Lutheran and never was an actively involved in the whole religion thing). I am not denying catholicism, but there are many beliefs that I think are shit (the whole premarital sex thing, birth control, abortion, priests molesting small children...need I go on?)

Anyway, I was never really comfortable in church (sit, stand, kneel, sit stand, kneel...) I think that as long as you feel connected with your god than it does not matter if you worhsip in public or not (sometimes I think people only go to church as a social thing, especially the older women).

Sorry so long...I went off on a tangent.

Took shrooms once about a year ago and it was a horrible experience. Sensory overload for me. I was miserable for the next 7-8 hours or however long it took. It felt like an eternity. The only thing in the whole world I wanted was for it to all stop....and of course it wouldn't cause you can't make it stop.

Don't get me wrong...the giggles in the beginning was the best time ever. We watched Toy Story 2 and couldn't stop laughing.

I am inclined to say that I will never touch them again.