Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Announcement for 2-Step fans (ahem, brickhouse et al...

Venue: Tompkins Square Park, corner of Avenue A and 7th Street

Date: Saturday, June 15, 2002

Time: 3pm ? 7pm,

Benny Ill ? UK Garage/ 2step- (Horsepower productions, UK)

Qool Marv- Funk, Soul and hip hop- ( Soul Music first)

Dinesh ? Breaks (Goldspot Productions)

Greg Poole ? Hip-Hop, 2Step (Wikkid Crew)

Prince Alpha ? Reggae, Roots, Dub (Goldspot Productions)

Sound good :confused::hat:

Originally posted by wideskies

it sounds good, and 'et al' was planning on going, but i've heard it is gonna rain all weekend. :|

Ahhhh, see you've been watching the weather channel lately, WSkies. I am a fan too

11.gif

Im down for this if it stays dry...otherwise i might run and hide in the cloisters uptown and start up my own rabid-hip-hop-beat fiasco ;)

Dinesh and Greg Poole are generally pretty decent. Dinesh plays on the very hard side of things and he's good if you don't hear him every other week, otherwise his track selection gets repetative. Greg Poole likes to change things up a lot, and at a party like this, I'd expect to hear him spin a little of everything (2-step, breaks, hip hop, reggae, a little house). Also he runs with MC I-Dris....not a great MC, but not a bad one either. Good thing about him is he does change things up a lot and manages to do it well. Benny Ill was decent at Starscape but nothing to write home about. I kind of expected him to be harder just because his productions (under the name Horsepower) tend to be very dark and hard, but he was kinda bouncy much of the time I saw him. We shall see what he decides to do there, if there event happens at all...

The Horrorist is Saturday night.

Also, for those who care, Aquasky will be headlining the next Drive-By after this one.