Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
MadamMillie

URGENT: All electricity will be turned off at noon toda

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Well, it's better than the message I got yesterday: UGRENT - All lights will be turned off permanently on July 15. My company's going under. I need to find a new job quick. :(

Serious?

Well, it's better than the message I got yesterday: UGRENT - All lights will be turned off permanently on July 15. My company's going under. I need to find a new job quick. :(

ouch!, dude that sucks ass. have you started looking?

Since this seems to be the bad news thread.......my company is laying off 16,000 people in the coming weeks! At first I didn't think it was my department but now I'm hearing half of us will be gone, I can only hope it's me. I hate my job and need a real job one that can be my career. Telecom sucks......just give me my severance and I'll be soo happy, I'm going right to AC!

Yeah. Been looking for about a week now. Hopefully I find something soon. Otherwise I gotta sell my house.

Your in software, right? I heard Oracle and MicroStrategy are hiring again, also some small company called Icode, but heard bad things about them. I worked at Microstrategy(MSTR) for awhile, not a bad company of course it's not what it used to be. We had our annual company party on a cruise ship, company paid for 2 plane tickets and everything was free except for drinks. We had our own ship, ahh those were the days.:blown:

Originally posted by pgiddy

Your in software, right? I heard Oracle and MicroStrategy are hiring again, also some small company called Icode, but heard bad things about them. I worked at Microstrategy(MSTR) for awhile, not a bad company of course it's not what it used to be. We had our annual company party on a cruise ship, company paid for 2 plane tickets and everything was free except for drinks. We had our own ship, ahh those were the days.:blown:

Oracle WAS hiring, but they have a hiring freeze now until mid-Q3. Got a friend that was about to get a job there and was told about the freeze the other day.

Microstrategy would be ok, but I'm trying to decide if I want to do development work again or if I want to stay in sales.