Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What would your ideal...

.... job be? In reading today's threads most of you are unhappy with your work environment or with the line of work you do.

I personally would want to be a professional photographer working for the National Geographic. Travelling all over the world, learning about different cultures and experiencing them is something that I would definitely be excited to get up in the morning for. Although the down side of this job would be having little or no time for your family. I guess I would have to marry a co-worker that way we would travel together... wow... that would be a dream come true.. :)

btw... HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

job? i dont want to work. i know that's extremely childish, but at this stage of my life, i really dont. i'm planning on going back to school next fall, but that's SO FAR AWAY.

but if i really had to, i absolutely want to work at a record label, in charge of new talent, production-wise. oh and whatever i do, i demand decent hours.

same here. i wanna win the lotto and retire while young. like millie i also plan to go back to school, but i just began studying for the $#%@^ gmat so it might take me a year to send out all the stuff out and wait to see what school is foolish enough to accept me.

i guess my ideal job would be being a chef or something like that. maybe having my own business, or managing a club or something like that. one where i can be involved in different areas of the task in hand. i feel so constrained at times at this dump where i'm at now, but i dont complain, i mean i like what i do, if i could just do it more often instead of waiting for the govmnt people to get their shit together....and at least i get a pay check every 15 days, 'cos I have bills to pay.

Originally posted by vicman

same here. i wanna win the lotto and retire while young. like millie i also plan to go back to school, but i just began studying for the $#%@^ gmat so it might take me a year to send out all the stuff out and wait to see what school is foolish enough to accept me.

gmat's honestly arent that bad, just gotta have the discipline to practice a lot. i took the kaplan course, i'd give it a thumbs up

I think any job is enjoyable as long as you are in a good environment. Personally I think most of us are in bad environments..... perhaps it has something to do with how young we all are and our position in our work environment. Seriously how many of us really have a job where we get to make more than our fair share of decisions????

I liked my job - especially as an entry job - however the environment has done nothing but deteriorate. It is at the point now, that all I want to do is quit regardless of whether or not I have a job.

My ideal job??? I'm too pissed off in this one to think of an ideal job..... how about a professional golfer?? Or soccer player?? That would be nice..... get paid a load of money to play like a kid!!! Now that is my IDEAL job!!!!!

My idea job would be a currency tester. I would get loads and loads of different currencies from around the world and then go to that country and spend it to see if the currency is really good or not. I think it would be the ideal job and all of the world leaders would be happy cause I would be helping out everyone.

Or if I could just win the damn lotto. 6 fucking numbers. How goddamn hard is it!!

I think that owning a club would be the ideal occupation. Talk about power and decision making!

Granted it would be stressful, but imagine how much pleasure you would get out of seeing thousands of people have a great time.

You would constantly be around music that you love and awesome djs.

Then again, you would need to win the lottery to open a quality club :(

so u may not move??? please dont go!!!

Not too sure. I am definitely putting together my resume and if I get the same damn pay I'm fucking leaving this company. Or perhaps they'll actually listen to me and make things somewhat better..... All I know is I'm tired of this bullshit they've had me stuffed in for 8 months.

My personal experience says piece of mind is much better than dealing with assholes for the sake of money - becoming an alcoholic and being depressed is no way to live life..... and I don't want to become that person.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

gmat's honestly arent that bad, just gotta have the discipline to practice a lot. i took the kaplan course, i'd give it a thumbs up

yeah, your right, its the getting started part that sux, once you get into a groove its a-ok.

My ideal job - a travel writer, you get to travel to lots of great places, the hotels/bars/etc. would kiss your butt so that you write good stuff about them - all on the company's tab!

But since I can't get that gig, the quals for an ideal job:

respect & automony

a good work/life balance

a harmonious working environment (i.e., no nasty bosses or backstabbing coworkers)

believing in what the organization does

I just quit an evil job with none of the above and took a big paycut to work for a non-profit....I don't make any money now, but I have my life back -- time in the mornings to walk my dog, time in the evening for happy hours....the one downside - the sad paychecks so as a result I have set up my own nonprofit - "Mojitos for Silly Rabbit SuperFund".

Originally posted by therunner

My idea job would be a currency tester

:rolleyes: there is no such thing as a currency tester! I meant real jobs.

I like my job and what I do, working with numbers and all. I don't have anybody constantly on my ass. But I do have a problem getting motivated to work. I come in to work at 8 am. and don't start til 10 or 11 because I get distracted and start doing something else not related to work. But overall I think I'm happy with the work and with my co-workers.

Originally posted by ellywelly

:rolleyes: there is no such thing as a currency tester! I meant real jobs.

I like my job and what I do, working with numbers and all. I don't have anybody constantly on my ass. But I do have a problem getting motivated to work. I come in to work at 8 am. and don't start til 10 or 11 because I get distracted and start doing something else not related to work. But overall I think I'm happy with the work and with my co-workers.

If we are going for an ideal job, then that means it is an ideal world and in my ideal world there ARE currency testers!!

Originally posted by therunner

If we are going for an ideal job, then that means it is an ideal world and in my ideal world there ARE currency testers!!

I know, I know I said ideal jobs. I was just mad because you made me go to google and find out if there was such a job. :mad::tongue:

my family is from Hawaii and every time we go there, I dream of working at this place called Sea Life park. It's like Sea World, but in Hawaii and not as cheesy.

I would be one of those guys who swims with the dolphins and whales....that would be a $$$ job!

Originally posted by saifuku

my family is from Hawaii and every time we go there, I dream of working at this place called Sea Life park. It's like Sea World, but in Hawaii and not as cheesy.

I would be one of those guys who swims with the dolphins and whales....that would be a $$$ job!

Yeah dude, I went there and Sea life park is the shit. I got my pic taken with a dolphin while I was there. pretty cool park. I thought it was going to be real cheesy like bush gardens but it wasn't, really worth going to if you are in hawaii.

I like my job most of the time. Criminology is interesting and allows me to use my brain, on occasion.

Right now my dream job would be to open up my own clothing store in San Francisco featuring my own fur creations and other club clothes made from fabrics expressly designed for the tactile experience. I would move my tables to the shop and spin while patrons shopped. I'd offer made to order club clothes too. I'd carry a petite line too, for obvious reasons.

I'd also love to own or be part-owner of a club or lounge for a couple of years. Anyone want to loan me a few million to get this party started?