Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People Just Aren't Friendly Anymore

Originally posted by starcapone

Not everyone of course, but too many. People seem rudier & fucked up especially on the road! :mad:

I know exactly how you feel. I was getting on the train the other day, so I held the door and allowed everyone to get on the before me. After all these people get on without even acknowledging me, these two assholes stand right by the entrance and don't even let me on. I just had to yell "Excuse me!" That shit pisses me off!

Why should you go out your way to be nice to people when they just treat you like shit???

I guess we know there are two nice people in this world :D

I've done similar things too, without acknowledgement.

Funny this is, after i do something nice, and they just ignore me, i yell out a loud "YOU'RE WELCOME", and they look at me like :what:

There still are nice people out there, thank god! Just pick who you assist wisely. And know that you're the better person :)

i became "friends" with this girl who used to hang out with the same crowd as i..she thought that what was hers stayed hers, but everyone else's shit was hers as well...the most selfish, rude bitch i've encountered yet...it's people like that who motivate you to be a better person...i like to think that what good i do will come back to me...karma style.

I think so many people are used to the massive amounts of jerks in this world they dont know how to handle it when someone is nice to them ....on the bus or train its ridiculous...in addition to what aboyfrombklyn said...If im on the bus or train and an elderly person or pregnant woman gets on I get up and let them have my seat..and people look at me like I'm weird ...I'm going along with sassa and believing that the good will come back to everyone who puts good out there:)

It's so sad that it's funny..It's like did people stop learning/valuing morals. I learned in class that it's a universal moral to give up your seat for a handicapped/elderly person, but apparently that isn't so. People are too concerned with themselves-individualism. Atleast, I'm not the only one that sees it. gmccookny..you do that too? Love their reaction!

Originally posted by starcapone

Not everyone of course, but too many. People seem rudier & fucked up especially on the road! :mad:

1.I think people are stressed out in general.

2.Unsatisfied with there’s present life

3.communing every day to work isn't a fun things to do either by train or car.

just by adding thoes 2 things up and u wouldn't get a very happy or nice person.

i can't stand the way people uncomfortablly walk past each other on the streets and in the workplace.

No one smiles or says hello...everyone avoids eye contact and shuffles past you.

Smiling and saying hello would break the ice, but most people react negatively to this.

I am not saying that you should say hi to every person you pass, but a simple smile and nod would be better than diverging your eyes to the sidewalk in an uncomfortable attempt to avoid human contact.

AND, no one says thank you anymore. I always make a point to thank people if they do something nice and I always apologize for bumping into people. That is how I was raised. I think that is where the problem lies. People do not have the time to raise their children to have manners. In many cases, people do not have the time to raise their own children at all. They pawn them off on a nanny or teenage babysitter.:mad:

Originally posted by merkie

AND, no one says thank you anymore. I always make a point to thank people if they do something nice and I always apologize for bumping into people.

I hope you bump into me one day, so you can say "excuse me" and i can say "no problem, can we do lunch?"

:D