Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PvD was doooope

dartman

I had the best time @ Avalon friday night. PvD was totally freaking awesome! Was that Timo Maas opening up for him? He kicked ass too. This was my first time seeing Mr. van Dyk live and it was well worth the trip. What did you guys think of the show? I cant believe that nobody has posted anything about that night. C'mon people whats up?

Originally posted by dartman

I had the best time @ Avalon friday night. PvD was totally freaking awesome! Was that Timo Maas opening up for him? He kicked ass too. This was my first time seeing Mr. van Dyk live and it was well worth the trip. What did you guys think of the show? I cant believe that nobody has posted anything about that night. C'mon people whats up?

hey dartman,

yeah pvd was a very fun time... you were there on THURS though, yes? a wee bit confused on the days of the week? and yes, that was Timo Maas that opened ... i'd say a little bonus for us all, eh?

i'm a terrible trainspotter so i can't tell you one track he played but i recognized some of his older stuff...

ok, your right, i got the days of the week abit confused. thanks for making me feel like a dumbass. But none the less, the show rocked. i have no idea if he played that song either. I am glad that it wasnt too crowded at avalon. from what i've read Exit was PACKED UP. i have only been to Avalon twice but i really enjoyed it both times. my other experience there was the last time Oakenfold spun there on a......monday night. it just sucks that they close at 2am. What do you guys do after they close? Are there any afterhours clubs around. I am used to going to Hartford where they dont close til like 7 or 8 in the morning.

there are a few afterhours clubs... one in boston and the others outside of boston.. like in saugus... the one in boston is called rise, but it's members only... a cool place... gotta find a pass or a member ;)

hey! a few of us came up from NYC for the show too.

thought PVD was pretty sharp - on par (though shorter) than some of his old twilo sets.

lots of us can't stand EXIT, so the trip was well worth it.

and yeah, the club billboard thing kept saying it was Timo though it definitely didn't sound liike him. that guy was pretty decent though.

you guys have a really nice club there - lots of fun, great vibe in the crowd. too bad they can't go until 4 or so....

Thanks for the compliment, I will take full credit for the vibe, the DJ's.... j/k No really glad to hear that you had a great time, as far as I know all of us had an equally great time. PVD is always on point, and I agree wish it was like his old Twilo sets, nice and long....

GO PVD, I love you!!!

Originally posted by barvybe

hey! a few of us came up from NYC for the show too.

thought PVD was pretty sharp - on par (though shorter) than some of his old twilo sets.

lots of us can't stand EXIT, so the trip was well worth it.

and yeah, the club billboard thing kept saying it was Timo though it definitely didn't sound liike him. that guy was pretty decent though.

you guys have a really nice club there - lots of fun, great vibe in the crowd. too bad they can't go until 4 or so....

what a coincidence, same deal for me. Me and a couple of my friends knew exit was gonna suck, so we decided to drive up from NYC also. PVD was awsome as always. He's ridiclous, never disapoints. It was crowded, but there was plenty of room to dance. just the way it should be. not like Exit was. it was the first time i was there, and i thought the venue was very nice. vibe was great and i had fun also.

Originally posted by frosty9

what a coincidence, same deal for me. Me and a couple of my friends knew exit was gonna suck, so we decided to drive up from NYC also. PVD was awsome as always. He's ridiclous, never disapoints. It was crowded, but there was plenty of room to dance. just the way it should be. not like Exit was. it was the first time i was there, and i thought the venue was very nice. vibe was great and i had fun also.

To the boston crowd:

MUAH!!!!

i'm from nyc, barvybe is my buddy in crime. drove all the way up to boston just to see him, cause we knew exit would be WACK!

Avalon is very nice club, the vibe was def. on the dollars!!!!

Can't wait til Sasha spins there..

ok did timo mass open for PVD? or was it a locate DJ? anyways he was great also. Best time ever in a long time!!

Originally posted by theory

To the boston crowd:

MUAH!!!!

i'm from nyc, barvybe is my buddy in crime. drove all the way up to boston just to see him, cause we knew exit would be WACK!

Avalon is very nice club, the vibe was def. on the dollars!!!!

Can't wait til Sasha spins there..

ok did timo mass open for PVD? or was it a locate DJ? anyways he was great also. Best time ever in a long time!!

hey there,

glad y'all had fun up here... next time we should have a meetup so the two boards can meet, ya know? will you be at the DHDT spinoff on the 29th?

hi Theory!!! :)

yeah, we will definitely be at DHDT. can intro you to tons of NYC CP folks and Sound Factory board kids...should be a great time.

btw - my recommendation is NEVER EVER go to EXIT...even for PVD. actually especially for him. its just way to crowded and ruins it :(

when we come up (hopefully for sasha like ma lady said) we hope to meet u all.

AIM = ThreePetey