Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vote For The 2002 Summer Anthem

Originally posted by StArBrYte

why not? they just started PLAYING it this summer (even though it came out before), and people go crazy when they hear it. Please elaborate and MAYBE I will see your argument...

if that was the only prerequisite to a summer anthem then why not goin thru it or safe from harm or even love at 1st sight?

People go nuts when they hear these songs in the clubs but I don't think we are going to anoint any of these traxx as the summer anthem.

trippin is good but i can't see hearing it and saying that it was one of the best of 2002. imo :tongue:

First of all its way to early to be calling it a summer anthem....I just think the song is missing the power other anthems have had....such as Mel C- I turn to you...last summer when that song got dropped people went crazy....the anthem is out there...it just hasn't walked up and smacked us yet

This is the 1 of a million posts...about the "Summer Anthem"....what is to come out of this?...does anyone really think the board is gonna agree on one?....the "Summer Anthem" is gonna be different for everyone & its just your personal fav of that summer....& no one here can say what is a summer anthem or whats not....cause its different for eveyone.IMO

2000:

Inaya Day -Movin Up

Mel C - I Turn To You<<<dropped in 2000 not 2001

Deborah Cox - I Never Knew

Bob Sinclar - Feel For You

Spiller - Groovejet<<<before JP dropped it

Tamia - Stranger In My House<<<as much as u might hate it its was big

Dynamix - Don't Want another Man

etc....etc...the best summer for vocals

2001:

Aubrey - Stand Still

Jessica Folker - To Be Able To Love<<<still hate this

II0 - Rapture

Suzanne Palmer - Hide U

2002:

Laid - No More Games

Mantra - Away<<<still gettin major play

Angie Stone - I wish I didn't Miss You

Widelife - I Don't Want You (Dezrok)<<<has potential

Paulina Rubio - Don't Say Goodbye

Perpetuous Dreamer - Sound Of Goodbye<<<soo sick of both these

postively to early to pick your Favorites, the Summer Anthem thing is over rated by now IMO

okay, okay, you guys make some valid points... I just like the song so nothing is going to change my opinion, I see how people react (myself included) when someone drops it but we'll see. You are right, it is still a little early (but not THAT early, I mean it is almost the end of JUNE) but if that was the case, then don't you think the entire THREAD is a little premature, nevermind Trippin? :shaky:

Originally posted by wakeup

no shit it wasnt an anthem juicefeg. its a joke with starslut:rolleyes:

LOL well he is right... it was DIDO, I know you knew that but it was just funny how you made that mistake. You were thinking of my OTHER personal anthem, hold on!!!! :D

p.s. and isn't it ironic that he called you a pothead, today out of all days!!!!!! :shaky:

Originally posted by thehype

wait a sec. The past 2 years, everyone knew what the summer anthem was by the middle of June. In 2000 it was Final Chapter and in 2001 it was Derb. Here we are, its the middle of June and no summer anthem

I agree w/ the mid june statement but 2000 was movin up and 2001 was to be able to love. a summer anthem is usually a vocal.

Originally posted by thehype

wait a sec. The past 2 years, everyone knew what the summer anthem was by the middle of June. In 2000 it was Final Chapter and in 2001 it was Derb. Here we are, its the middle of June and no summer anthem

There is no sure fire formula for when exactly the summer anthem of all anthems drops...

Just let it happen when it happens...

Relax ppl, we got some time, anyway it's not even officially summer yet....:cool: