Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD @exit review

patural9

Friday night at exit was off the hook. I got to exit early so i wouldnt have to wait in those long ass lines that used to be at twilo and it paid off, not to mention that my flight got in at 830pm and i was done killing time at some bar in time square. Me and my girl get into the club and its no hassles, after letting go of 100 clams for entry for 2 we went in and made a B line to the bar. 2 rum and cokes another 20 bucks with tip I knew this was gonna be a typically expensive NYC trip.. by the time PvD gets oin at 1am this place was as packed as twilo and the crowd was going nuts when "are you ready for?........" PVD flashes on the monitors above the dj booth.. PvD came on and tore it up. No mistakes all night, fluid mixing and killer driving bass lines with minimal cheese. Even though he dropped alot of tracks from his past 2 live sets, there were plenty more that were darker and harder as the night progressed. It sounded good even on the bassheavy system that exit has. He played for an extra 30 mins than scheduled and ended at 530am and the place was still packed, then edgar v stepped up and i had to catch my 7am flight back home. Its taken me 2 days to recover from friday. I'll have this set was one to remember.. here are the songs that i rem in no particular order

pvd- take me higher

pvd vs city - suzanne

seven of 9

cream

avenue

of course- ralpbhie b- massive

m factor- mother

and a whole lot more, that i cant remember right now.. hmm i think ive lost too many brain cells..:eek: :eek: :eek: Its good to know he hasnt lost it like alot of old pvd fans think

Anyways just wanted to share with you guys that couldnt make it.

patrick

icon14.gif

nice review pat, looks like it was a icon21.gif night. all the other reviews i've seen around seem to indicate it was a great night all in all.

pvd playing harder and darker? hmmm....now he's really spiked my interest even more.

FUCK YEAH! FUCK YEAH! Oh my gawd! Friday night at Exit was UNREAL! Right before PvD took the decks the entire club was chanting "PAUL VAN DYK! PAUL VAN DYK!" He stepped up and tore the roof off the club. His set was bangin'! Tons of white ballons flooded the dance floor - it was crazy! It was very crowded but I didn't care. I danced my heart out. The smile did not leave my face the entire night. All I could say was "FUCK YEAH!" because the man had me in awe! He did play some older tracks but it didn't make a difference to me - I was in heaven! :D The decks were set up on the stage so I had a perfect view of him no matter where I was on the dance floor. :D

We got to the club really late - shortly after midnight. I was afraid the line would be long but it moved quickly. Security didn't touch me, just waved me on in. The crowd in the club left a lot to be desired but I have no regrets about going. I'd gladly deal with them again for PvD. He was AMAZING! I can't even write a decent review because I'm still in afterglow mode *lol* I can not put it in to words!

I *really* hope the rumors of him coming to DC in July or August are true! I can't wait to see him again! WOW!

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

FUCK YEAH! FUCK YEAH! Oh my gawd! Friday night at Exit was UNREAL! Right before PvD took the decks the entire club was chanting "PAUL VAN DYK! PAUL VAN DYK!" He stepped up and tore the roof off the club. His set was bangin'! Tons of white ballons flooded the dance floor - it was crazy! It was very crowded but I didn't care. I danced my heart out. The smile did not leave my face the entire night. All I could say was "FUCK YEAH!" because the man had me in awe! He did play some older tracks but it didn't make a difference to me - I was in heaven! :D The decks were set up on the stage so I had a perfect view of him no matter where I was on the dance floor. :D

We got to the club really late - shortly after midnight. I was afraid the line would be long but it moved quickly. Security didn't touch me, just waved me on in. The crowd in the club left a lot to be desired but I have no regrets about going. I'd gladly deal with them again for PvD. He was AMAZING! I can't even write a decent review because I'm still in afterglow mode *lol* I can not put it in to words!

I *really* hope the rumors of him coming to DC in July or August are true! I can't wait to see him again! WOW!

But what everyone wants to know is, how many times did you get your ass grabbed at Exit? :D

:cry:

here's my review of his l.a. show:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102189

it's really way too long, but very little of it is about pvd; the club was too hot to dance/stand/sit/BE in at all, so i had to spend most of my time outside. i had a good time with the partygoers, but i couldn't even stay in the club for all of his ridiculously short three hour set.

:cry:

(glad you had fun, though!)

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

But what everyone wants to know is, how many times did you get your ass grabbed at Exit? :D

Actually not once - am I losing my magic? *lol* Maybe it had a lot to do with the fact that I was walking around with a guy friend? Who knows but that wasn't really an issue there. I did get some guys coming up to me and just staring at me while I danced which kind of creeped me out but other than that it was fine!

weyes - I'm sorry you didn't have a good time at his la gig :( he did a 4 1/2 hour set at Exit. I know if he had been the closing dj he would have gone longer but I'll take what I can get!

HIGHMAY! I can't believe you were there and I didn't see you. But I heard a little rumor that you had a *VERY* good time ;)

Originally posted by patural9

Friday night at exit was off the hook. I got to exit early so i wouldnt have to wait in those long ass lines that used to be at twilo and it paid off, not to mention that my flight got in at 830pm and i was done killing time at some bar in time square. Me and my girl get into the club and its no hassles, after letting go of 100 clams for entry for 2 we went in and made a B line to the bar. 2 rum and cokes another 20 bucks with tip I knew this was gonna be a typically expensive NYC trip.. by the time PvD gets oin at 1am this place was as packed as twilo and the crowd was going nuts when "are you ready for?........" PVD flashes on the monitors above the dj booth.. PvD came on and tore it up. No mistakes all night, fluid mixing and killer driving bass lines with minimal cheese. Even though he dropped alot of tracks from his past 2 live sets, there were plenty more that were darker and harder as the night progressed. It sounded good even on the bassheavy system that exit has. He played for an extra 30 mins than scheduled and ended at 530am and the place was still packed, then edgar v stepped up and i had to catch my 7am flight back home. Its taken me 2 days to recover from friday. I'll have this set was one to remember.. here are the songs that i rem in no particular order

pvd- take me higher

pvd vs city - suzanne

seven of 9

cream

avenue

of course- ralpbhie b- massive

m factor- mother

and a whole lot more, that i cant remember right now.. hmm i think ive lost too many brain cells..:eek: :eek: :eek: Its good to know he hasnt lost it like alot of old pvd fans think

Anyways just wanted to share with you guys that couldnt make it.

patrick

hey bud

how are u?

OH! I can't believe I forgot to mention this. His encore was Second Sun - The Spell. What a sick fucking track! I thought I was going to come out of my skin when he dropped it. I didn't know the name of it at first and I was like "this sounds familiar but I thought it had male vocals..." PvD pitches it so it sound like a woman - NICE!

I still have permagrin! :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by vicman

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i'm lmao 'cos tinybutterfli has used the term "fuck" more in this pvd review than she has since she started posting on cp.

hee hee - its the new yorker in me. she comes out to play for a few days after i'm in new york.

so just for you vic - FUCK YEAH! :D

i know he played a couople of second sun songs, some of them are kinda cheesey from second sun like the one he played that talked about the rain and the rainbow or some shit lol,

Secondsunthe spell huh? Yes it was ILL.

oh about the ass grabbing... its funny cuz people are giving so much shit about how many asians there were at the club, not one asian got up on my my girl and grabbed her ass. However, there were about 20 times when she had to fend off other motherfuckers. Also some people were like man its too fucking crowded, but it was jsut as crowded as anyother night at twilo with PvD, u just had to expect and go with it.. maddam mille do i know u?

i know he played a couople of second sun songs, some of them are kinda cheesey from second sun like the one he played that talked about the rain and the rainbow or some shit lol,

oh about the ass grabbing... its funny cuz people are giving so much shit about how many asians there were at the club, not one asian got up on my my girl and grabbed her ass. However, there were about 20 times when she had to fend off other motherfuckers. Also some people were like man its too fucking crowded, but it was jsut as crowded as anyother night at twilo with PvD, u just had to expect and go with it.. maddam mille do i know u?

Here's a partial track listing I got from ezdreamer. The tracks are in no particular order (except the 1st & last one)

Sasha-Belfunk

DJ Reeloop - Fucking Society (Chromedioxid II Remix)

Goldenscan - Sunrise (Pulser 6 am remix)

Paul Van Dyk & Jan Johnston- unknown

M factor - Mother

Misja Hesloot - First Second

Armin Van Buuren- Sunburn

Paul Van Dyk- Another Way

Paul Van Dyk- Tell Me Why

Paul Van Dyk- Words

Paul Van Dyk- Forbidden Fruit (2002 remix)

Solid Sleep - Club Attack

Paul Van Dyk vs City- Suzann

Blank & Jones - Cream (Paul Van Dyk Remix)

Paul Van Dyk- Take Me Higher

Rank1 - Awakening

Tillman Uhrmacher - On The Run (Ocean To Shore Remix)

Ralphie B - Massive (Filterheadz Remix)

4 Strings - Diving

Ayu - M (Above And Beyond's Typhoon Dub)

Aquanuts - Deep Sea (Martin Eyerer Remix)

Second Sun - The Spell

I was super excited about Forbidden Fruit. It is one of my favorite old PvD tracks. What a great night!

i do know a tom in silver spring i think, hangs out with district soul crew? maybe not. y did u order from yoshi when you can drive up the street.

wtf? both of you (you and millie) know shadygroove (sung)

I know vic, its a small fucking world :D

yeah, i know you through sung, and i properley met millie at metatracks last year when sung had a dj practice thing there and had us bring beer and whatnot there.

oh about the ass grabbing... its funny cuz people are giving so much shit about how many asians there were at the club, not one asian got up on my my girl and grabbed her ass. However, there were about 20 times when she had to fend off other motherfuckers.

Yeah what is it with asians and trance anyway? I think shady, millie, and I are like the only ones around here that like good music (ahem progressive:D). damn those parents for making yella babies that have been programmed to like trance.

he played "tell me why"? :cry: :cry: :cry: i could just die right now... what wouldn't i give to hear that live?...

man that sucks about LA, how the fuck can giant still be throwing credible parties without its own venue?

i dunno. they're supposed to have a permanent home by the end of this year, i think, or was it next summer? i could get back to you on that. but giant was pulling in the biggest talent in l.a., with spundae very close behind. after this, with so many people swearing not to go back to giant and with djs and agents seeing how poorly this was executed, spundae may seriously shoot up the ladder.*

*weyes' prediction, based on not all that much except what seems to be her own sweet logic