Clubplanet Nightlife Community

inter-racial dating

deepak1977

my friend and i were at a bar on saturday night, and he told me that he believes his bad luck with girls has to do with the fact he's not white. i agree with him to a degree, in that white girls more often prefer white guys. however, as a south asian, i have seen this is not always the case, i even had some sucess with non-south asian girls, and i have seen other south asian guys with non-south asian girls. i want to know if any of you guys have ever been in a relationship with a person of a different race or can you honestly see yourself in the future having a relationship with a person in the near future????:cool:

I had been involved with an Afghani girl back in school for about 4 months. (im blonde-surfer-looking dude)

The only reason things ended was due to her old-world religious thinking parents, and that she was prolly going to have an arranged marriage.

((boy do i miss her authentic afghani cooking and sweet poems she'd write))

But, i could see how there might be problems. It depends on where the guy/girl grew up and with what type of parents. Surprisingly the 'rents have a big influence on this, but it could happen in the right conditions :)

. . . Like Papa Smurf said: It's really about the parents . . you'd be amazed at how much influence they can have . . .

. . A small Anecdote: About 5 months ago, my cousin got up and moved from New Rochelle to Stamford almost overnight . . . Didn't leave anything behind, nothing . . . only the number of her cell so she could be reached in case of emergency . . . Time went by and my mom's side of the family (of which she is a part, and filled with old school Italians I might add . . ) started wondering what happened (there was static between them and her, so the split wasn't exactly clean so to speak) . . Turns out she settled down with a black guy in Connecticut ( I can't think of any other way to term it . . .but hey, I'm part black guy, part white guy, part middle eastern guy and probably . . just maybe . . . part asian guy . . so you insert the PC term of your choice . . ;).) . . Make a long story short, my mother's side of the family found out about this oh, I'd say 3 weeks ago and they were LIVID . . . My mom (who's pretty liberal) and I had a good laugh about how they're freaking out . . I do find it sad that they reacted that way though, he's been nothing but a gentleman to her according to my other cousin. . . AND it's much better than her ex, who used to beat the living crap out of her (Like "throw her down the stairs" type beating) . . . and he was a white guy . .

. . . so the moral of the story is. . . Love don't give a shit!! . . .

. . and also I'd like to quote from Bullworth when I say: We just gotta keep fucking each other until we're all the same color . .

. . Hellz yeah!! . . :aright: . . .

I've been involved with a asian girl for the last 7 months. This is the first time I have ever dated dated some on out of my race for more then a night. All I can say is it has been fun and different then what I ever expected. Be open to new people.

I asked the same question a few months ago about if I should pursue a relationship with a person that was outside my race and thanks to the advice of my fellow CPers;) I realized that it doesnt matter what race they are, the only thing that matters is the attraction and being happy ...I've found for some reason I'm more attracted to hispanic guys (and italian guys:tongue: ) then guys that are of another race or nationality (I'm white). It's just the way things work out for me most of the time. Some people just cant date outside their race for some reason, my mom would never, I would...I guess its just the way you're brought up, and the environment around you. Just do whatever makes you happy.:)

thanks for your imput, CPer's. i can see where most of you guys are coming from, and i agree with you guys. when you get down to it, we're all black in the dark :D

however, i know that i have to put more effort in order for a non-indian girl to even notice me. when she does notice me, i have to be more charmming than i would with an indian girl, because i have to disprove whatever stereotypes she may have about indians. because let's face it, unless you live in new jersey and go to rutgers, the only exposure to indian culture a non-indian person is going to have, is through apu on the "simpsons". now, i think apu is hilarious on the simpsons, and i do applaud the creators in portraying him as an actual person and not some exotic FOB(Fresh Off the Boat), but it is just plain sad that many people's only connection to my heritage is through a cartoon(even though it is a great cartoon). to make matters worse, in the wake of 9/11, guys who have brown skin are not portrayed in the most positive light in the media. if i go a week without shaving, people get terrified when i enter a store, thinking i will bomb the place.

now, once i can get past teaching indian culture 101, then i know i can get the girl or if she rejects me, i know it is because of my personal qualities and not my ethnicity. i understand that holding stereotypes and opting for people who come from the same background is a fact of life. however, i just wish our society and media can be more embracive of inter-racial dating, where people's first impression of me is either i am a computer geek or a terrorist.

I know totally where you're coming from, D ;)

In fact, i thank the place where i grew up (freeport, NY) to open me up to friends of all types of ethnicities (black, spanish, new gunean, indian, asian, the list goes on). And most people in my area were tolerant of the mixing.

I myself am open to lots of things, and im somebody that would fit in the nazi camp perfectly if it were based on only looks.

I say be yourself, and don't focus on the differences. Instead, notice how much you and *whatever* type of girl you like have in common. You'll be surprised!

BTW, wish me luck, im currently chatting it up with a nice Egyptian girl, and things are goin nice n swell :D

come to think of it, i´ve only had white girls so far. then again, my whole social circle (friends, family, aquaintances) is white... hmm i know loosely one asian guy and one arabian girl. the asian guy is kinda psycho-weird and the arabic girl told me after our second encounter that her religion forbids her to have any kind of sexual intercourse before marriage. haha, bye bye. dunno, i guess i´ll stick to the white girls, like them more lookwise, even if theré are some HOT hispanics out there. but hey, i´m open for exceptions ;)

gmc, consider yourself fortunate to be raised in such a diverse place and are exposed to so many different cultures. i think we are progressing-although slowly-as a society of being more accepting.

oh yeah, good luck with that girl you are trying to hook up with:D

and i like brown men. caramel color is my favorite shade. white american men typically aren't attracted to me, or they treat me like dog-do - or they're boring or uptight or too conservative or into sports too much.......i really enjoy dating men from other ethnic backgrounds. it's refreshing to see things from their perspective and learn about their culture & beliefs. maybe your friend shouldn't worry about what white girls think about him and focus on the really cool multi-cultural girls out there in manhattan - they're everywhere!

I have dated several women of color in my life, my current g/f is latina. My friends have always been cool with it, but where i have had some negitive feedback is from the white girls I have dated. They seem to have a problem with the fact that I have dated "outside" the race. Also my parents, Good Italians that they are were never too happy about it either.

Anyway to me a beautiful women is a beautiful women as long as whats inside is equal too or better then the outside...Peace