Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WinMX - the new Audiogalaxy?????

phrankyc

It's got potential. The interface reminds me of Napster and it's decentralized so it can't be shut down the way AG was. I really don't like Kazaa and Grokster or Guntella based programs like bearshare and limewire. It's just going to take people moving their files over to WinMX to make it work.

When Napster died, it took a bit of time before AG became the file trading mechanism of choice. Don't fret, many people are acting like lost sheep right now. It's a matter of time before another program becomes the dominant program of choice. AG will be missed though. :(

Ok..here's the deal--

the second anyone hears of or discovers a new efficient file trading site, please let us all know!

WINmx I've used in the past and it's OK...not that great and quite slow...but maybe once the masses move over to that it will be better. I dunno, I'm kind of hoping for a completely new thing to come about instead...

I just hope it happens soon...:worry:

Originally posted by pipdaddy

MIRC

BEEN AROUND SINCE BEFORE NAPSTER, AND WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FREAKING MOVIES, PS2 GAMES, XBOX. ANYTHING. ITS KINDA COMPLICATED, BUT ONCE YOU FIGURE OUT THE BASICS, ITS PIRATE HEAVEN. AHOY MATEY

Gimme a room, a server, and your nickname !

Originally posted by rdancer

What about Kazaa Lite, Someone needs to scramble and organize some groups!

Just downloaded it...yay, free of spyware. This could work, but only if more people join...

Gonna try the MIRC thing now though, hadn't heard of it until now...