Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When you have a slumlord...

malanee

You can expect to wait more than 2 weeks to get your washing machine fixed.

You can have your window screens taped up instead of replaced, because they are so old they let the mosquitoes in - but your slumlord is too cheap to replace them.

You can have your roof leak in the same place at least 3 times a year.

You can have your back parking aread turn into a lake because your slumlord is too cheap to fill it in.

You can be told that you have no right to complain.

Grrr! Can you tell I'm pissed?

:mad:

Originally posted by malanee

You can expect to wait more than 2 weeks to get your washing machine fixed.

You can have your window screens taped up instead of replaced, because they are so old they let the mosquitoes in - but your slumlord is too cheap to replace them.

You can have your roof leak in the same place at least 3 times a year.

You can have your back parking aread turn into a lake because your slumlord is too cheap to fill it in.

You can be told that you have no right to complain.

Grrr! Can you tell I'm pissed?

:mad:

My landlord in Germany was that way so I know how you feel. As a matter of fact that bastard still has half of my deposit. But german law says they can keep up to 50% for a year. Those nazi fucks!! I just want my damn money back.

ok ok ok

I still think you should withold the rent until your issues are resolved. I'm not sure about DC, but in Virginia there are "livability" laws and renter's rights. Maybe check out the statues in your area. There's gotta be something you can access online.

I do know how you feel though. The problem in my slummy apartment was three inch roaches and rats. That's when I learned that pine-sol really is a good product. The exterminator (aka my favorite person on earth) told me that's the only cleaner that will kill the bacteria carried by rodents. I use nothing else now, just in case.

Originally posted by nourishment

ok ok ok

I do know how you feel though. The problem in my slummy apartment was three inch roaches and rats. That's when I learned that pine-sol really is a good product. The exterminator (aka my favorite person on earth) told me that's the only cleaner that will kill the bacteria carried by rodents. I use nothing else now, just in case.

Note to self: NEVER move to Richmond

That's when I learned that pine-sol really is a good product. The exterminator (aka my favorite person on earth) told me that's the only cleaner that will kill the bacteria carried by rodents. I use nothing else now, just in case.

So thats what that smell is:D

ok ok ok

I still think you should withold the rent until your issues are resolved. I'm not sure about DC, but in Virginia there are "livability" laws and renter's rights. Maybe check out the statues in your area. There's gotta be something you can access online.

Oooh, don't withhold rent because that will just backfire and you could get evicted. I am not sure what the rules are exactly regarding 'livability', but I think it has more to do w/ electricity, heat, water, etc. - the basics. You can call the DCRA (Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs) they are the ones that handle landlord/tenant issues. http://dcra.dc.gov/main.shtm

I think there is also a legal kindof website - Nolo or something like that which might give you some pointers on how to handle this guy....

Good luck!

Originally posted by pgiddy

also it has alcohol in it and gets you high if you smell it, don't ask...

Dude, Try this. Get a a pie pan, file it with a 1/2 inch of gasoline, take the pie pan into a closet and sit until all of the gasoline evaporates. Fun times for the whole family, but you must remember not to smoke while you are in the closet. You can also use the bathroom too but don't turn the vent on.