Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge Is Slowly Going Down The Tubes

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by swollashell

:laugh: merge is slowly going to the crapper...the last 2 saturdays have been pretty freakin beat...and richie, STOP WITH THE MADONNA, the song sucks. :mad:

This is funny. 29 posts, and all 29 are anti-Denny/Tempts, and anti-Rydell/Merge.... I wonder who this could be?

Your arguments are old news, if you don't like Denny or Richie then stay away from Tempts and Merge, Plain and Simple.....

Oh yeah but you did have one post that praised someone....

Originally posted by djdanfury

This is funny. 29 posts, and all 29 are anti-Denny/Tempts, and anti-Rydell/Merge.... I wonder who this could be?

Your arguments are old news, if you don't like Denny or Richie then stay away from Tempts and Merge, Plain and Simple.....

Oh yeah but you did have one post that praised someone....

I love Richie and Denny! And I LOVE TEMPS!!! But for some reason, I have never had the urge to go to Merge. I guess I never heard good things about it. I feel bad that Merge isn't busy though but the past two weekends haven't been too nice down the shore so that is probobly why! wait until July and August - that is when everyone starts to come down!!! June is a beat month!!

Well, I haven't been down the shore in two weekends. But I have heard that both Merge and Tempts have been slow. While XS has been busy. I mean I don't if is factual but the source at Tempts is a good friend of mine and a bartender, and Merge that has always been the story. But yet I have heard the music has been awesome. Who knows??

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

It has been good every week I have been there so stop with the drama.

I really don't have anything against Merge, its a nice club, but the people on this board that post how packed it was are full of shit(at least one time).

I was going back and forth between Tempts and Merge one night and Tempts was packed Merge was dead(and i was there prime time 1-3:30). the following monday on this board people were posting how dead Tempts was and merge was packed....complete BS.......I could have counted on both hands the # of people in the place & i was with 4 of them...lets face it Bermuda use to get more packed.....

I have nothing to do with either club........just making an observation with the board

I am never said it was packed. Just because it wasnt packed doesnt mean it wasn't good.

I took some friends there who really arent into the club scene, and yeah it wasnt packed, but RR was definitely ON and the people that were there were all pretty cool.

Its going to be hard to pack 3 clubs on any given nite that are all within a block of each other and all have good DJs playing.

:aright:

A giant fuck you to everybody. All you people do is criticise and talk shit. You ever notice not one of you people ever said hey I had a good time here or there. NOBODY. Youre all abunch of little bitch ass pussies. I've been going to tempts for years -- loved it. This year I hit up Merge for the first time MDW IT WAS PACKED AND THE MUSIC WAS GREAT. and anybody that tries to dispute that fact you know youre wrong. I've gone back every weekend except for last since I was sick Richie has been ripping it up all summer. Between metro and merge he's probably the best dj so far this summer. Bold statement and I'm making it.

For the record I DO NOT WORK AT METRO OR MERGE.

Merge also happens to be almost double the size of Tempts and therefore takes more people to fill up.

I'll admit evrery week hasn't been as packed as MDW but it is no where near empty. It is more girls than guys and is a good looking crowd. I went to tempts twice this summer and walked out. Nothing but greasy sweaty guys. It was like a sausage party, although the girls that were there were pretty amazing.

Just my $0.02.

KOSTA P

I am never said it was packed. Just because it wasnt packed doesnt mean it wasn't good.

I agree.............

Exit is packed every weekend and I hardly consider it a good club..........

Merge was not packed at all this past Saturday but I had a great time...........the music was off the hook, club is beautiful, bartenders are great, and the crowd that was there was quality...........no jerk offs, hot girls, and everyone was into it..........it's def not a competition........Merge is way different from the other clubs on the blvd..........it def has it's place.

:D

Originally posted by stiffler

I really don't have anything against Merge, its a nice club, but the people on this board that post how packed it was are full of shit(at least one time).

I was going back and forth between Tempts and Merge one night and Tempts was packed Merge was dead(and i was there prime time 1-3:30). the following monday on this board people were posting how dead Tempts was and merge was packed....complete BS.......I could have counted on both hands the # of people in the place & i was with 4 of them...lets face it Bermuda use to get more packed.....

I have nothing to do with either club........just making an observation with the board

Hey stiffy

whats more fun than an empty club, Go Merge!

Originally posted by tyco

Merge was not packed at all this past Saturday but I had a great time...........the music was off the hook, club is beautiful, bartenders are great, and the crowd that was there was quality...........no jerk offs, hot girls, and everyone was into it..........it's def not a competition........Merge is way different from the other clubs on the blvd..........it def has it's place.

:D

I agree. The music and crowd was good and thats all that matters to me. The staff is great, from Nick, George, Petey, Jason and others. They all make you feel welcomed. I am also a big fan of Temps as well. The staff that I know are very friendly and make you feel welcomed. Ceeotter, Frankie, Kerri and Jersey Joel are all great people. The music is good at Temps as well. There is nothing wrong with being fans of both clubs. And I do not work for any club.

This post was an attempt to start drama which it did.

This fucking board is so Pro-Tempts and Anti-Everything Else that it is a joke.......

MDW Merge was packed. Richie was killing the place like he does everyweek at Metro and Merge. I wasn't there last weekend but the weekend before EVERY club....I'll say it again......EVERY CLUB was EMPTY on saturday. Say what you want about the set up at merge, but i happen to love it. George is the best bartender in the tri-state area. Petey is cool and down to earth.

I am so sick of this Tempts vs. Merge bullshit. Some of you complain about Richie playing madonna everyweek.....How bout the fact that Denny has been playing Relentless for the past 4 years non-stop. Jesus Christ if I hear those damn horns one more time, I think I am gonna explode. Every Juice head from Brooklyn to Cape May is in tempts with no shirts on. Assholes throwing water on each other to another song that was played out three summers ago.....

Now go ahead and say what you want.....Everyone has different tastes in music and clubs....Just fucking go out this weekend and have a good time.....Wheter its at Merge, Tempts, XS, bamboo, Djais, Bar A....Have fun and be safe!!!!!

Originally posted by tommytempts

It's the BOMB!

oh yeah.............................

the "CROWD"(as in crowded) goes nuts everytime he drops just a hint of that song................so why wouldn't Denny play it...

But I will have to say that Richie is an excellent DJ, and the night I was there he was absolutely on point..........just that I feel bad he's playing for a hand full of people who get paid to be there along with the few people that post about the club. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just the observation I made this year and last year everytime I went. I actually felt bad when I was there because it is a really nice club that deserves the best.

I PERSONALLY REALLY LIKE THAT PLACE:

FIRST OF ALL ITS NOT PACKED LIKE OTHER PLACES & NO'S SWEAT GETS ON YOU

THE MUSIC IS AWESOME.. EVEN THOUGHT MODONNA HAS GOT TO GO..LOL

PLUS THERE'S A LOT OF GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE.. AND COMPARING TO OTHER PLACES ITS A LITTLE BIT MORE CLASSY.

Originally posted by l3lueyes

I PERSONALLY REALLY LIKE THAT PLACE:

FIRST OF ALL ITS NOT PACKED LIKE OTHER PLACES & NO'S SWEAT GETS ON YOU

THE MUSIC IS AWESOME.. EVEN THOUGHT MODONNA HAS GOT TO GO..LOL

PLUS THERE'S A LOT OF GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE.. AND COMPARING TO OTHER PLACES ITS A LITTLE BIT MORE CLASSY.

I agree, it is a very nice club inside. Really nice I think the nicest decorated wise in seaside. There all different though, you can;t compare one to the other. I really don;t care as long as good people are around I always have fun..............

I really like the way merge looks inside but the 2 times I have been there once last year and once 2 weeks ago it was totally dead. I like music and a good vibe but I need a good crowd to have fun. You all may love merge and not mind the emptiness but how long do you really think it will stay around? After all you need crowds to make money. I think ill stop in sat though and see how it is.

As for temps goes I cant stand it when there is about 9 guys per every one girl. The venue is shitty but I still have had great times.

I also would like to add that I really have to hand it to the people that run joeys/surf they always seem to pull an even number of guys to girls.

Originally posted by notallthere

You all may love merge and not mind the emptiness but how long do you really think it will stay around? After all you need crowds to make money. I think ill stop in sat though and see how it is.

This saturday should definitely be a good night to check it out. With the anniversary party, Lasgo performance, Richie Rydel, and George behind the bar you can't go wrong........

BTW.... Merge is not going anywhere for a very long time, and is here to stay... Unless an Absolutely Ridiculous offer to buy the place comes around, or Petey K decides to move to Vegas you will be seeing and hearing a lot about Merge...

The place is still in its infancy, and it is going to take time to build a consistent clientele. If you really think about it, Merge is doing unbelievable all things considered....