Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge Is Slowly Going Down The Tubes

Originally posted by djdanfury

This saturday should definitely be a good night to check it out. With the anniversary party, Lasgo performance, Richie Rydel, and George behind the bar you can't go wrong........

BTW.... Merge is not going anywhere for a very long time, and is here to stay... Unless an Absolutely Ridiculous offer to buy the place comes around, or Petey K decides to move to Vegas you will be seeing and hearing a lot about Merge...

The place is still in its infancy, and it is going to take time to build a consistent clientele. If you really think about it, Merge is doing unbelievable all things considered....

I agree............

to open a club one and two doors down from places as established as XS and Tempts is not easy.............but the fact that Merge takes a different angle than both of them makes me believe it will do well...........Rydell's performances aren't hurting either lol :D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is I will request Like A Prayer to be looped for a good half hour so there can be some more bitching on here....

I am also a bit sick of the song but unfortunately the DJ is not a puppet on a string and does exactly what you all want him to do:

1-2-3 Jump 1-2-3- Jump... Fcuk that... Music has been sick there and the place has lots of potential, those who went MDW know that....

See you all Saturday at merge and Sunday at Surf....

Chris

Originally posted by unclebuc

This fucking board is so Pro-Tempts and Anti-Everything Else that it is a joke.......

MDW Merge was packed. Richie was killing the place like he does everyweek at Metro and Merge. I wasn't there last weekend but the weekend before EVERY club....I'll say it again......EVERY CLUB was EMPTY on saturday. Say what you want about the set up at merge, but i happen to love it. George is the best bartender in the tri-state area. Petey is cool and down to earth.

I am so sick of this Tempts vs. Merge bullshit. Some of you complain about Richie playing madonna everyweek.....How bout the fact that Denny has been playing Relentless for the past 4 years non-stop. Jesus Christ if I hear those damn horns one more time, I think I am gonna explode. Every Juice head from Brooklyn to Cape May is in tempts with no shirts on. Assholes throwing water on each other to another song that was played out three summers ago.....

Now go ahead and say what you want.....Everyone has different tastes in music and clubs....Just fucking go out this weekend and have a good time.....Wheter its at Merge, Tempts, XS, bamboo, Djais, Bar A....Have fun and be safe!!!!!

If you're so sick of the Tempts vs. Merge bullshit then why contribute to it? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kostaP

A giant fuck you to everybody. All you people do is criticise and talk shit. You ever notice not one of you people ever said hey I had a good time here or there. NOBODY. Youre all abunch of little bitch ass pussies. I've been going to tempts for years -- loved it. This year I hit up Merge for the first time MDW IT WAS PACKED AND THE MUSIC WAS GREAT. and anybody that tries to dispute that fact you know youre wrong. I've gone back every weekend except for last since I was sick Richie has been ripping it up all summer. Between metro and merge he's probably the best dj so far this summer. Bold statement and I'm making it.

For the record I DO NOT WORK AT METRO OR MERGE.

Merge also happens to be almost double the size of Tempts and therefore takes more people to fill up.

I'll admit evrery week hasn't been as packed as MDW but it is no where near empty. It is more girls than guys and is a good looking crowd. I went to tempts twice this summer and walked out. Nothing but greasy sweaty guys. It was like a sausage party, although the girls that were there were pretty amazing.

Just my $0.02.

KOSTA P

YEAH WHAT KOSTA SAID

Guest saleen351

HOW COME NO ONE PRAISES XS BUT EVERYONE I SPEAK TOO INDCLUDING SOME OF YOUS SAY ITS BY FAR THE MOST PACKED IN SSH THIS SUMMER? WHATS UP WITH THAT... BRING DENNY TO XS JUST ONE WEDS NIGHT OR THRUSDAY AND BAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THE SHORE WILL LOVE IT BIG TIME...

BY THE WAY A NEW VENUE IS MOVING INTO SSH NEXTS YEAR, THOUGH ITS NOT A CLUB IT WILL SURELY HURT SOME PLACES DOWN THERE....

GO JETS.....

Originally posted by thesandman

See you all Saturday at merge and Sunday at Surf....

Chris

you mean your old body can take that kind of abuse???? Impressive.....

And as for allt his Merge - Tempts talk....

SHUT UP AND DANCE..... all of you.....

I like a crowd as much as the rest of us, but I feel a good DJ is more important than a PACKED club... I dance, not just stand in a spot and bounce, I go off (those who know me know this to be a fact.. all night, non-stop) who wants to be a sardine on a dancefloor??? Take a city club..... SF, it is not god until 5-6 AM, when all the rif-raf has left and the only people who are there REALLY TRULY are there for the music.... that is a party....

IMO, I repeat... In My Opinion..... (which means you can feel differently and it is OKAY) Merge is the kind of place that just eliminates all that rif-raf just by the way they promote it and handle business......

I could care less where I am, just give me a good beat, and spot on the dancefloor, and I am happy.... but I would also rather be in a not-so crowded-place than to deal with all juicy jerkoffs looking at how beautiful their fake muscles are, feeling the stubbles from there shaved selves prick you as the walk by... NO THANKS!!!!!! and , as unfortunate as it is, the facts are the Tempts has that kind of crowd.... it may be packed, but NO THANKS!!! you can keep it. that is why I don't go there to often, and that is why I don't bash it either...

I take the approach of "if you don't like it, don't go" and I think all of you should stop hatin' and do the same..... negativity is not needed, you wuill justy bring all those having a good time there down....

just my $.02 (I can't wait to read the replies to this one....)

Originally posted by saleen351

HOW COME NO ONE PRAISES XS BUT EVERYONE I SPEAK TOO INDCLUDING SOME OF YOUS SAY ITS BY FAR THE MOST PACKED IN SSH THIS SUMMER? WHATS UP WITH THAT... BRING DENNY TO XS JUST ONE WEDS NIGHT OR THRUSDAY AND BAM!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK THE SHORE WILL LOVE IT BIG TIME...

BY THE WAY A NEW VENUE IS MOVING INTO SSH NEXTS YEAR, THOUGH ITS NOT A CLUB IT WILL SURELY HURT SOME PLACES DOWN THERE....

GO JETS.....

firstly, I praised XS the other day and I've seen many people do the same this summer............

second, people don't bash on XS as much as ppl do on Merge so it's only natural ppl show their praise more for Merge in the process of defending it with their opinion...........

third, don't bring denny to XS because the two DJs they have are already ripping the place up..........Denny is doing his thing at Tempts..........although I think it would still be fun if he did come in.

you really hate Merge don't you? why? :)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tyco

firstly, I praised XS the other day and I've seen many people do the same this summer............

second, people don't bash on XS as much as ppl do on Merge so it's only natural ppl show their praise more for Merge in the process of defending it with their opinion...........

third, don't bring denny to XS because the two DJs they have are already ripping the place up..........Denny is doing his thing at Tempts..........although I think it would still be fun if he did come in.

you really hate Merge don't you? why? :)

i don't hate merge, i love XS thats been my home for years...

Originally posted by saleen351

i don't hate merge, i love XS thats been my home for years...

but it seems everytime there's something positive to say about Merge you down it or sidetrack it (like you did in this post)

the reason everyone was talking about Merge here is because the person who started the post bashed it............

I love XS too but it's independent of my opinions of Merge (which I also happen to love)

:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tyco

but it seems everytime there's something positive to say about Merge you down it or sidetrack it (like you did in this post)

the reason everyone was talking about Merge here is because the person who started the post bashed it............

I love XS too but it's independent of my opinions of Merge (which I also happen to love)

:D

hey a Corvette z06 is a sick car, but I love mustangs...........

get it..........?

Originally posted by lock16

you mean your old body can take that kind of abuse???? Impressive.....

I am going out Thus-Sun for your information..... My "old body" is in its prime as of late. After giving up weed for a rough 5 months (and its not easy) I have moved into the hard core drinking catagory with honors... So Lock, you shut up and dance and leave the Mahwah missionary alone...

See you Sat. KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID....

Buck Sucks...

Originally posted by thesandman

My "old body" is in its prime as of late. After giving up weed for a rough 5 months (and its not easy) I have moved into the hard core drinking catagory with honors

For someone who is known to pass out after drinking a sixer of wine coolers, you talk an awful big game......Bring it Old man Mahwah!!!!!!!

Originally posted by unclebuc

For someone who is known to pass out after drinking a sixer of wine coolers, you talk an awful big game......Bring it Old man Mahwah!!!!!!!

lol... keep it up, go flip some pancakes w/ a snow shovel...

Tommy, stay at Temps... take your shirt off and flex Jr.

Originally posted by tommytempts

Should I go to Merge or should I Buy a Mondo tape and listen to it in my basement?

Is there a diffrence?

Fuck all these clubs........I'm goin to Changes this weekend......I hear its slammin and they play this awsom remix of Clave Rox!

Ai poppy........

Originally posted by kostaP

A giant fuck you to everybody. All you people do is criticise and talk shit. You ever notice not one of you people ever said hey I had a good time here or there. NOBODY. Youre all abunch of little bitch ass pussies. I've been going to tempts for years -- loved it. This year I hit up Merge for the first time MDW IT WAS PACKED AND THE MUSIC WAS GREAT. and anybody that tries to dispute that fact you know youre wrong. I've gone back every weekend except for last since I was sick Richie has been ripping it up all summer. Between metro and merge he's probably the best dj so far this summer. Bold statement and I'm making it.

For the record I DO NOT WORK AT METRO OR MERGE.

Merge also happens to be almost double the size of Tempts and therefore takes more people to fill up.

I'll admit evrery week hasn't been as packed as MDW but it is no where near empty. It is more girls than guys and is a good looking crowd. I went to tempts twice this summer and walked out. Nothing but greasy sweaty guys. It was like a sausage party, although the girls that were there were pretty amazing.

Just my $0.02.

KOSTA P

Sorry Kosta but your facts are a little wrong. For the record I do work at Tempts and XS but I have nothing against Merge. I have a few good friends who work there and Petey and Jason seem like two pretty cool people. But Merge is nowhere near the size of Tempts. I worked in that building for 9 years as a bartender when it was Bermuda and maybe with the upstairs it is close but that is two different crowds. The hip-hop crowd does not really mingle downstairs. And as far as the people in there on a Saturday after Memorial day, it has been about 200 downstairs and about the same upstairs. This drama bullshit has to end. Merge has some great people there Tommy D., Angela, Tim, etc.. I understand you know your shit with clubs because I have some friends that worked for you at Image and they talk highly of you but these facts are false. Stop in XS on a Friday or Saturday and I will buy a shot, or Tempts. on a Sunday.

Keith

Originally posted by tommytempts

Should I go to Merge or should I Buy a Mondo tape and listen to it in my basement?

Is there a diffrence?

you should've refrained from using music as your basis for comparison in this situation for many reasons...........mostly because you apparently know nothing about it.

stick with what you know.........no offense.

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Amen to that.

As long as you are having fun at any one of the clubs down there, thats all that matters.

:D :D :D

Brian, I know you know my very good friend ceeotter down at Tempts. I have seen you mention on a few occassions how u go straight from Merge to Tempts on a Saturday because u don't like what you hear coming out of XS. Not for nothing but we all know you can't judge the music by what you hear walking by in 2 seconds. Not taking anything away from Denny because I think he is great and that is one of the reasons I enjoy working at Tempts on Sunday's because I finally get to spend a summer listening to him and as for Rydell I hear only great things about him also but never got the opportunity to judge for myself, but Baez has been fucking insane every night since Memorial Day. Stop in this Saturday and judge for yourself. I work upstairs by the balcony on Saturday's and will buy you a shot.

Keith

Originally posted by cody05

Brian, I know you know my very good friend ceeotter down at Tempts. I have seen you mention on a few occassions how u go straight from Merge to Tempts on a Saturday because u don't like what you hear coming out of XS. Not for nothing but we all know you can't judge the music by what you hear walking by in 2 seconds. Not taking anything away from Denny because I think he is great and that is one of the reasons I enjoy working at Tempts on Sunday's because I finally get to spend a summer listening to him and as for Rydell I hear only great things about him also but never got the opportunity to judge for myself, but Baez has been fucking insane every night since Memorial Day. Stop in this Saturday and judge for yourself. I work upstairs by the balcony on Saturday's and will buy you a shot.

Keith

yea Baez was really good this past Saturday..........really good.

Thats pretty funny. ...It seems to me that everyone seems to think that Merge is SLOWLEY EMERGING AS THE CLUB IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LAST YEAR! Not opening on mem.day. last year and having the wrong dj lineup ,for the shore,got us off to a slower start then EVERYONE thought that we would. As far as so far this year, we are EXTREAMLY happy with the year so far.Also keep in mind..........IT IS NOT A COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tempts and xs have been around a long time. We are happy to be the new kids on the block.Give it time , we are in no rush!WE DONT CARE ABOUT THE DRAMA!!!! The people that have been down the shore every weekend know how its been. It has been "decient" business wise, at ALL, i repeat ALL the clubs so far this summer.It has been incredible vibe,music, and energy wise at Merge EVERY weekend ( As i am sure it has been at the other clubs) .There is no arguing that.Thats what counts. As far as the club itself, i have worked at alot lot of clubs, and Merge is right at the top of all of them. If you are looking to knock something about Merge ( and the only people that would be doing that obviously have a "hidden "agenda) i guess the only thing you could knock is IF it wasnt full to capicity.You cant knock the club itself.............. INCREDIBLE LIGHTS , INCREDIBLE SOUND, INCREDIBLE DJS, AWSOME ,FRIENDLEY GOOD CROWD THAT IS INTO THE MUSIC..........AND HAVING FUN, & VERY FRIENDLEY STAFF!. Did you ever notice the only people on this board that knock things or say negitive things about a night or whatever, have associations (work ,people ,friends) from other clubs? People outside the industry dont care that much to sit down and post negitivity! May EVERY club in seaside have a great summer!

And"swollashell". You must be really bitter. After looking through your post.............here are the conclusions one may find.......

ACCORDING TO Swollashell...........

1-Denny sucks (HE DOES NOT, bY far the most well know dj to ever come out of jersey)

2-richie rydell sucks (HE DOES NOT, Holds down the most successful and consistent party in jersey at Metro Lounge 12 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR,Not only 3 months at the shore and has been destroying Merge every sat, come listen for yourself))

3. TemPts would be good if denny wasnt there (Really, and who should replace him? any suggestions?)

4.Merge choose the wrong resident djs this year(really, and who would have been better for the job, any "suggestions'?)

5. Richie rydell needs more "tempo control" (Hmmmmmmm, this line is screaming "i am a dj, i am a dj, i am a dj!!)

6. "ANDREW MENDEZ RIPPED IT at DJS" (hmmmmm, denny sucks, richie sucks, Merge choose the wrong resident dj THIS year, but the ONLY dj that ripped it was...................... Mendez?

I normally do not like to respond to drama ridden post, but this is just stupid.

STOP THE DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

George b.