Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge Is Slowly Going Down The Tubes

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ml2k1

ACCORDING TO Swollashell...........

1-Denny sucks (HE DOES NOT, bY far the most well know dj to ever come out of jersey)

2-richie rydell sucks (HE DOES NOT, Holds down the most successful and consistent party in jersey at Metro Lounge 12 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR,Not only 3 months at the shore and has been destroying Merge every sat, come listen for yourself))

3. TemPts would be good if denny wasnt there (Really, and who should replace him? any suggestions?)

4.Merge choose the wrong resident djs this year(really, and who would have been better for the job, any "suggestions'?)

5. Richie rydell needs more "tempo control" (Hmmmmmmm, this line is screaming "i am a dj, i am a dj, i am a dj!!)

6. "ANDREW MENDEZ RIPPED IT at DJS" (hmmmmm, denny sucks, richie sucks, Merge choose the wrong resident dj THIS year, but the ONLY dj that ripped it was...................... Mendez?

I normally do not like to respond to drama ridden post, but this is just stupid.

STOP THE DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

George b.

George.... well said.. see you Sat. night....

Originally posted by tyco

you should've refrained from using music as your basis for comparison in this situation for many reasons...........mostly because you apparently know nothing about it.

stick with what you know.........no offense.

Believe Me I know more about music than you could imagine......No Offense

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ml2k1

last year and having the wrong dj lineup ,for the shore,got us off to a slower start then EVERYONE And"swollashell". You must be really bitter. After looking through your post.............here are the conclusions one may find.......

2-richie rydell sucks (HE DOES NOT, Holds down the most successful and consistent party in jersey at Metro Lounge 12 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR,Not only 3 months at the shore and has been destroying Merge every sat, come listen for yourself))

4.Merge choose the wrong resident djs this year(really, and who would have been better for the job, any "suggestions'?)

6. "ANDREW MENDEZ RIPPED IT at DJS" (hmmmmm, denny sucks, richie sucks, Merge choose the wrong resident dj THIS year, but the ONLY dj that ripped it was...................... Mendez?

George b.

Lets start at the top shall we:

"having the wrong dj line up at the shore" WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU HAD BAEZ WHO IS NOW RIPPING UP THE SHORE AND PACKING THEM IN MORE THEN ANY CLUB.... NOW YOU HAVE TEO WHO HELD DOWN THE SAT SPOT AT XS AND IT WAS THEIR BEST YEAR EVER! SO LETS RECAP, BAEZ WAS WRONG FOR MERGE YET XS IS THE MOST PACKED CLUB WITH HIM. TEO PACKED IN XS YET NO ONE SHOWS FOR HIM AT MERGE...

MAYBE THE SALEEN IS RIGHT, ITS THE CLUB NOT THE DJ'S....

NEXT RYDELL DOES NOT HOLD DOWN THE MOST successful AND CONSISTENT PARTY FOR 12 MONTHS... EVERYONE WILL ATTEST THAT MANNY THE GREEK DOES, WHO BY THE WAY SMOKED RYDELL LAST YEAR AT THE SHORE ON FRIDAYS.

YOU FIRED MENDEZ WHO IS THE ONLY DJ TO PACK IN MERGE... WTF WERE YOU THINKING?

:confused:

XS DID IT RIGHT, CLUB WISE DJ WISE, STAFF WISE, SOUND WISE, SETUP WISE... MERGE AINT' WISE AT ALL.....

i'll take my slice at merge with extra sauce... thankyou, please drive threw...

Originally posted by saleen351

NEXT RYDELL DOES NOT HOLD DOWN THE MOST successful AND CONSISTENT PARTY FOR 12 MONTHS... EVERYONE WILL ATTEST THAT MANNY THE GREEK DOES, WHO BY THE WAY SMOKED RYDELL LAST YEAR AT THE SHORE ON FRIDAYS.

Rydell and the metro Friday party has been the most consistent party this year. Packed every week. Manny is a great DJ but their numbers were low during the winter that they had to close the dancefloor off. Im not knocking Abyss but the 2am hurt it big time. Now that Rydell is the Thursday resident at Metro, it has been good every week.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Rydell and the metro Friday party has been the most consistent party this year. Packed every week. Manny is a great DJ but their numbers were low during the winter that they had to close the dancefloor off. Im not knocking Abyss but the 2am hurt it big time. Now that Rydell is the Thursday resident at Metro, it has been good every week.

consistent and succeful is what he said, Manny has been doing it for 6 years (I think)... Just like any club or party it has its up and downs but there is no doubt wed at abyss is the longest most consistent party in NJ... Just cause his thrusday are hot now doesnt' mean he'll do them for 6 more years...

mlk, explain to me where I'm wrong I think I made a solid argument......

Saleen , im gonna have to get back to you on that one. .....I know everyone thinks i just do shots all night, but i do have some work to do:D . When are you coming to visit Merge? I think you would have a different outlook on it............George

Originally posted by tommytempts

Believe Me I know more about music than you could imagine......No Offense

from the comment you made it doesn't lead me to imagine much at all...........but I'll believe you............I'm not really sure why you would compare Mondo music and Rydell to be honest.........maybe you were just busting balls...........if so, then disregard what I said.

if you are serious, then I don't really understand what you mean...........explain.

Originally posted by tyco

from the comment you made it doesn't lead me to imagine much at all...........but I'll believe you............I'm not really sure why you would compare Mondo music and Rydell to be honest.........maybe you were just busting balls...........if so, then disregard what I said.

if you are serious, then I don't really understand what you mean...........explain.

What I said was just a dramatic comparison because Rydell make the Mondo tapes. I'm not saying Rydell is a bad dj, I just don't care for how he plays. I'll leave it at that.

Originally posted by tommytempts

What I said was just a dramatic comparison because Rydell make the Mondo tapes. I'm not saying Rydell is a bad dj, I just don't care for how he plays. I'll leave it at that.

understood...........that was my fault then........sorry.

Saleen.....Shut the hell up already.....Wednesday's at Abyss suck....Plain and Simple......They USED to be the best weekday party about three years ago......I went three weeks in a row and the place was dead.....Manny is a good dj.....All three times he was consistent and played well.....In my opinion, Abyss killed the insane vibe that place used to have when they did the renovations.

I've also been to Metro Thursday's a few times and each week it has gotten better and better.

Like I said before, I've been down the beach all but last weekend and Every club has been empty.....NONE of them have been packed with the exception of MDW, when they were all packed.

So lets all stop this shit already.....

If you don't like merge then don't go....

If you don't like Tempts, DON'T GO

if you don't like xs, DON'T GO

there is no need to be bashing clubs.....Go out where you want and have a kick ass time, write a review and lets us know how it was.......

Everyone has different taste in music, clubs, clothes, etc.....

So lets all stop the bullshit and gear up for another crazy weekend down the jersey shore!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Cody,

I believe I only said it once. I do realize I can not judge it by just passing by. One of these days, Ill try to come in and judge for myself.

you may have just said it once and I did not mean any harm just trying to get you to stop in for a shot and judge for yourself. (look me up if u do)

Keith

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by unclebuc

Saleen.....Shut the hell up already!!!

if you cant explain to me why i'm wrong then dont' respond.... i challenge anyone to tell me where i'm wrong...

if you cant explain to me why i'm wrong then dont' respond.... i challenge anyone to tell me where i'm wrong...

Your a hater.....People like you are killing the scene. Your always bashing the place but yet you haven't been there. You live in fucking Florida for christ's sake. So Shut the fuck up and go work on your tan or something.

YOU FIRED MENDEZ WHO IS THE ONLY DJ TO PACK IN MERGE... WTF WERE YOU THINKING?

:confused:

Wrong kid! Mendez was let go for exactly the reason that he was an INCONSISTENT DJ! That information comes courtesy of the stafff and management of Metro.

Originally posted by laraver

Wrong kid! Mendez was let go for exactly the reason that he was an INCONSISTENT DJ! That information comes courtesy of the stafff and management of Metro.

Chris,

are we starting drama again?? Remember what happened last time u started drama with one of my friends? If im not mistaken you started with Andrew and then Nicky and I served you an ass ripping on a full size platter. So stop with the Drama.

U coming by Metro tonight??

Originally posted by kostaP

Chris,

are we starting drama again?? Remember what happened last time u started drama with one of my friends? If im not mistaken you started with Andrew and then Nicky and I served you an ass ripping on a full size platter. So stop with the Drama.

U coming by Metro tonight??

There were not any non-factual statements made in my post, nor did I advocate that people should not come out to see any of your "friends" if they so choose, nor did I express any of my own observations of your "friends" or personal opinions.

So I guess the answer to your question would be , NO I am not starting any drama. Are you?

Chris Lewis AKA LA RAVER

There were not any non-factual statements made in my post, nor did I advocate that people should not come out to see any of your "friends" if they so choose, nor did I express any of my own observations of your "friends" or personal opinions.

So I guess the answer to your question would be , NO I am not starting any drama. Are you?

Chris Lewis AKA LA RAVER

You know me. Dramastarting king.

I like how you post your name now!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by unclebuc

Your a hater.....People like you are killing the scene. Your always bashing the place but yet you haven't been there. You live in fucking Florida for christ's sake. So Shut the fuck up and go work on your tan or something.

ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN'T CHALLENGE WHAT I WROTE, I PROVED WHAT OTHERS AND I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR A LONG TIME, ITS THE CLUB.. I'VE BEEN THERE A COUPLE TIMES... HATED IT.. I'LL STAY AT XS WITH THE OTTER AND CODY... NOT ONE PERSON CAN CHALLENGE ME ON WHAT I WROTE, NOT FUCKING ONE........ I WIN YOU LOOSE...........:blown:

Kosta - just remember that although you enjoy giving me a hard time you can't change the facts.

I am not saying anything negative about your friends, in fact I am not even referring to them.

What I am referring to is that you can't name any other NJ DJ who charted their mix CD in a national muisc industry related magazine ahead of Paul Van Dyk.

MPTA3, Charted in the number 2 slot, June 2000 issue of MIXER, mixed and compiled by DJ Chris Lewis

Paul Van Dyk, ranked 7 in that same chart.

Just the facts!

I don't post that much b/c of bullshit threads like this. I think everyone needs to shut the fuck up and go where you like and where you have a good time. I've been jumping around Jersey Shore clubs for then past 8yrs and can honestly say that I have a good time at any of them.

Too many immature bullshit fagits on this board and that is what kills it. AND by the way........NOTHING AT THE SHORE CAN COMPARE TO THE SURF CLUB ON SUNDAY AND THAT MY FRIENDS IS PURE AND SIMPLE FACT!:aright:

Once agian your wrong, thats your whole gimmick on this board isn't it..??? They left on mutual terms so get over your fetish w/ bad mouthing Andrew, I though by now you could book some gigs and stop being bitter???

On a odd note, I love your posts b/c you look way too deep into shit, learn how to enjoy yourself and not be so negative... some day that phone may ring and you can find some work instead of posting bashes on those who get the gigs you wish you had...

Its all good... .