Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merge Is Slowly Going Down The Tubes

ive been in the scene for a while now, some things that need to be said about both....

first off, i dont work for xs, merge, metro, temps or any of there competition.

merge is the largest of xs and temps......sorry guys, temps is tiny. takes a whole lot less to fill it then xs or merge needs. second, if you took the smallest crowd this year at merge and put it in temps, you would have a line out the door of temps for 2 blocks.

dj's- all good for all three. who's the best on sat? well that's easy- eddie baez- hands down. for many reasons too. denny and richie are 2 totally different dj's- its all about what you wanna hear...if you want the cutting edge tracks....richie gets the cake on this one. if you want the super popular track, even if its a year or two old, go hear denny. he does great work with accapella's, because he also is a good dj. but, what made richie what he is today is his ability to mix, program, and his energy. denny made his name solely on playing all the anthems, past and present. thats what made temps. thats why he plays relentless every week, because it makes you remember how things were back in the day. he's a good dj, who's gotten a lot better since his days at exit. but denny is the "jersey shore dj", and always will be. even if richie and eddie are better, temps will still get packed. but every one of us who has heard richie must say: he's a great dj. no one dj in seaside can compete with eddie, its just not going to happen. he's too good, and too well known. if merge didn't fuck up last year and opened when it was supposed to, and also didn't have there dress code that first night, things would be different this year. remember people, there was a lot of bullshit last year with merge opening, there dress code, the cover, and other shit that went along with all of it. so lets be honest people, there all good dj's, there all good clubs, so whats the drama all about? its about fun, so go where you want and leave everyone else alone. if your happy with your club, then thats fine, because the people that go to merge are happy with merge. as are the people of xs.

and by the way, merge was really good this past sat. with lasgo performing, even though i thought she was terrible live. but thats my opinion, im sure a lot of people loved it. by the way again, some of you are saying merge wont be around soon, well news flash, it will be! its not doing bad at all, you people who are trashing it just have nothing better to do. i saw a post that said " i went to merge many times last sat, between the hours of 12 and 3:30, and it was dead". do you think club planet is stupid? your an idiot for telling us that. if it was so fucking dead, why did you keep coming back? asshole

in closing, enjoy your club of choice. tell us all how good it was on monday instead of how bad you think everyone else's was.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by salgo

second, if you took the smallest crowd this year at merge and put it in temps, you would have a line out the door of temps for 2 blocks.

i stopped reading after you wrote that... you are an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blown:

. denny made his name solely on playing all the anthems, past and present. thats what made temps. thats why he plays relentless every week, because it makes you remember how things were back in the day. he's a good dj, who's gotten a lot better since his days at exit. but denny is the "jersey shore dj", and always will be.

Are you serious?

I don't understand why people like to say Denny plays all old songs just because he likes to mix some old songs in his sets for the crowd. Denny always plays new shit, lots a times he has songs that alot of other djs don't even have. I wish he would play Relentless every weekend, everyone says he does, but in reality he doesn't. And I think That everyone should not underestimate the capacity of Tempts, it holds alot more people than you think, not leagally of course.

Originally posted by laraver

Kosta let's try to keep it on a professional level ok? Based on what you described you're no stranger to being jerked around in the club scene, correct? You drop the personal attack shit and I will do the same. In the spirit of that idea you will find no personal attacks contained in this response.

As I have stated many times before my issue is not so much with particular individuals as it is with the small minded attitude that is so pervasive in NJ.

To sum the NJ attitude up it basically is this:

A) Oh your a DJ? Well we never heard of you so you must not be any good.

Most people in NJ never heard of Leon Alexander, Taylor, Sandra Collins, Timo Maas, John Kelley, Mark Lewis, Scott Henry and on and on. Does that mean that those people are no good?

B) We never heard of you, so you have to pay your dues first. (Said to me by a very well known NJ DJ who is associated with a radio station)

Whose dues do I have to pay and why am obligated to satisfy some one else's sense of whether or not I have been in the game long enough.

Beyond having played in major clubs on both coasts, being a founding member of the most exclusive record pool in LA, opening for and playing alongside some of the best DJs in the world and

having a $12,000 JBL/Crown sound system stolen from me and getting scammed out of another $6000 by a shady club owner I have paid my dues in spades.

C)You don't play like all the rest of the DJ's around here so you are not any good.

When I was coming up I never thought that the way to be a good DJ was by copying the guy down the street in the local club. The DJ's that really got my attention were David Morales, Frankie Knuckles, Tony Humphries. They did not play the usual and obvious tracks. Their mixing was fluid, but it was their track selection, their programming more than anything else was what set them apart. So when I started buying music what I selected was not based on hearing what some local jock played. I studied charts from top DJ's like Morales and Sasha. I went to the record store and spent 4-5 hours on a Saturday going through almost every new record in the store, every week.

The problem with too many NJ DJ's is that they thought it was better to be just like the guy down the street. So you end up with a situation where the majority of them sound just like each other and individuality gets crushed. Just ask a guy like Alex Coviello.

Oh by the way I guess you forgot the fact that I was resident in the ClubPlanet Lounge at the Roxxy Party for 4 months and opened up for Johnny Vicious on the main floor two different times. On top of that Johnny used one of my compilations to open up one night when he did not have an opener available.

But as always that stuff only happens because I am no good as a DJ.

Anyway I hope that for your sake you can back to work at a venue that is good match for you. When you do maybe you will decide to be more open minded than your actions were in the past.

It's your choice isn't it. You can be part of the status quo, or you can be an agent for change in the scene adding to it's diversity.

i WENT TO rOXY AND HEARD YOU spin in the cp suite. I told you I dont think you are a bad DJ. I have stated before I Liked a few of your cd's that I got. Jersey is a tough scene we try to emulate NYC with a twist. I never heard of Alex Coviello before Metro,and I haven't heard anything about him till this past weekend. Jersey has always been for the most part very commercial and is starting more so now than every to break into the underground. The tracks you hear in clubs in a month or two they are on KTU. then according to Jersey it is cheesy and played out, this is a vicious ongoing cycle that will never stop. Many Jersey club owners and managers (including myself) don't really like to take a chance and explore because if it doesnt work you get an instant bad reputation for your venue and then it costs you double trying to get back up. Its all about $$$. WHat ever works brings people in and pays the BIL$$. You dont see too many people willing to try different things. Look at riverstreet for example, The owner got pissed for booking Denny, Manny, Jana, Tina ann, Andrea brown, etc. People like a variety and change there fore I did what the people wanted and got fucked for it. The club made more money at the door in admisssion and much more money at the bar but the little bit more he had to shell out in expenses wasn't in his mind a smart business move. IMO if you could spend $5000 and make $10000 its a good move. but he saw $10000 minus $5000 is only $5000 not 10. but without the guests and so on there would be no 10 there would only be 2 or 3. Understand my point. (im just using easy figures)

And as far as the Kinetic DJ's you mentioned when I was at Image I spoke with a few people from Kinetic first off they never return phone calls unless your a NY venue or hold more than 5000ppl. You have to happen to catch them at a free moment when they are in the office. Then they give you a bullshit story about "oh, Jersey, well, I dont know we have to think about it."

Im tired of typing, Later Chris,

Kosta P.

I totally respect the way you responded. I understand that a lot of owners are very small minded.

That is just the facts of the current NJ scene.

I hope that wherever you land next that the owner will give you a little more lattitude.

Here is some food for thought:

If you book DJ X, and it costs you $5000 to book them (vs say $500 for a local well known DJ), and your increased cover and drink revenue gives you a net profit that is equal to what you would have made with the local guy, I say you are better off booking DJX.

The reason for this is that you elevate the satus of your venue through that type of booking policy. You gain national/international exposure for the venue.

Just look at what John Debo did with one night in Boston at Axis. Axis is no bigger than Sandbar, maybe slightly larger than Metro. Debo started out by booking high profile talent for a "music first" kind of night. After establishing a level of trust with his clientele he was able to book less exepnsive up and comers and still pack them in.

Anyway just something to think about. Good luck with the job search.

ive been in the scene for a while now, some things that need to be said about both....

first off, i dont work for xs, merge, metro, temps or any of there competition.

merge is the largest of xs and temps......sorry guys, temps is tiny. takes a whole lot less to fill it then xs or merge needs. second, if you took the smallest crowd this year at merge and put it in temps, you would have a line out the door of temps for 2

Did you not read my earlier post where I corrected Kosta, Merge is nowhere near the size of Tempts. I don't mean to be offenseve but if you don't know what you are talking about you are better off not saying anything at all. Everyone understand!!!!

sorry guys and gals, i made two large mistakes, and here are the corrections:

merge is larger than temps and holds more people, with the addition of the upstairs of merge.

also: xs is the largest of the three clubs.

sorry for the mistakes, i should have proofread before i entered the post.

i exaggerated how much larger merge is than temps. its not much larger, but it is larger. im just a little pissed how everyone can make the accusations they do without even thinking. its all about fun!

Originally posted by cody05

Sorry Kosta but your facts are a little wrong. For the record I do work at Tempts and XS but I have nothing against Merge. I have a few good friends who work there and Petey and Jason seem like two pretty cool people. But Merge is nowhere near the size of Tempts. I worked in that building for 9 years as a bartender when it was Bermuda and maybe with the upstairs it is close but that is two different crowds. The hip-hop crowd does not really mingle downstairs. And as far as the people in there on a Saturday after Memorial day, it has been about 200 downstairs and about the same upstairs. This drama bullshit has to end. Merge has some great people there Tommy D., Angela, Tim, etc.. I understand you know your shit with clubs because I have some friends that worked for you at Image and they talk highly of you but these facts are false. Stop in XS on a Friday or Saturday and I will buy a shot, or Tempts. on a Sunday.

Keith

Why are we stuck on this size issue. (who ever said size doesnt matter!!!) I respect your post and it was put in a very diplomatic manner. I know for a fact the square footage of merge is much more than the square footage of Tempts. with the upstairs it is a little shy of double. I ahve received Private messages on this topic and even public forum convs just like this, If you don't beleive me I will call the building department in SeaSide Heights and find out the exact for both. I don't dislike Tempts or Denny as a matter of fact I have been a tempts regular every summer for the past few years. I only went went Denny was spinning because I think hes a great DJ. I went to merge for the first time this summer even though I have known Petey and his family for years, and I had an unbeleivable time there. I have been back every weekend except for last week due to my being sick. Beleive it or not i have never been to XS, yet Nicole who is a good friend of mine and I love dearly works there. I'll stop by this weekend and see you and her.

Kosta (size doesn't matter) P.

there is so much shit that needs to be set straight. a couple of people on here are on point....most are not. baez is the best and most well known dj at the shore this summer. richie santana is also one of the best down the shore. as for denny, he's perfect for temps and there crowd....hands down. santana or baez would find it hard to make them happy. but they both would, because there good dj's and the read a crowd well. i am not a fan of denny, teo t, or santana. but i give them the respect they deserve. and also, i never said denny plays ALL old shit, i said he brings back songs that are old. i never said his whole night is from 3 years ago. so read more closely. he does mix it up. but he plays the most old tracks out of all the dj's in seaside. thats a fact. as for him having tracks no one else does, thats not true. i know him and who he gets it from. baez, santana, and rydel are pretty closely tied with denny. they all get the same shit just as fast as the other. the reason the radio is getting things faster is because of ceasar getting the hex and desrock stuff and not waiting long enough- SLOW DOWN CEASAR, GIVE IT SOME TIME FOR AIRPLAY IN THE CLUBS. STOP TRYING TO BE THE MAN SO BAD. as for coviello, he's a great dj, but he's not really a dj anymore, atleast he's focusing his attention on production. anyway, i gotta run, any questions let me know....ill be happy to answer them

Originally posted by kostaP

Why are we stuck on this size issue. (who ever said size doesnt matter!!!) I respect your post and it was put in a very diplomatic manner. I know for a fact the square footage of merge is much more than the square footage of Tempts. with the upstairs it is a little shy of double. I ahve received Private messages on this topic and even public forum convs just like this, If you don't beleive me I will call the building department in SeaSide Heights and find out the exact for both. I don't dislike Tempts or Denny as a matter of fact I have been a tempts regular every summer for the past few years. I only went went Denny was spinning because I think hes a great DJ. I went to merge for the first time this summer even though I have known Petey and his family for years, and I had an unbeleivable time there. I have been back every weekend except for last week due to my being sick. Beleive it or not i have never been to XS, yet Nicole who is a good friend of mine and I love dearly works there. I'll stop by this weekend and see you and her.

Kosta (size doesn't matter) P.

Understand me here Kosta, I mean no disrespect towards you what so ever and I can care less which club is bigger. I was just simply correcting you people who are wrong. Even with the upstairs Merge is not as big as Temptations and you can forget about a little shy of double. This is a fact... It was you and these other people who were saying that Merge is bigger therefore it takes more people to fill it. If you notice from any of my other posts I never talk about something unless I am sure about what I am saying. If you want to waste your time calling the building department for this you can but you will only find out that I am right. Lets all have a good summer.

Peace,

Keith

Originally posted by cody05

Understand me here Kosta, I mean no disrespect towards you what so ever and I can care less which club is bigger. I was just simply correcting you people who are wrong. Even with the upstairs Merge is not as big as Temptations and you can forget about a little shy of double. This is a fact... It was you and these other people who were saying that Merge is bigger therefore it takes more people to fill it. If you notice from any of my other posts I never talk about something unless I am sure about what I am saying. If you want to waste your time calling the building department for this you can but you will only find out that I am right. Lets all have a good summer.

Peace,

Keith

How long will this go on for. I am actually going to call tomorrow to end this shit. What ever they say will be posted. I truly beleive what I posted therefore I am sick of people sending me PM's that work at Tempts or whose friends work there to tell me otherwise. If I am wrong I am wrong I am a man and will admit it and drinks are on me however, if I'm right, youre buying drinks all night. I'll be by on Saturday to collect or pay up! (answer pending) Take care.\

Kosta P.

there is so much shit that needs to be set straight. a couple of people on here are on point....most are not. baez is the best and most well known dj at the shore this summer. richie santana is also one of the best down the shore. as for denny, he's perfect for temps and there crowd....hands down. santana or baez would find it hard to make them happy. but they both would, because there good dj's and the read a crowd well. i am not a fan of denny, teo t, or santana. but i give them the respect they deserve. and also, i never said denny plays ALL old shit, i said he brings back songs that are old. i never said his whole night is from 3 years ago. so read more closely. he does mix it up. but he plays the most old tracks out of all the dj's in seaside. thats a fact. as for him having tracks no one else does, thats not true. i know him and who he gets it from. baez, santana, and rydel are pretty closely tied with denny. they all get the same shit just as fast as the other. the reason the radio is getting things faster is because of ceasar getting the hex and desrock stuff and not waiting long enough- SLOW DOWN CEASAR, GIVE IT SOME TIME FOR AIRPLAY IN THE CLUBS. STOP TRYING TO BE THE MAN SO BAD. as for coviello, he's a great dj, but he's not really a dj anymore, atleast he's focusing his attention on production. anyway, i gotta run, any questions let me know....ill be happy to answer them

IT AMAZES ME HOW EVERYONE LIKES TO PRAISE EVERY DJ DOWN THE SHORE BUT DENNY TSETTOS. IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT EVERYONE IS EXTREMELY THREATENED BY TEMPTATIONS OR ELSE THERE WOULD BE NO NEED TO OVER PROMOTE MERGE. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST MERGE OR IT'S DJS, EMPLOYEES, FOLLOWERS, ETC. BUT COME ON, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING YOURSELVES.

TEMPTS IS LIKE NO OTHER CLUB IN NEW JERSEY, IT HAS A CROWD AND FOLLOWING THAT ANY DJ WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AND PLAY FOR, AND ENERGY LIKE NO OTHER. TO COMPARE SANTANA AND RYDELL TO TSETTOS IS INSANE, THERE BOTH GOOD DJS, BUT NIETHER HAVE ACOMPLISHED OR REACH THE LEVEL AT WHICH DENNY IS AT, NOR HAVE THEY THE FOLLOWING OF DENNY OR HAVE HAD THE RESIDENCYS AT WHICH HE HAS PLAYED. LET'S NOT START TO COMPARE HUNKA BUNKA AND METRO TO PLACES LIKE CARBON, EXIT, WORLD ETC.

YOU GUYS ARE THE ONES LOOKING TO PROVE YOURSEVES, SO LETS START WITH BEING HONEST AND FAIR.

Originally posted by tommytempts

IT AMAZES ME HOW EVERYONE LIKES TO PRAISE EVERY DJ DOWN THE SHORE BUT DENNY TSETTOS. IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT EVERYONE IS EXTREMELY THREATENED BY TEMPTATIONS OR ELSE THERE WOULD BE NO NEED TO OVER PROMOTE MERGE. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST MERGE OR IT'S DJS, EMPLOYEES, FOLLOWERS, ETC. BUT COME ON, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING YOURSELVES.

TEMPTS IS LIKE NO OTHER CLUB IN NEW JERSEY, IT HAS A CROWD AND FOLLOWING THAT ANY DJ WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AND PLAY FOR, AND ENERGY LIKE NO OTHER. TO COMPARE SANTANA AND RYDELL TO TSETTOS IS INSANE, THERE BOTH GOOD DJS, BUT NIETHER HAVE ACOMPLISHED OR REACH THE LEVEL AT WHICH DENNY IS AT, NOR HAVE THEY THE FOLLOWING OF DENNY OR HAVE HAD THE RESIDENCYS AT WHICH HE HAS PLAYED. LET'S NOT START TO COMPARE HUNKA BUNKA AND METRO TO PLACES LIKE CARBON, EXIT, WORLD ETC.

YOU GUYS ARE THE ONES LOOKING TO PROVE YOURSEVES, SO LETS START WITH BEING HONEST AND FAIR.

Not that I have to explain myself or prove anything, BUT,

I have been going to tempts for years, Love it there, I like Denny and His music and style of playing. I have never badmouthed him or Tempts. I consider Denny a friend. This size thing got carried away. I received numerous pm's about a comment I made which I truly beleive to be factual. I am being attacked over something stupid. I will not say the names of the people but iwas a handful. I will square this away for the reason that I did not like what was PM'ed to me. It was not said in a public forum but some of them were not too polite therefore, If I am wrong, I am wrong, But If I'm right, these people will know.

Kosta Building official P

hate to break it to you......santana is at exit....denny is not. they never renewed his contract when eddie left. they are two different dj's, and they are not to be compared. both are very good, end of story.

hate to break it to you......santana is at exit....denny is not. they never renewed his contract when eddie left. they are two different dj's, and they are not to be compared. both are very good, end of story.

FIRST OF ALL GET YOUR BULLSHIT STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST, AND YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STARTED COMPARING.......

and what bullshit are you referring too? i wasn't comparing dj's at all. i simply think that each of these dj's has there own place in seaside. i was one of the people who said stop comparing dj's. my "shit" is straight as an arrow. i know all the dj's in question. denny's been on the scene for a while now. so has baez, santana, and the others. the newest is rydell. and he's probably the fastest growing besides eddie baez ( back in the day baez, oh yes, the tunnel days). when baez left exit, no one there asked denny if he wanted to stay. he belongs at temps.

Here's an Idea GO TO THE PLACE YOU LIKE!!!!! What ever place it is go there and have a good time.

This is fucking crazy we have some people on here that are job hunting in their own round about way, then we have some asshole thats telling us about his sources from 1200 milres away.

You know what Saleen your a fucking moron, the sun must be melting your brain.

My partner and I run Security at both Tempts and XS and I have friends at Merge. Every Club has been average all summer, nothing has been packed!!! Its been a very average start for everybody.

Plus, You think you have some kind of influence with the Management and owners of Tempts and XS, well guess what YOU DON"T YOU ARE A RAGING JERK_OFF THAT HAS MADE NO FRIENDS IN FLORIDA SO YOU SIT AT HOME ON YOUR COMPUTER AND WISH YOU HAD SOME PURPOSE.

I really wish you the worst in life and hope you catch a bad case of GENITAL WARTS!!!

love,

MURRAY

Originally posted by bigmurray

My partner and I run Security at both Tempts and XS and I have friends at Merge. Every Club has been average all summer, nothing has been packed!!! Its been a very average start for everybody.

Plus, You think you have some kind of influence with the Management and owners of Tempts and XS, well guess what YOU DON"T YOU ARE A RAGING JERK_OFF THAT HAS MADE NO FRIENDS IN FLORIDA SO YOU SIT AT HOME ON YOUR COMPUTER AND WISH YOU HAD SOME PURPOSE.

I really wish you the worst in life and hope you catch a bad case of GENITAL WARTS!!!

love,

MURRAY

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And this is the ReaL DEAL.... GET A FUCKING LIFE YOU FAT BALD PUSSY.

Hide behind your screen name, you fuckin fag. oh Fat and bald never heard those before, thats very origina. Heres an idea why don't you tell me who you really are, you piece of shit!! Then I can ass rape you like the little bitch fag that you are, and if your lucky I'll give you a nice milky mustache

Hide behind your screen name, you fuckin fag. oh Fat and bald never heard those before, thats very origina. Heres an idea why don't you tell me who you really are, you piece of shit!! Then I can ass rape you like the little bitch fag that you are, and if your lucky I'll give you a nice milky mustache

I'm talking about Saleen, Not YOU. Fat and Bald Loser was refering to Saleen......

Big Murray - sorry for the confusion. Everyone hates Saleen, I just thought that was implied.

brian you are too funny.