Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Found a few places...

merkie

Originally posted by merkie

on the Internet.

Please give all criticisms and promos for these clubs/bars/lounges.

Club 5

Chelsea's

Alcatraz

Badlands

Barnun

2:K:9

The Cage

18th Street Lounge

Red

yeah it COMPLETELY depends on what your looking for

if you're looking for a nice, comfy lounge, i would try ESL (18th st lounge). they've always got house in the loungey sense, i know they've got a special event going on tonight that i was supposed to go to but cant anymore.

if you're loooking for a more underground true house music place, try red. it's around the corner from ESL. almost any night of the week is good, but sundays w/ sam the man burns are supposed to be killer. unfortunately i have yet to make it out there.

modern on thurs and sundays w/ buster are just a lot of fun. also a comfy, couchy lounge place. thurs's are more busy, sun's are more chill.

5 = more of a club feel. i'm no longer a fan of the place, but it's ok.

the others on your list...i've heard horrible things about badlands. i've heard of some of the others but havent been.

if you just go to the area of connecticut suoth of dupont circle, you're golden. there's dragonfly (sushi bar/lounge w/ house music), ESL, 5, red, andalu, murali's - it's all there.

hope that helps!

Originally posted by merkie

on the Internet.

Please give all criticisms and promos for these clubs/bars/lounges.

Club 5

Chelsea's

Alcatraz

Badlands

Barnun

2:K:9

The Cage

18th Street Lounge

Red

where's Vic with that lemurgene thing whe you need him.......

We already told you about 18th st., I'm sure you've heard about 5 and Red. Barnun is basically your typical bar, 2:k:9 is ghetto, badlands might be gay(ask vic), alcatraz is in cali, I think they shut it down awhile ago. Chelsea's I've heard of never been, same with the cage........:idea: Go to www.washingtonpost.com check the entertainment section......

My .02:

Club 5 - hip hop on Fridays; M3 house parties on Saturdays. This is a club that I used to frequent, but haven't been to in a while - since they changed the venue. Not really my crowd. Lots of college kids and wannabes - IMO.

Chelsea's - dunno

Alcatraz - dunno

Badlands - gay and fun if you like sweaty men and drag queens! They have a karoake room that is very entertaining.

Barnun - dunno

2:K:9 - dunno - but heard it was really young

The Cage - Did the Cage move? Because it is no longer on 14th street. I haven't been to it since it moved - if it is still in existence.

18th Street Lounge - uppity, cramped, expensive - IMO.

Red - small, but great house music and vibe.

Originally posted by pgiddy

where's Vic with that lemurgene thing whe you need him.......

im not their bitch anymore..

anyway, i agree with what malanee says, i would only add to 5. its OK, but the deep house talent that they are bringing there is top notch, mark farina, tony humphries, little louie vega..so if you like deep house, i would definitly go there on saturdays, although the crowd is a mix between the young college crowd and more grown up..with 75% of them not knowing who the hell is spinning. if i could endure 5 hrs of deep house i would go there regardless.

badlands? ask shady and zag.

Originally posted by vicman

im not their bitch anymore..

anyway, i agree with what malanee says, i would only add to 5. its OK, but the deep house talent that they are bringing there is top notch, mark farina, tony humphries, little louie vega..so if you like deep house, i would definitly go there on saturdays, although the crowd is a mix between the young college crowd and more grown up..with 75% of them not knowing who the hell is spinning. if i could endure 5 hrs of deep house i would go there regardless.

badlands? ask shady and zag.

You need to get back to kissing ass again

My 2 mill............

I'll go to any of those "uppity/snooty" places with you!!!!

I wanna try them out and see what makes them SO bad or well undesirable... and I don't mind dressing up to head out.

I like going to 1223 every now and then. I was at 18th Street lounge once and liked it - wonder if it's changed. Sometimes you just have to go and enjoy the finer things in life..... :D

Besides when I ask for a tanq 10 and tonic I'm not going to get the :confused: look. Or a Patron... or any of those other expensive drinks that are def. fun to have every now and then.

I know some of the people on this board don't like to go to these places - so I'm saying I'll go - that was my .02

Originally posted by sauvee88

My 2 mill............

I'll go to any of those "uppity/snooty" places with you!!!!

I wanna try them out and see what makes them SO bad or well undesirable... and I don't mind dressing up to head out.

I like going to 1223 every now and then. I was at 18th Street lounge once and liked it - wonder if it's changed. Sometimes you just have to go and enjoy the finer things in life..... :D

Besides when I ask for a tanq 10 and tonic I'm not going to get the :confused: look. Or a Patron... or any of those other expensive drinks that are def. fun to have every now and then.

I know some of the people on this board don't like to go to these places - so I'm saying I'll go - that was my .02

sauvee also knows of reputable establishments around silver spring

Thanks for your help. We are into house, prog, trance music. We like the club scene, lounge scene, etc. I guess it depends on what mood we are in when we go out. The only places we have been are Buzz (many times) and Glow (once). We were not really impressed with the crowd at Glow and it was soooo cold when we were there.

But I would not mind going there again.

Anyway, we have dynamic interests and are always up for something new.

We are tired of the college crowd. We get enough of that in Baltimore and are trying to avoid it. It was fun when we were under age and getting into places, but now we have grown out of that and can't find a refuge in Baltimore. We did find a cool spot call Red Maple...dunno if anyone has ever been, but it is very NY lounge. Some uppity people, but overall a cool scene for a change. Don't think I could go there on a regular basis.

Nothing is wrong with snooty places if you like:

overpriced drinks

people who aren't interested in music but are there to be seen

dressing up

I actually like Dragonfly for people watching and it is a very cool set up.

That's why Modern is so cool, though. It is a phat lounge w/ good music and even though people dress up - nobody is snooty. The drinks ARE expensive, though! :-P

I guess I lean to more casual environments. But I'm not totally against dress up places!

Originally posted by malanee

Nothing is wrong with snooty places if you like:

overpriced drinks

people who aren't interested in music but are there to be seen

dressing up

I guess I lean to more casual environments.

But I'm not totally against dress up places!

Seems like youa re against those places though? Whats that saying, variety is the spice of life, ughh actually I hate those sayings:blown:

with melanee. I like to dress up occassionally, but I enjoy going out on the weekends in my favorite pair of jeans. I have to dress up for work all week...my boss does not believe in casual Fridays:mad:

So when I go out to relax on the weekends I like to be comfortable. That is why we like buzz...pretty much anything goes.

I also am not into the snooty scene. I hate having people look down their nose at me. I hate when people act like they are better than everyone else, when in fact they are just posing with their armani exhange shirt or fur coat:vomit2:

I think that's why I like Blue Room (at least upstairs, never hung out downstairs). It's got great people watching, good music, cross between lounge/club but doesn't have major attitude. It even has expensive drinks if you're into that kind of thing! Don't think I've ever had a bad time there.

Originally posted by pgiddy

Seems like youa re against those places though? Whats that saying, variety is the spice of life, ughh actually I hate those sayings:blown:

pgiddy, a pair of khakhis and a baseball cap does not constitute "dressing up"...for a fashion emergency consult zaguero

There's the Chi-Cha lounge on U Street and 17th. It's right in front of the police station. It's a really nice lounge, IMO it's better than ESL cuz it's less flair and more intimate. Good music, drinks are a bit pricy but the door is not as strict as at ESL.