Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Elbow Room

nyis4meatheads

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this. My friend Devon is recently single and has just re-started dating. This is the e-mail I got from him this morning:

"Yeah so I am going on this blind date tonight and the girl picked the Elbow Room to grab drinks at. So, what I think you should do is go there around the same time I will be there ~7:30-8 and drink. If the girl is bunk and the date sucks I will give you a sign, when you get it you are going to come over to me and be really wasted and ruin the date for me. You are going to yell profanities and ask about all the broads that I have been banging behind my steady girlfriends back. You are also going to make fun of the girl for me. Sound good?"

I'm going to sit at the bar of the Elbow Room, tell the bartender exactly what's going on and watch things fall into place. I can't see how this won't be fun.

Girls, when your mothers warned you about men, this is what they were talking about!

OMG that is awesome... always have to have an out on a blind date!! LOL one time when I went on one we met at a mutual spot and went to dinner after dinner I drove him back to his car and told him I had to help my mother go chair shopping:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by progjourney

Chair shopping... that's hillarious... I wonder if he went home and :blown: himself after that excuse?

Let's start a new thread : "Excuses to end or get out of a date" I'm dying to see the replies to that one.

omg no he didn't get it!!! LOL!!! He called me (mind you right after I left him :mad: ) and told me how much fun he had etc.. then he called me again the following week wanting to go out again... I blew him off and never heard from him again.. then one day me and Jessica were out at a bar and she was like hey isn't that, that kid I looked at him.. he waived at me and I just laughed in his face... think he got it then:confused: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by vikkii123

omg no he didn't get it!!! LOL!!! He called me (mind you right after I left him :mad: ) and told me how much fun he had etc.. then he called me again the following week wanting to go out again... I blew him off and never heard from him again.. then one day me and Jessica were out at a bar and she was like hey isn't that, that kid I looked at him.. he waived at me and I just laughed in his face... think he got it then:confused: :laugh: :laugh:

What type of person after getting a "thank you but please don't call me" excuse decides to call right after you leave your date? Isn't there a 2-3 day rule anyway?? :confused: Poor guy.

Originally posted by progjourney

What type of person after getting a "thank you but please don't call me" excuse decides to call right after you leave your date? Isn't there a 2-3 day rule anyway?? :confused: Poor guy.

Yes 3 day rule ;) You never call right after the first date..never... lol

There's rules ?

I want to check this elbow room place out...sounds like my kind of bar.

Hey meatbrain, why don't you buy me a welcome to the neighborhood pint or something.

I think my deck overlooks your apartment building.

:box:

Originally posted by vikkii123

After your first post I was going to say the same thing because I remember this too!!

Originally posted by teamj5

There's rules ?

I want to check this elbow room place out...sounds like my kind of bar.

Hey meatbrain, why don't you buy me a welcome to the neighborhood pint or something.

I think my deck overlooks your apartment building.

:box:

The Elbow room is hands down my favorite bar in Boston now. It's got everything going for it, good drinks, VERY nice space, good staff, and the most upscale patrons you'll EVER see in ghetto-ass-Allston! :)

teamjmike, I'd be happy to buy you a welcome-to-the-barrio pint. If you're lucky I'll tell you the in's-and-out's of Allston. Tip #1 - lock your door! :tongue:

If your deck overlooks my apartment building then I feel bad for your deck :tongue: How's the new place anyway?

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

The Elbow room is hands down my favorite bar in Boston now. It's got everything going for it, good drinks, VERY nice space, good staff, and the most upscale patrons you'll EVER see in ghetto-ass-Allston! :)

teamjmike, I'd be happy to buy you a welcome-to-the-barrio pint. If you're lucky I'll tell you the in's-and-out's of Allston. Tip #1 - lock your door! :tongue:

If your deck overlooks my apartment building then I feel bad for your deck :tongue: How's the new place anyway?

Does this mean I am going to have to make a trek to Alston to check out ankle room?

Originally posted by kaydup

Does this mean I am going to have to make a trek to Alston to check out ankle room?

Yes it does you ankle-grabber.

I assure you, you won't be disappointed with the Elbow Room. Their martini's are TO DIE FOR (and only 6 or 7 bucks for top-shelf vodka/gin).

That settles it, I'm going to the Elbow Room tonight! I've got a hankering for some high-quality socializin' :cool:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Yes it does you ankle-grabber.

I assure you, you won't be disappointed with the Elbow Room. Their martini's are TO DIE FOR (and only 6 or 7 bucks for top-shelf vodka/gin).

That settles it, I'm going to the Elbow Room tonight! I've got a hankering for some high-quality socializin' :cool:

I will have to join you at the anal room maybe next week