Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You know what's so hard to do...

georgym

forcing yourself not to call someone because it's either too soon to speak, or you need to show them that you have a life too:(

Anyone else ever feel this longing to call someone up, but instead use that other side of your brain that says "no, b/c you already talked yesterday and you need time to chill" ?

i do that alot lately. in fact i just did it yesterday. actually i even cancelled plans for yesterday and then didnt make the phone call all day cuz i thought i need to just "lay off" for a while. sometimes i feel real uncomfortable talkin to a certain someone and feel that that person doesnt really wanna talk to me anyway. :(

Awww, Papa Smurf... yeah sometimes it's harder to NOT do certain things... Staying from someone when all you really wanna do is pull them close is the worst... Holding your emotions back is... a.... b...i...t...c...h...

Sowwy hon. Time is the only thing that will help... :(

Yeah I hate that. Especially when you know what the response will be, but deep down there's a part of you that still wants to call, just in case it'll be different this time.

It won't.

Don't call.

Time heals all wounds.

:)

(but please don't think of it as a "game"... sorry rdancer... I think it's much healthier to think of it as "self-preservation")

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i do that alot lately. in fact i just did it yesterday. actually i even cancelled plans for yesterday and then didnt make the phone call all day cuz i thought i need to just "lay off" for a while. sometimes i feel real uncomfortable talkin to a certain someone and feel that that person doesnt really wanna talk to me anyway. :(

Have you thought that maybe that other person is feeling the same way about you? And maybe they want you to call, or maybe they want to call you but don't cause they are feeling the exact same way? The human brain fucks me up, cause you just never know what the other person wants. Half the time I don't even know what I want.

Originally posted by gmccookny

forcing yourself not to call someone because it's either too soon to speak, or you need to show them that you have a life too:(

Anyone else ever feel this longing to call someone up, but instead use that other side of your brain that says "no, b/c you already talked yesterday and you need time to chill" ?

going thru the same shit right now. yeah i totally know how you feel. especially hard when you are used to talking to them at least once or twice a day -- accustomed to knowing everything that goes on in their daily life and now you are kinda just in the dark :(

i feel ya its supposed to get easier.. i am sure of it :blank:

i thought i need to just "lay off" for a while. sometimes i feel real uncomfortable talkin to a certain someone and feel that that person doesnt really wanna talk to me anyway

Let me cry on your shoulder this saturday at vinyl, and u can cry on mine :cry::tongue:

But i know what you're saying man...if you get those vibes, then you have no choice but to let it be for a bit. But if the other person is feeling it, they will respond in due time, im sure ;)

Awww, Papa Smurf... yeah sometimes it's harder to NOT do certain things... Staying from someone when all you really wanna do is pull them close is the worst... Holding your emotions back is... a.... b...i...t...c...h...

Sowwy hon. Time is the only thing that will help...

so true, tastyt. I guess that's a sign of maturity on my part though, right? like, i really wanted to call someone last night, but felt it would be better to let the situation breath a bit. That's tough, though, kinda like letting your dog go, and hoping he (or she) will come back to their master. But i have faith ;)

(but please don't think of it as a "game"... sorry rdancer... I think it's much healthier to think of it as "self-preservation")

good call, rack :aright:

going thru the same shit right now. yeah i totally know how you feel. especially hard when you are used to talking to them at least once or twice a day -- accustomed to knowing everything that goes on in their daily life and now you are kinda just in the dark

yeah, nycchic, it's tough. But i'm working on filling my life with other things lately, like goin to the gym, new hobbies, and simply keeping busy. That way, the other person will miss you more, and you will have more to talk about once u guys *do* get back together.

And gargamel: not only talking about 1st encounters with people, but also people you've been with for some time.

And NO, smurfette is busy tonight, she can't see you :tongue:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Let me cry on your shoulder this saturday at vinyl, and u can cry on mine :cry::tongue:

But i know what you're saying man...if you get those vibes, then you have no choice but to let it be for a bit. But if the other person is feeling it, they will respond in due time, im sure ;)

we'll have the crying corner at vinyl. anyone who needs to get shit off their mind is invited. lol. if a bangin track comes on though ima stop payin attn to wutever u ppl are bitchin bout cuz the music is wut its all about! :tongue:

Originally posted by therunner

Have you thought that maybe that other person is feeling the same way about you? And maybe they want you to call, or maybe they want to call you but don't cause they are feeling the exact same way? The human brain fucks me up, cause you just never know what the other person wants. Half the time I don't even know what I want.

i think about that shit all the time. and i just dont know. i hope so, but i get the feeling that its just kinda one-sided. i would love to know wut the other person is thinking and how that person really feels.

yup...its all part of the game:rolleyes:, which I personally hate:mad:

In this day and age though, you either play it or you get played. I just use my judgement, sometimes you just can't hold back when you're not "supposed to" and imo thats ok...sometimes;)

Guest jroo

ah dont worry about it man. i know it sucks, one day everything will just fall into place, i highly recommend the movie SWINGERS go check it out. and if you're like 30 and everything hasnt fallen into place yet, then get ripped, go join the army and kill the bad guy. per chance to be shot at and killed. and yes ive been prescribed prozac.

Guest jroo

speaking of which, if you arent opposed to helping yourself through mediciene, then i highly recommond an anti-depressant that is right for you. nothing helps you to get out of your rut better, it also helps you focus on you, and what makes you happy, instead of worrying about that chick. you actually begin to tell her off when she gets out of line. oh shit, i am way off subject here. sorry.

Originally posted by jroo

speaking of which, if you arent opposed to helping yourself through mediciene, then i highly recommond an anti-depressant that is right for you. nothing helps you to get out of your rut better, it also helps you focus on you, and what makes you happy, instead of worrying about that chick. you actually begin to tell her off when she gets out of line. oh shit, i am way off subject here. sorry.

I have to disagree here. I'm not saying that meds are wrong for you, jroo, or that you don't need them, but life is a rollercoaster, and we need to learn to live with the lows as well as the highs. George has been having a rough time of it lately, but that's because of his situation, not because he's chemically unbalanced (which is the supposition that antidepressants are based on).

Unless this turns out to be a pattern for you, George, or you think you really need meds, I advise sticking it out... you'll come out MUCH stronger in the end. Trust me, I considered meds around the time I was in your boat (you know the story), and my therapist actually advised AGAINST them... I'm glad he did because I learned that there WASN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME.

Again, jroo, that's not meant as a dis on you... I just disagree with your advice.

:huh:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Originally posted by hoke

I have to disagree here. I'm not saying that meds are wrong for you, jroo, or that you don't need them, but life is a rollercoaster, and we need to learn to live with the lows as well as the highs. George has been having a rough time of it lately, but that's because of his situation, not because he's chemically unbalanced (which is the supposition that antidepressants are based on).

Unless this turns out to be a pattern for you, George, or you think you really need meds, I advise sticking it out... you'll come out MUCH stronger in the end. Trust me, I considered meds around the time I was in your boat (you know the story), and my therapist actually advised AGAINST them... I'm glad he did because I learned that there WASN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME.

Again, jroo, that's not meant as a dis on you... I just disagree with your advice.

ummm...is this reply for me? cuz my name's not george :rolleyes::tongue:;)

Guest jroo
Originally posted by hoke

its all good. the meds helped me. helped me to see the light. i was going through a tough time with my ex girlfriend who i had been dating for two years. i wanted to die in the worst way. everyday i wished that something would happen to me. i didnt want to do anything myself. i even wished that i was on one of the planes from 9/11. i was bad off. i thought about re-joining the army and going overseas. im not old by the way, i just turned 24 today. all that x i used to do maybe really fucked me up. who knows, but a concilor was the logical choice and the meds REALLY helped me out a LOT. the girl was giving me all of the stress. felt good to finally be over her. damn good. anyway, .....

its all good. the meds helped me. helped me to see the light. i was going through a tough time with my ex girlfriend who i had been dating for two years. i wanted to die in the worst way. everyday i wished that something would happen to me. i didnt want to do anything myself. i even wished that i was on one of the planes from 9/11. i was bad off. i thought about re-joining the army and going overseas. im not old by the way, i just turned 24 today. all that x i used to do maybe really fucked me up. who knows, but a concilor was the logical choice and the meds REALLY helped me out a LOT. the girl was giving me all of the stress. felt good to finally be over her. damn good. anyway, .....

I hear ya. I've known others who meds have helped a lot; that's why I didn't rip into you personally. :aright:

i'm sorry, gmc, i know exactly how that feels, and with my last relationship i even counted days because it was his turn to call and i wanted to see how long he would let it go, taking it to mean that that was proportional to how much he valued our relationship. and, being that the last time we had spoken he knew i had a fever over 101 degrees and then he didn't call me for a whole week, i knew that he really didn't give a shit. i was at home, sick as a dog, off from work, and he didn't even call once to ask how i was feeling. he just took a break from calling me 'cause he figured that i probably was out of commission for a while and wouldn't be able to have sex, because that's all i was to him.

i remember, back in the day, i used to stay at home, in case a certain person would call. i can't live like that anymore, also because that always tended to jinx things, as silly as that may sound. i guess i was being taught a lesson.

Originally posted by jroo...

speaking of which, if you arent opposed to helping yourself through mediciene, then i highly recommond an anti-depressant that is right for you

That's funny you mentioned that. A good buddy of mine recommended St. John's wort, which cures mild depression. Im really not a depressed person by nature, but figured this stuff, being natural, could help me.

And it has. I've been taking it for 2 weeks (alongside a GNC multi-vitamin), and i feel much better and unfazed by all this shnazz as of late :)

And weyes, im sorry to hear how your situation went down.

I know exactly what u were talking about, "the test". Right now im testing someone, and she actually did call me after 2 days of non-conversation, so we'll see...

Sometimes the truth hurts, and you gotta swallow it like nasty-tasting medicine. But These are all lessons in life, and im sure sometime in the future you will find that special someone who will genuinly want to call you, just for the sake of calling you.