Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last Night.....

shlongus

last night was fucking off da hook, nautilus and I began our night with a soft drink of red bull and vodka on the way to Buzz....We got their and had 1 more and then a long island...wow........danced our ass's off till the morning... left the club around 6 went to a diner to grab breakfast, laughed our ass's off about absolutly nothing while a the entire place was looking at us like we were fucking crazy.....i just got home and took a shower and about to go to the gym to teach 2 classes until 1 and then maybe i will get some sleep....ow i thinki i forgot to mention that somewhere on their we each had few hydroxycuts, they do the trick.......

AWESOME NIGHT......

Oh my god, Merkie & I had a crazy DC weekend. We didn't leave Buzz until 4:00, then we got up on Saturday and went to the National Capital BBQ. Were going to take it easy Sat. night, but ended up going to Glow instead. Left there a mess at 3:00 and could not fall asleep at our friend's house, so we drove home, still messed up at 7:30 am. What a long weekend. It was good finally meeting everybody at Buzz though.

Originally posted by lizard23

Oh my god, Merkie & I had a crazy DC weekend. We didn't leave Buzz until 4:00, then we got up on Saturday and went to the National Capital BBQ. Were going to take it easy Sat. night, but ended up going to Glow instead. Left there a mess at 3:00 and could not fall asleep at our friend's house, so we drove home, still messed up at 7:30 am. What a long weekend. It was good finally meeting everybody at Buzz though.

Sounds like you guys had fun :) It was nice to meet you guys too. I also met Pluryou... for like a second at the 1:00 am meetup. At least now I know what your psycadelic hat looks like :D

Lizard and I definitely had a great time this weekend in DC. Buss on Friday night was off the hook. Seb was amazing and Scott Henry finished off the night with a great set...not as good as Thurs. @ Trust, but good all the same.

It was great to meet everyon...and I know I met other people, but I am sorry I forgot your names.

melanee (ruth)

vicman (victor...obviously)

nautilus (arthur)

shlongus (?)

tinybutterfli (?)

spinksaikel (sopa...I think...I was having trouble hearing in Glow...sorry)

Sat. night we went to Glow for Noel Sanger. That was only my second time there. I now understand why most people dislike the place. I think that Insomnia has a lot of potential, but I am not sure I like the crowd. Let me elaborate...I go to clubs to dance, listen to the music, and have a good time with my friends. I do not want to be hit on every five seconds. Having guys grab me by the waste and grab my ass and assume that it is okay just doesn't make for a good evening. I am not uptight, I love meeting new people by talking to them, but I do not like to be groaped. I did have one random stranger buy me a drink though.

Enough complainig. I guess that is why I like Buzz. Most people there start a conversation rather than grab your ass. Or at least in my experience.

Anyway, it was cool to hang with spinksaikel for the second night in a row. I think he agreed with me on the crowd!

I have rambled for too long and need to get back to work.

C-ya

Kristen

Why does that place attract that type of crowd? Is it the upstairs rooms? I had never been upstairs until Sat. night. Gross. A lot of sweaty people in a miserable humid atmosphere that smelled like rotten socks. I will never wonder up there again.

Originally posted by merkie

spinksaikel (sopha...I think...I was having trouble hearing in Glow...sorry)

Sat. night we went to Glow for Noel Sanger. That was only my second time there. I now understand why most people dislike the place. I think that Insomnia has a lot of potential, but I am not sure I like the crowd. Let me elaborate...I go to clubs to dance, listen to the music, and have a good time with my friends. I do not want to be hit on every five seconds. Having guys grab me by the waste and grab my ass and assume that it is okay just doesn't make for a good evening. I am not uptight, I love meeting new people by talking to them, but I do not like to be groaped. I did have one random stranger buy me a drink though.

Enough complainig. I guess that is why I like Buzz. Most people there start a conversation rather than grab your ass. Or at least in my experience.

Anyway, it was cool to hang with spinksaikel for the second night in a row. I think he agreed with me on the crowd!

I have rambled for too long and need to get back to work.

C-ya

Kristen

sheeit, I thought I had cancelled my account. but looks like its still up and running. anyway, i didnt really enjoy myself@glow. first of all, the music was ok but noel got a bit trancey. And yeah kristin, he doesnt know how to bring it down right. His mixing was horrible. As for the crowd, it was full of yella' babies. Whilst chit chatting with kristen, I kept feeling a hand on my back. So i repositioned myself and continued to talk to kristen some more. THEN...I felt a hand on my ass. Same guy..WTF?!! So then I thought..."the best way to this guys heart is right thru his fuggin sternum (sp?). " sigh....that turbo slut needed to be clocked in the ear!

Soap

I did not know you got your ass grabbed too. It is funny that they think this pick up will work. A guy did it to me and started dancing with me and he had the nerve to ask me why when I told him to go away. Geeze.

Anyway, I definitely did not like the long trancy tunes he was spinning. I recognized a few songs though. Don't get me wrong...I like trance, but not out at a club. It is no fun to dance to. I like the beat to rise to a climax and fall back down again. His beats stayed the same all night. Boring.

Did anyone other than ravermania and I make it to soaked on Sat.??? Much preferred that place to Glow.... after Friday night it was perfect... just wish we would have had more company....

Friday was pretty good. Seb for the first hour played some good tracks.... then his set took on a no emotion, just bang out some tunes feel. Then Henry got on and was pretty damn good.... had me bouncing that early in the morning - then he got off after like an hour or so... some other guy got on and that was it... left. I completely missed the first guy - got the last 3 tracks of his set - which I would have preferred all night - hard techno wasn't it??

Originally posted by sauvee88

Did anyone other than ravermania and I make it to soaked on Sat.??? Much preferred that place to Glow.... after Friday night it was perfect... just wish we would have had more company....

Friday was pretty good. Seb for the first hour played some good tracks.... then his set took on a no emotion, just bang out some tunes feel. Then Henry got on and was pretty damn good.... had me bouncing that early in the morning - then he got off after like an hour or so... some other guy got on and that was it... left. I completely missed the first guy - got the last 3 tracks of his set - which I would have preferred all night - hard techno wasn't it??

i tried to find that fuggin place but no dice. I was quite pissed that i missed open bar too. My friends and I were driving around U st trying to find the place. How could we have missed it? It was about 11:30 when we finally gave up and decided to go to glow. This weekend blew. Firday night wasnt any better either. wasn't fond of chris liberators set or Seb's. Scott henry definitely did a much better job.

Originally posted by merkie

I did not know you got your ass grabbed too. It is funny that they think this pick up will work. A guy did it to me and started dancing with me and he had the nerve to ask me why when I told him to go away. Geeze.

Anyway, I definitely did not like the long trancy tunes he was spinning. I recognized a few songs though. Don't get me wrong...I like trance, but not out at a club. It is no fun to dance to. I like the beat to rise to a climax and fall back down again. His beats stayed the same all night. Boring.

You probably didnt know because he was pretty stealth about it. Anyway, if it was a female...then I don't think I wouldve had any problems with it. They are more tolerable:D . As for noel's set, he was getting a bit inty some hard house there. Yuck. I hate hard house and anything that sounds remotely close to it. As in the words of deep dish, " anyone who spins hard house should be shot." hah. that's a good one.

Originally posted by spinsaikel

i tried to find that fuggin place but no dice. I was quite pissed that i missed open bar too. My friends and I were driving around U st trying to find the place. How could we have missed it? It was about 11:30 when we finally gave up and decided to go to glow. This weekend blew. Firday night wasnt any better either. wasn't fond of chris liberators set or Seb's. Scott henry definitely did a much better job.

GOOD, we're not the only one. Me and my crew there was like 6 of us, went down U St. got on about the 1600 block and proceeded to look for 2001 but there wasn't one after the 1900 block it turns into Florida Ave.??? WTF, so we looked for like 3 minutes and then gave up and went to Acropolis, ughhhh:blown:

Oh dear lord.... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was thinking the same thing.... but then I checked the flyer again and low and behold there was a website on it for the club. www.bohemiancaverns.com The top 2 floors are called Club 2001, the actual address is 11th and U it's the building on the corner with the piano keys around the top and the huge sax hanging off the side of the building. Downstairs... aka the Caverns is where the Jazz is played - since it IS a jazz club.

The thing ended around 2 - which was a little disappointing, but ok since the girl that was with us was... sleepy.... But I had just received my GG martini and had to slam the damn thing down.... Tought luck people, perhaps if there is another one y'all will have the directions now. Of course that depends on what sia does, since I'm not too sure if she was there or not.... dunno - the two other people I was with and I just sat around shooting the shit and listening to music in a booth that wasn't SO dark....... didn't see anyone I knew, but there where people enjoying themselves - although no one danced.... It felt very loungy.... Which was cool for a Saturday night.

Originally posted by sauvee88

Oh dear lord.... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was thinking the same thing.... but then I checked the flyer again and low and behold there was a website on it for the club. www.bohemiancaverns.com The top 2 floors are called Club 2001, the actual address is 11th and U it's the building on the corner with the piano keys around the top and the huge sax hanging off the side of the building. Downstairs... aka the Caverns is where the Jazz is played - since it IS a jazz club.

I think we should should be sent gas money..since I wasted quite a bit of it trying to find the damn place. How come the flyer said 2001 U st. wtf? very misleading I must say. Then again, I didnt bother to check out the website. I can't believe that I passed by that fuggin place so many times and didnt even know that was it. urgggh. Anyway, hopefully this weekend makes up for it.