Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Damn Audiogalaxy and Spyware

shroomy

OK I installed this new app called ZoneAlarm so I can block various popups and protect my PC since it is always connected to the net.

Well what do I discover except this little application called GMT.exe that keeps trying to access the internet.

Turns out it is a spyware program that gets installed with the audiogalaxy install and it sends all sorts of info about what you do and also adds pop ups to websites that normally dont have them. They even put competitors ads up when visiting some sites.

read about it here http://www.cexx.org/gator.htm

If you have a directory called GMT under your program files/common files/ directory then you have it.

You can also do a ctr-alt-del and call up task manager, click on the processes tab and look for GMT.exe in the list.

I know how popular AG was and thought some of you would want to know.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by shroomy

OK I installed this new app called ZoneAlarm so I can block various popups and protect my PC since it is always connected to the net.

Well what do I discover except this little application called GMT.exe that keeps trying to access the internet.

Turns out it is a spyware program that gets installed with the audiogalaxy install and it sends all sorts of info about what you do and also adds pop ups to websites that normally dont have them. They even put competitors ads up when visiting some sites.

read about it here http://www.cexx.org/gator.htm

If you have a directory called GMT under your program files/common files/ directory then you have it.

You can also do a ctr-alt-del and call up task manager, click on the processes tab and look for GMT.exe in the list.

I know how popular AG was and thought some of you would want to know.

do u know if the spyware remover that everyone got off download.com removes it. I looked there my programs and didn't find it.... does your zonealarms fuck up certain apps, aka, yahoo games p2p sharing programs... etc, cause zone alarm is free and people say its awesome I just don't want to deal with any bullshit...

The GMT spyware stuff is pretty popular so anything that looks for spyware probabally would remove it.

If you dont want to deal with the BS then I wouldn't recomend zonealarm, it isnt exactly install and forget. There is a little learning that is involved and if you don't know anything about security, cookies, network trafic etc. you probably would end up saying "fuck it"

but if you have a basic understanding of that sort of thing, its pretty cool and easy.

and best of all, it eliminates all the CP pop up ads!!! :)