Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CoolJunkie @ Living Room Downtown! + Competition Launch

cooljunkie

2002 CoolJunkie DJ Competition Launch Party

DJ's: Kurtis Patrick (DeckJunkie, Proton Radio NYC)

Sean Bauzay (DeckJunkie)

Living Room Downtown

Saturday June 29th

We'll be launching this year's DJ Competition at Living Room Downtown this Saturday with some of the finest progressive and tribal house this side of anywhere!

You all know of Sean's talents on the 1210's, and Kurtis Patrick has just scored a residency with Proton Radio in New York, and is up there with the best prog house DJ's around at the moment. He took the roof off at Space, and I can guarantee he will impress on Saturday - catch him while it's free!

CoolJunkie members get free entry and open bar. Hope to see you all there.

Nick .junkie.

From what time until what time is the open bar? And when does the guest list close?

We really need to find a way to get free drinks for the DJ's at all times! ;) As long as we tip well, we should get hooked up!

I'm looking forward to opening up for the notorious Kurtis Patrick. It's going to be an all out progressive evening! See ya in a few days, Kurtis. Call me when you get in town.

It's actually a real nice spread. There's a huge VIP area in the center of the club w/ a giant Buddha in the middle. Plus, it has a decent size dance floor and half-decent sound system. There is lots of little couches and sofas to chill and relax. Nice and dark too, which is always a plus. The dj booth is elevated above the crowd so you got that whole 'dj god' thing going on.

I've only been there a few times.......the music usually sucks. Stephan Luke and Jimmy banged it out for afterhours, but that's about it.

Living Room Downtown has a decent Martin lighting array, mainly 918s and MiniMacs, plus a Turbosound sound system left over from the Fuel days. The system is decent, but waay too bottom-heavy at times. I remember back when it was Fuel, I actually got disoriented, there was so much bass energy...

The racks and stacks are visible out front, too :)

See you all there, hopefully?

Living Room are trying to bring a better musical vibe to the venue over the summer, and hopefully will be following our night with a series of solid progressive / tribal nights.

As Joey says it's kinda dark which makes it perfect for Kurtis and Sean's prog house sets.

Nick .junkie.

Hey Sean,

The venue is real nice... Dark & Laid back....Sound System really drops on the dance floor... The booth is nice, they have a RANE MP2016 mixer (rotary)... Only thing that really bothered me were the monitors... They're really loud, but mostly mids & highs... So I usually left with my ears ringing... Good Luck ... Im gonna try to swing by and check out your set...