Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
DJGaryMatthews

Breaking Up: What Men REALLY Think

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor

They loved and lost. Whether he left her or she dumped him, the result is the same. Now tell us about that breakup. If you're a woman, you'll likely tell the same story no matter who instigated it. But if you're guy, you'll have different stories--way different stories--depending on who dumped whom. It seems that men--and we're just quoting scientists and not making any value judgments--don't handle being dumped well. Researchers at Francis Marion University in Florence, South Carolina have concluded that men believe there was much more scheming on the part of their partners, less finality in the relationship, and less working together during the breakup IF the man was the one who was dumped by the woman. Just the opposite is true if breaking up was his idea. Women, on the other hand, view how the relationship ended the same, whether they were the dumper or the dumpee.

"The males...if they're the ones who did it, they thought 'Oh, there was no plotting on my part or anything.' But there was a lot if she broke up with them," Dr. Mike Jordan of Francis Marion University told Reuters. He said that women view breakups as bad no matter who initiates the process. "Females just saw it as kind of bad all the time," he explained. But for men, doing the dumping isn't such a bad thing. "The males are not bothered if they end the relationship--it's not threatening to them. But if they are the target--the girl ends the relationship--this is highly threatening to them, and they don't take well to it," he told Reuters.

Originally posted by xtcgspot

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor

They loved and lost. Whether he left her or she dumped him, the result is the same. Now tell us about that breakup. If you're a woman, you'll likely tell the same story no matter who instigated it. But if you're guy, you'll have different stories--way different stories--depending on who dumped whom. It seems that men--and we're just quoting scientists and not making any value judgments--don't handle being dumped well. Researchers at Francis Marion University in Florence, South Carolina have concluded that men believe there was much more scheming on the part of their partners, less finality in the relationship, and less working together during the breakup IF the man was the one who was dumped by the woman. Just the opposite is true if breaking up was his idea. Women, on the other hand, view how the relationship ended the same, whether they were the dumper or the dumpee.

"The males...if they're the ones who did it, they thought 'Oh, there was no plotting on my part or anything.' But there was a lot if she broke up with them," Dr. Mike Jordan of Francis Marion University told Reuters. He said that women view breakups as bad no matter who initiates the process. "Females just saw it as kind of bad all the time," he explained. But for men, doing the dumping isn't such a bad thing. "The males are not bothered if they end the relationship--it's not threatening to them. But if they are the target--the girl ends the relationship--this is highly threatening to them, and they don't take well to it," he told Reuters.

duh.. i coulda told u that :rolleyes:

:tongue:;)

Originally posted by xtcgspot

"The males are not bothered if they end the relationship--it's not threatening to them.

not true. not im my case. its really hard to break up with someone. i never like having to do that. esp when its not the girl's fault. like i just decide that i wanna end the relationship. trust me...i didnt take it well. it was very hard to do, and it never got any better

:(