Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UPSCALE parties???

so yeah, all this talk of the NEW and HIP upscale parties. what exactly is it that makes a club upscale? dresscode... personalities... style of music/setting? anyway, i'm just curious, if anyone knows the specifics, IE the dress code thing, lemme hear it. thanks

Generally characterized by:

Strict dress code - trendy, stylish expensive, or any combination of the three.

Crowd type - Yuppies, models, spoiled drifters, celebrities, wannabes and husband-seeking gold digger types, pretty people and trendsters, 21+ drinkers.

Venue - generally small to midsize clubs and lounges, plush, new-ish, someone's idea of "lavish" decor which may come in various interpretations.

Door staff - often annoying, obnoxious, very selective or any combination of the three.

Again, this is a generalization of the type, not all of them are like this, but that's the typical. They're fun if you're looking to dress up and really go out for a night on the town but I also find that you always encounter the same personality on everyone there, and the music isn't usually that great.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Generally characterized by:

Strict dress code - trendy, stylish expensive, or any combination of the three.

Crowd type - Yuppies, models, spoiled drifters, celebrities, wannabes and husband-seeking gold digger types, pretty people and trendsters, 21+ drinkers.

Venue - generally small to midsize clubs and lounges, plush, new-ish, someone's idea of "lavish" decor which may come in various interpretations.

Door staff - often annoying, obnoxious, very selective or any combination of the three.

Again, this is a generalization of the type, not all of them are like this, but that's the typical. They're fun if you're looking to dress up and really go out for a night on the town but I also find that you always encounter the same personality on everyone there, and the music isn't usually that great.

ahhh... u just summed up Panagaea ...a place i had the chance to experience for a limited time last friday..big old asshole convention..it was eye opening

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

ahhh... u just summed up Panagaea ...a place i had the chance to experience for a limited time last friday..big old asshole convention..it was eye opening

Yeah, like I said, they're fun on occasion if I'm feeling like being dressed up and inactive but generally I'd rather go elsewhere. and btw, for all the lurking Rizzo types, this has nothing to do with being able to get in, Ive never had a problem at any door... it just doesn't get my heart racing. (cause knowing this board, there's some tool that's gonna try that line)