Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about Oakenfold

I've never heard Paul Oakenfold spin live, but I have heard one of his cd's, and the music sounded like either trance, techno, or drum'n bass; I'm not too sure which one of these describes it the best.

I've never heard him spin house music, and I was wondering what he is going to spin at CPI on July 3rd.

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

mostly, if not all trance - at least I've never heard oakenfold spin house

not so much anymore believe it or not-- yes trance is the majority of what he spins but i've seen hin 7 times in the past 2 years (and no, that does not make me an expert) but 1> he spins very differently than his cds sounds like (as most djs) and 2> since his whole shift into breakbeat, he's been playing alot of breakbeat in his sets with trance towards the second half or end of the end (ex. Essential Mix Live from Shanghai 2002) but he *does* cater to different audiences... so considering he only plays NYC about once a year, i think he'll give us all trance.. i saw him this weekend twice in london as well as at GCSSS and he spun some hard, dark stuff (breakbeat and trance) with melodic twists in it... not fluffy at all.. it was very mysterious, sexy stuff... if that makes sense :confused: anyway, just go with an open mind, you'll have fun no matter what ;) he always puts on a good show in nyc :D

-daniela