Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is #2 after N.Y.??????

Originally posted by kinska

I guess you must be minted if you think that €35 to €50 entry is cheap. Not to mention the fact that a bottle of water in a club will set you back €4 to €8 whilst a vodka and coke costs a tidy €12 on average.

Spain is a relatively poor country and if you compare club prices to the average income it's not hard to see why limited numbers of Spanish people are making Ibiza their clubbing destination.

As for it being commercial - perhaps you just went to the wrong clubs?

We're on the same page as far as prices are concerned. By cheap I did'nt mean inexpensive. The island is a racket!!! The price of a bottle of water is enough to crash your party. If it's expensive for ya it's even worst for me caus' I'm workin on a canadian $ budget (yeap...the Monopoly money!). And I'm not used to payin' for refills. Usually 3$ covers all the H2o I'll need for the night. Can't find "speed" either it seems wich is another setback.

As far as commercial goes... well maybe you are right and I did'nt go to the right clubs. But the Ibiza thing is supposed to be global anyway... not just one club over the other. Hon' the place is taged and branded every square inch. Cant tell me you did'nt see the whole money makin' machine behind it!? What can I say... I need just a litle more "authenticity"... or at least the illusion of it.

Maybe it's the result of comin' from a smaller scene. The quality of a party is judged on very different aspects than in N-Y or London. Hell! Different backgrounds different tastes... and thats all good!

See ya hon'

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that its not about the scene, drugs, or music. If you hear something that you love and are still 'nodding' your head to the beat, you are not truly enjoying the party. [i guess all of you clubbers are dancers right?] Come to Toronto and check out the scene here because [most] of us know how to party [dance] and it doesn't mean taking drugs to motivate ourselves to get up and represent. Remember that everyone listens to the same music but not all of us can truly enjoy it. Respect the people on the dancefloor and give them space because you never know; you might just learn something while YOU stand around, waiting for your "high" to kick in.

Man! Are you for real? You sound like an afterschool special.

Clubing is about music as much as it's about drugs, sex, and alcohol. Most of you down in TO know how to party??? Well Idont know bout that man. People are the same everywhere. Pills are a pretty stupid concept in itself but that's what partying is about... for a couple hours in your life... letting go of what should and should'nt be whatever it means for you.

Remember that everyone listens to the same music but not all of us can truly enjoy it. ??????? Wow man that's rich! Who the hell do you think you are? You think you hold the universal trruth?

Try not givin' a shit while you're waiting for glorification on the dancefloor. Try enjoying the beautifull people round you whether they are drunk, poppin' or plain straight, talkin' to you or not... wheter they fit your standards of "true" clubbers or not. YOU might learn something precious!

As far as how or why you can or canot "TRULY" enjoy the party... You being so dogmatic allready diqualifies you as a judge.

Sorry man but I heard your speach too many times allready. Give up clubing and start a religion... it's the best place to be full of shit

Why don't you check out www.notjustanybody.com and see who gets more respect on the dancefloor. I DO consider myself a judge AND a critic since I can't understand people who pay for a 'big ticket' event, and/or buy drugs to enjoy themselves but end up standing and staring at other people. You must be 1 of these people since you don't understand where I come from. Why do you think that "go-go" dancers have a job for? I know that when I see someone "dancing" to music, I get a feeling of performing also, since 80% of the club are also watching the same thing too. Ever wonder why the site is called "NOT JUST ANYBODY"!:laugh: You can't diss/hate on a artist that can dance/party better than you unless you can "battle" me, your opinions are just that. WORDS. And remember : Actions speak louder than words.

Why don't you check out www.notjustanybody.com and see who gets more respect on the dancefloor. I DO consider myself a judge AND a critic since I can't understand people who pay for a 'big ticket' event, and/or buy drugs to enjoy themselves but end up standing and staring at other people. You must be 1 of these people since you don't understand where I come from. Why do you think that "go-go" dancers have a job for? I know that when I see someone "dancing" to music, I get a feeling of performing also, since 80% of the club are also watching the same thing too. Ever wonder why the site is called "NOT JUST ANYBODY"!:laugh: You can't diss/hate on a artist that can dance/party better than you unless you can "battle" me, your opinions are just that. WORDS. And remember : Actions speak louder than words.

Not makin more sens buddy,

So what am I to undrstand??? You're a ballet dancer therefore only you know how to party or you're a hired dancer in a club so you're a god???? Really man I have no clue what you're sayin'. What the fuck is that website???

If you're a professional dancer well you get some respect from me caus' it's a fuckin' tough business but that has nothing to do with clubing.

I definitely see that you consider yourself a judge and critic... still your self-proclamation does'nt make you justified.

I guess I am one of these people! I sure pop but I dance before, during and after the pill. I'm not there to perform or make a show and I get respect from my friends and people on the dance floor by having a great time and lettin' them have their own any wich way they fuckin' want. I dont give a fuck who dances better and could'nt care less about battlin' you. I can picture the kind of pretentious little clubber you are and you can be sure I'd be dancin' my ass off all the way at the other end of the room (you know... where people are havin fun... not performing).

Actions speak louder than words. ... interesting concept from someone who's so full of shit.

Anyway man you're a real joke... it's been fun! But like all well wasted time it eventually has to stop.

Drop the drama Diva

Originally posted by jonnyb

We're on the same page as far as prices are concerned. By cheap I did'nt mean inexpensive. The island is a racket!!! The price of a bottle of water is enough to crash your party. If it's expensive for ya it's even worst for me caus' I'm workin on a canadian $ budget (yeap...the Monopoly money!). And I'm not used to payin' for refills. Usually 3$ covers all the H2o I'll need for the night. Can't find "speed" either it seems wich is another setback.

As far as commercial goes... well maybe you are right and I did'nt go to the right clubs. But the Ibiza thing is supposed to be global anyway... not just one club over the other. Hon' the place is taged and branded every square inch. Cant tell me you did'nt see the whole money makin' machine behind it!? What can I say... I need just a litle more "authenticity"... or at least the illusion of it.

Maybe it's the result of comin' from a smaller scene. The quality of a party is judged on very different aspects than in N-Y or London. Hell! Different backgrounds different tastes... and thats all good!

See ya hon'

well, all clubbing is about money making first... its a business...

but regardles.. there are amazign parties on that island...

How am I not making any sense to you? What do you think people who are in the industry (owners, promoters, bar staff, security etc.) want to see at a club every night? the same people or us (dancers)? I'm not saying that I'm better than you, it's just that I believe we should be the ones at the top of EVERY V.I.P guestlist. (espically if we are new there and are not getting paid).

Even if I wasn't getting paid to preform, I would be dancing anyways. (depending if I liked the music).

I am also suprised at your reaction towards dancing. Dancing is also considered an art and you, johnnyb coming from a city with such histroy of art (Montreal) should understand where dance and music is considered as one. All Dj's can agree on me that there is nothing more rewarding for them than a fan sweating to his music/mixing. This is there job and one remembers the great parties more than the not-so-great ones.

Toronto has the most diverse community anywhere. All of our scenes have many ethnics too. Our prices are cheaper than most areas in N.A and no other city has more "local talent" that is considered "International" in other parts of the world. This included DJ's, Mc"s, artists etc... We used to have a club that opened at 9am on Mondays but you know what type of people hang out at those hours! It eventually got shut down because of a shooting that involved a patron and 2 dormen. But besides that, people usually party at Comfort Zone (9am Sunday-2am Monday) and then to N.V (11pm Sunday to 7am) Monday. These clubs play underground electronia from the lastest to the ol' school. 80% of the patrons "drop" stuff here.

We have "afterhour" clubs that start on Thurs. every week that end at 6am. Some of these are "Live-To-Air" on our local radio station 1007.00 Fm 'Global Groove' Radio.

Toronto is considered #2 in the Jungle scene with other genres right up there with the best of 'em. ie. Freestyle, Euro, Trance, Progressive, House, Techno etc.

Hip-Hop is represented by both producers and Breakdancers. ie Baby Blue SoundCrew. Bag-O-Trix. This is a scene within a scene since promoters use the club(name) to throw there parties there. ie.Guverment has Hip-Hop and R&B and on Saturday Electronica.

Our Exotic Clubs open on Sunday too. (only in Toronto) not in the G.T.A. Like Montreal, our girls come fully unclothed and "hands-on" as well for the V.I.P.

So, please tell me the difference between Toronto and NewYork, or Montreal. The only difference would be either the weather, people (different races) and/or talent.

Originally posted by groovee1

How am I not making any sense to you? What do you think people who are in the industry (owners, promoters, bar staff, security etc.) want to see at a club every night? the same people or us (dancers)? I'm not saying that I'm better than you, it's just that I believe we should be the ones at the top of EVERY V.I.P guestlist. (espically if we are new there and are not getting paid).

Even if I wasn't getting paid to preform, I would be dancing anyways. (depending if I liked the music).

I am also suprised at your reaction towards dancing. Dancing is also considered an art and you, johnnyb coming from a city with such histroy of art (Montreal) should understand where dance and music is considered as one. All Dj's can agree on me that there is nothing more rewarding for them than a fan sweating to his music/mixing. This is there job and one remembers the great parties more than the not-so-great ones.

Toronto has the most diverse community anywhere. All of our scenes have many ethnics too. Our prices are cheaper than most areas in N.A and no other city has more "local talent" that is considered "International" in other parts of the world. This included DJ's, Mc"s, artists etc... We used to have a club that opened at 9am on Mondays but you know what type of people hang out at those hours! It eventually got shut down because of a shooting that involved a patron and 2 dormen. But besides that, people usually party at Comfort Zone (9am Sunday-2am Monday) and then to N.V (11pm Sunday to 7am) Monday. These clubs play underground electronia from the lastest to the ol' school. 80% of the patrons "drop" stuff here.

We have "afterhour" clubs that start on Thurs. every week that end at 6am. Some of these are "Live-To-Air" on our local radio station 1007.00 Fm 'Global Groove' Radio.

Toronto is considered #2 in the Jungle scene with other genres right up there with the best of 'em. ie. Freestyle, Euro, Trance, Progressive, House, Techno etc.

Hip-Hop is represented by both producers and Breakdancers. ie Baby Blue SoundCrew. Bag-O-Trix. This is a scene within a scene since promoters use the club(name) to throw there parties there. ie.Guverment has Hip-Hop and R&B and on Saturday Electronica.

Our Exotic Clubs open on Sunday too. (only in Toronto) not in the G.T.A. Like Montreal, our girls come fully unclothed and "hands-on" as well for the V.I.P.

So, please tell me the difference between Toronto and NewYork, or Montreal. The only difference would be either the weather, people (different races) and/or talent.

well spoken! :aright:

Thax for the reconition Howard. I see that not everyone is like-minded as johnnyb overthere.

ps. I just went to a "afterhours" yesterday that was open till 7am. (on a Tuesday!) They even served "canned beer" for 7$ all night (morning)! Although there was a 10$ cover; it was well worth it since this crowd seemed different. (in a good way) They were all 25 and up, wore mostly black clothing? and the music was mostly commercial underground. A friend of mine who "dances" brought me there after work. Mostly guys but 70% of the girls were strippers anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

NYC is still definitely tops for me. You just do not get that vibe anywhere alse. As a native Chicago girl though, I am a little biased in saying that nightlife in Chicago is hot. Maybe lukewarm, there is always something going on, big names come through on a regular basis and if you want pretty people there they are!

All this banter about dancing..blah, blah, blah. Hey as long as you enjoy the music you are doing alright. As a professional dancer I agree that DJs like to see people dance, but clubbing is not all about the dance. It is about the atmosphere that is created by the bar staff, the lighting, the sounds, the dancing people, the talking people or that guy just chillin'. In the end a good club is put together by all these experiences not just the DJ. If you think back to good nites out - what song was playing?

Who do you think creates this "atmosphere" at clubs? Drugs? or people? I have been to many "parties" that have NO decor, lighting or a decent soundsystem and have "created" the vibe in the party to last into the wee hours of the morning.

People who seem to think that "dancers" are just blah, blah blah are probablly the ones sitting down

• 4 weeks later...