Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: Bodybuilders

What are your sources of protein throughout an entire day and how much of each do you intake?

ex. protein powders, protein bars, red meat, chicken, fish, egg whites.

Also has anyone tried that tuna in the pouch bag? No can to open up or water to drain, just tear open the pouch. Just nice big chunks of tuna.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im no body builder but i do lift. I try to keep it at 200 grams a day and at like 30 grams of carbs a day.

protien bar in the morning low sugar/carbs

(gross) isopure shake around 1030am.

Big amount of chicken or pork with a large salad for lunch.

(gross) isopure shake around 530

gym at 8 then dinner after

Only weekdays im going to step it up with ripped fuel i think.

I usually eat a at about 1.5 grams of protein for every lb.

Myoplex simply gain Choc. - with skim milk and peanutbutter added ---its about 60grams per serving * 2 or 3

As far as food, it varies daily

Can a tuna 45grams of protein (baged isnt bad)

grilled chicken, pasta&chicken, lean redmeats, fish.

I am trying to gain weight so eat a lot of food...actually i need to eat now.

I know the stuff -- just don't show it!!! I wish i could spend 2 hours a day - 7 days a week at the gym, but work sucks! Anyway -- notallthere has is pretty straight. If you are trying to add muscle mass, i've learned it's recommend to consume 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. This also depends on your size, age, amount of cardio activity. But the reason for so much protein is to maintain a positive nitrogen balance so your body doesn't start burning it's one muscle cells for energy. Chicken is obviously a great source but also different types of fish (i.e. salmon, snapper, swordfish, ..anything, really) are good too because besides having a lot of protein, you also get a lot of the omega-3 fatty acids which are an important aspect of muscle growth (i.e. get some amino acids too to help process all the protein you'll be consuming). There are all different kinds of protein shakes and different opinions on what works best -- my vote is for Whey protein. If you take that and have some chicken / fish / etc each day, it should work well....again, notallthere is right with low carbs / sugar is key if you are trying to cut up and just add muscle. If it was the fall / winter....I would tell you to load up on the carbs to build a ton of mass...but i doubt you want to do that now....

Originally posted by notallthere

You guys ever go lift the day after a ruff night clubbing and drinking? its the fuclking worst. I haven lifter at all this week becuase i partyed so much this past weekend :drool:

Yeah I did that last week after a night of drinking. Boy was i draggin ass in the gym and fealt weak as hell to. :(

Originally posted by trickdaddy

I know the stuff -- just don't show it!!! I wish i could spend 2 hours a day - 7 days a week at the gym, but work sucks! Anyway -- notallthere has is pretty straight. If you are trying to add muscle mass, i've learned it's recommend to consume 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. This also depends on your size, age, amount of cardio activity. But the reason for so much protein is to maintain a positive nitrogen balance so your body doesn't start burning it's one muscle cells for energy. Chicken is obviously a great source but also different types of fish (i.e. salmon, snapper, swordfish, ..anything, really) are good too because besides having a lot of protein, you also get a lot of the omega-3 fatty acids which are an important aspect of muscle growth (i.e. get some amino acids too to help process all the protein you'll be consuming). There are all different kinds of protein shakes and different opinions on what works best -- my vote is for Whey protein. If you take that and have some chicken / fish / etc each day, it should work well....again, notallthere is right with low carbs / sugar is key if you are trying to cut up and just add muscle. If it was the fall / winter....I would tell you to load up on the carbs to build a ton of mass...but i doubt you want to do that now....

Great post.

What do you think of flax seed oil?

Two questions

1. If you leave it in room temp does it go bad?

2.Im a little scared of it becuase its pure fat. I know you need fat as energy but i used to be a bit chunky and im always scared ill go back. whats your thoughts on this?

Originally posted by notallthere

Great post.

What do you think of flax seed oil?

Two questions

1. If you leave it in room temp does it go bad?

2.Im a little scared of it becuase its pure fat. I know you need fat as energy but i used to be a bit chunky and im always scared ill go back. whats your thoughts on this?

I don't know enough about flax seed oil to give a good opinion. I've heard good things about it but never really looked into it. I can understand you concer with anything fatty -- but if it is the "good" kind of fat, (poly- or mono-unsaturated) then is important you have it (at the right amount). Too much of it is obviously bad too. That's why i consider fish the best source since you get so much protein and the "good" types of fats in one meal.

Originally posted by Jsen7

Het can you press piro over your head like that??? haha:D

Yep...then I body slam him..:laugh: but don't tell him that I told you that...j/k piro:kiss2:

I love to work out...what works for me is no or low carbs after 2pm....stay away from junk food..but I may treat myself to a snack during the weekend. After the gym I have a soy protein shake with egg whites. I try to stay fit but it takes dedication..it's like having a part time job. :)