Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: Bodybuilders

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Protein is really important in a healthy diet...but its hard for me b/c I dont eat fish or a lot of meat. my diet goes like this:

Breakfast: 4 eggwhites

Lunch: Zoneperfect bar

Dinner: salad with grilled chicken or a boca burger or turkey on whole wheat pita

after gym:EAS protein shake

...I work out about 5, maybe 6( on a good week)times a week, never eat junk food, drink ONLY water, no sugar or salt in ANY FOODS WHAT SO EVER; and I usually take L carnitine and chromium picolinate. It gets the job done, but neena, I know what you mean, it is hard sometimes ;)

egg whites, red meat, chicken, turkey, turkey burgers(usually in the summer on the BBQ), fish(tuna & fluke/flounder freshly caught by myself), low carb protein bars, pure protein shakes with skim milk & ice.

Supplements: L Carnitine, Glutamine, Taurine, Creatine(few weeks on few weeks off), Multi Vitamin

Xenerdrine w/ KMX or Red Bull or Amp for a quick boost in the gym once in a while when I'm dragging azz!!!

Flax is good. Tastes like crap though. I think one of the best ways to use flax oil is to throw some into a protein shake at night before you sleep. It slows the absorption of protein by the body so you get a steadier supply of protein over a longer period of time while you sleep. And that's benenficial obviously because muscle growth occurs primarily during sleep.

Now I have a question for everyone...whats your daily carb intake? I hear some people say 20-30, but I usually have anywhere between 50-80. Depending on the day, I may switch from egg whites to oatmeal for carbs in the morning...Can someone tell me exactly how many carbs are you supposed to have in one day??:confused: thanks guys!! Also, is anyone else taking Lcarnitine? is it working for you??:D

For a 2000 calorie diet a normal (according to the FDA) should consume 300grams of carbs a day....This is about 60% of your calories.

So if you are eating 80 grams a day, thats about 16% of your calories.....Make sure you eat a lot of protein to compensate or are going to start loosing muscle....

Generally, 20-30% of your daily calories from carbs if you are trying to get ripped.

To figure it out How many carbs you need

Figure amount of carbs = ((%/100 ) x daily calories) divided by 4 (each gram has for calories

Ex. for 20% carbs it would be (0.2 x 2000) divided by 4 = 100grams of carbs.

Hope that helps.

Only one suggestion to add to this list......... My two friends (married couple) compete....... the husband was last years Jersey State Champ, and his wife place 2nd two years ago, and 3rd at Nationals last year in the womens light weight...

The one thing they have told me about diet is not to rely on the shakes and bars for protein sources........ only to be used as a supplement...... your body has to work harder to break the real food down, and by substituting real food for bars and shakes, your body will not have to work as hard to break the food down, and your metabolism will slow down......

Another suggestion, break your meals down so you eat about 5-6 times a day........ or every 2 hours....... this keeps basically turns your body into a furnace...... constantly breaking food down all day, will raise your body temp and consequently help you burn more fat........

Originally posted by calebmandrake

Sorry to burst your bubble but if youre "cutting" or trying to shed weight (fat), then you really shouldnt have more than 50 g of carbs a day (the lower the better). Yes, I know you may get headaches and will definitely have less energy but its definitely beneficial to consume as little carbs as possible. You may want to have a "carb up" every four days or so. But again, if it works for you....then go with it.....

P.S. Carbs from green veggies are OK....consume as much as

you like.

P.S.S. Never mix fat and carbs in the same meal.

I agree. Low carb, not no carb is the way to go.