Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Netlingo

So I found this site: http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm that has a listing of internet shorthand. I think we should all study and start using at least one in each post.

Some examples:

AWGTHTGTTSA - "Are We Going To Have To Go Through This Shit Again" -->Would've been appropriate for all the "Where do I download music now" posts.

AYSOS - "Are You Stupid Or Something" --> Appropriate for replying to any of Vic's posts.

BOHICA - "Bend Over Here It Comes Again" --> What Vic tells Zags every night before bedtime.

NIFOC - "Nude In Front Of the Computer" --> What REALLY goes on at Vic/Zag/Brian's place.

SNERT - "Snotty Nosed Egotistical Rotten Teenager" --> Jimi-Jack :D

YYSSW - "Yeah Yeah Sure Sure Whatever" --> Your response to this post.

Originally posted by vicman

shady, AFAIC AYSOS. BWDIK, you CRAFT and DILLIGAD, so FO and be sure to stick your HUYA

AFAIC: As Far As I'm Concerned

AYSOS: Are You Stupid Or Something

BWDIK: But What Do I Know?

CRAFT: Can't Remember a F***ing Thing

DILLIGAD: Do I Look Like I Give A Damn

FO: F*** Off

HUYA: Head Up Your A**

the people who make up these acronyms make our lives more difficult, not less; i spend more time trying to figure those out than what i would've spent writing all that shit out on my end (you know, it'd even out, karmically-speaking :) ). TMFBNTGAL :no: .

Originally posted by weyes

the people who make up these acronyms make our lives more difficult, not less; i spend more time trying to figure those out than what i would've spent writing all that shit out on my end (you know, it'd even out, karmically-speaking :) ). TMFBNTGAL :no: .

The more common one's are very useful.

e.g. "BRB" is very useful on IM especially when you REALLY have to pee or take a crap and don't want to risk soiling yourself by typing out "Be right back"

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

e.g. "BRB" is very useful on IM especially when you REALLY have to pee or take a crap and don't want to risk soiling yourself by typing out "Be right back"

Whats IM? And thats what BRB stands for.

I thought it was something else, but I guess that does make sense.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

o, no, i'm with you on the simple ones (wtf, the ever-popular lol, even ttyl is ok); i'm just saying that it's gone a wee bit too far :) .