Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>Opinions Please: Whats the BEST Portable MP3 Player?

http://www.bestbuy.com/ComputersPeripherals/PortableMP3/ViewSelection.asp?m=488&cat=538&scat=539

here is a link I found with some mp3 players on it... Its a tough call. Some offer u space of up to 20 gigs. Some only offer 128mb or so. Its really your call....The only brand from ther list I would go with would be Rio. They offer alot and tend to be somewhat reliable.

I hope this helped a little. Let me know if you have any more questions.:confused:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

Suggestions? One that doesnt pause and start up after 30 seconds in the middle of a track... :mad:

Glow I am in the market for one too. You're probably not on a MAC but if you are, the IPod rocks! From what I understand, MAC is going to come out with a version for the PC as well. The interface on the IPod is much more user friendly than any of the current PC models. I was looking into the Rio, the Archos Jukebox

Recorder 20GB, but so far the best one I've found is the NOMAD Jukebox 3. From what I've read, the Archos model is no good because once you transfer files onto it, you cannot erase them. I stopped into CompUSA the other day and asked about the Nomad line. The salesman mentioned that a rep from Nomad had stopped in recently and explained that they were redoing the line to create units with the same features that were half the size.

Click here to get more information on the Nomad line http://www.americas.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=324&category=2&maincategory=

The NOMAD Jukebox 3 has it all! It starts with audio quality untouchable by other MP3 players. Add a powerful new suite of music management and audio software and tailor your musical experience through the intuitive scroll wheel interface. Top it off with a massive 20GB or 40GB of storage and easy USB and SB1394 connectivity and you can listen to your favorite music anytime, anywhere! All of these features and more unite to enhance, enrich, and personalize your music experience like no other MP3 player.

- Stunning 98dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)

- Blazing transfer speeds with SB1394 connectivity

- Massive storage space: 20GB holds up to 333 hours of MP3s encoded at 128kbps

- Easy-to-use scroll wheel navigation

- EAX audio technology featuring Smart Volume Management

Why NOMAD Jukebox 3 is right for you

If you are looking for best and latest in MP3 player innovation that delivers feature rich functionality and unsurpassed audiophile sound quality then the Nomad Jukebox 3 is right for you. The ultimate portable MP3 player, NOMAD Jukebox 3 features massive storage, faster transfers, easier navigation, unsurpassed audio quality, and unparalleled features. Powerful music management software organizes your music. USB connectivity connects NOMAD Jukebox 3 to virtually any computer. And SB1394 connectivity means that you can connect with the latest IEEE1394 technology at up to 10 times the transfer speed of USB. Enjoy your music anytime, anywhere! Why settle for second class? You deserve the best -- NOMAD Jukebox 3.

Connect to everything audio

The NOMAD Jukebox 3 connects to everything audio. It works with PCs, stereos, and other devices to transfer, store, and record all of your favorite MP3 and WMA files. You can even use your NOMAD Jukebox 3 to store and transport other file types, too. So much power with so little effort: grab it, load it, and go!

Transfer music and other files in a flash with SB1394 and USB connectivity Transfer up to 10 times faster than USB with SB1394 (IEEE1394 compatible) technology Transfer music and other files in a flash with SB1394 and USB connectivity

Transfer up to 10 times faster than USB with SB1394 (IEEE1394 compatible) technology

Or transfer your songs and data with the popular USB found on almost any PC - the NOMAD® Jukebox 3 supports both!

Carry music, videos, documents and other files anywhere!

Find what you want faster with easy scroll wheel navigation Handy Find feature to locate any song, album or artist with easy alphabetic input.

Powerful icon-driven interface with intuitive scroll wheel navigation.

Convenient categorization of your collection by Artist, Album, and Genre.

Get the most of your music with EAX

Smart Volume Managementâ„¢

Matches volume from one song to the next - no more reaching for the volume control between songs. Also, automatically adjusts playback dynamics for the acoustics of different places such as "car," "train," or "plane."

Time Scaling

Speeds up or slows down your music without distortion or a change in pitch. Study music note by note or make spoken word recordings easier to understand.

Environmental Effects

Adds ambient environmental effects such as Concert Hall or Arena for enhanced realism.

Advanced EQ

Eight Equalizer presets enhance any song, whether Rock, Jazz, or Classical.

Multi-Channel Effects

Supports 4-channel 3D Audio with dual line out.