Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Subthread: Why Men Wont Commit #2...

dgmodel

see the question is always "why wont men commit?" however we never ask the question why do women want to commit?... now im sure there are some valid reasons why some men wont, and why some men will... and im sure all you ladies have heard them... however never once, has the question been flipped over... so at a pathetic attempt to understand women i ask this question... Ladies why is it imperative that you commit?

Footnote: For the record I am not a man who has fear of commitment actually its quite the opposite, i just havent found a women to commit to... but those of you who know me or read my posts/threads regularly already know this...

Originally posted by dgmodel

see the question is always "why wont men commit?" however we never ask the question why do women want to commit?... now im sure there are some valid reasons why some men wont, and why some men will... and im sure all you ladies have heard them... however never once, has the question been flipped over... so at a pathetic attempt to understand women i ask this question... Ladies why is it imperative that you commit?

thats whut im sayin ??

Footnote: For the record I am not a man who has fear of commitment actually its quite the opposite, i just havent found a women to commit to... but those of you who know me or read my posts/threads regularly already know this...

same

i dont get it... what are you saying Koky?

whut im sayin is ... i always ask myself the same thing ..why do these chicks want to commit so bad & so soon .. these are always (in most cases) the same chicks that usually end up wanting to get divorced 1st ... ive seen it many times over & over again.. when you let a relationship unfold the right way & take it slow, commitment will gradually happen without either of you noticeing... i believe this is the right way ... not just getting into your mind one day all of a sudden & say " hey , i wanna commitment " & force your partner into it ... it just wont work in the long run... just my honest opinion...

my wife (im just seperated now but working on the divorce ) is a perfect example... her sister got married & all of a sudden she felt she needed a commitment from me .. i said no at the time ..so whut

happens ?? she ends up leaving me cause i didnt feel ready to commit .. i loved her so much that i ended up kissing her ass& ended up comiting to her & got engaged... againt my will i might add.. but i loved her sooooo much i said "fuck it !" as soon as we got married shit went down hill.. we were having some money problems (not major but some) .... & one day she comes to me & says out of nowhere that we werent working out & she wanted to get a divorce ... just like that !!! just as easy as she wanted a commitment , she wanted a divorce... MEEEE the one who didnt want to get married was ready to stay with her no matter WHAT !!! see where im coming from now ?? shit is wierd yo !!

lol... (im not laughing at you but with you) i can relate to the same story... (eh fuck it...i was going to go into this whole in depth emotional story, however this isnt the time or the place to air my dirty laundry... but lets just leave it at that...)

lol... (im not laughing at you but with you) i can relate to the same story... (eh fuck it...i was going to go into this whole in depth emotional story, however this isnt the time or the place to air my dirty laundry... but lets just leave it at that...)

:laugh: yeah i agree , i got a little carried away there .... it just pisses me off so bad :mad: but hey , best thing to do IS laugh sometimes..:D

I think guys are afraid to commit, because if the do, they'll have to wonder if they are missing something "better" than who they have. Yet, once they don't have that person, they want them back, because they know it was a good thing.

As far as women, it's not fear of commiting, it's finding that one person that you want to be commited to...... i guess that kinda fits both sided, but I have actuallyheard guys say the above....:confused:

super! but the question was/is "Ladies why is it imperative that you commit?"

Maybe because if you find someone who makes you happy and knows when to say what, and all those other things that matter, you don't wanna let them go......

Better????

slightly...

Ok, how about this, yes playing the "game" is fun and has it's perks, but in the midst of this you find one person who seems to be exactly what you are looking for. Instead of continuing to play the field, you would rather focus on building a stronger bond with one special person vs spending time on one quality or what have you that you like about some of the others.....

Getting there yet???

would you say youre speaking for most girls,ladies,women? or just for yourself and personal experience... either way i applaud you for being the only girl,lady,woman on here to reply to this thread... whats fucked up is (possibly excluding you) is that most girls, ladies, women (not all MOST and the ones that i seem to encounter) dont really know what they want or why they want it... just they know to get angry and frustrated when we dont give it... blah etc... its the infinite chase... it seems as if dating is this never ending helix and most ppl want to commit just so they get out of the loop... and thats why they divorce, break up blah etc... because they went in with false expectations, false hope false promises... or maybe reasons totally dif. maybe fear of being alone maybe for procreation who knows... but bottom line is if you dont know why you want something i highly suggest you dont get it, or reevaluate why youre looking for it, since it would be just acting on a impulse... but if in fact youre some what complacent in your own life, and have committed to yourself! to succeed and fulfill your dreams wishes and aspirations THEN one, you, she, me, he are ready for a commitment... (does this make sense??? i dont know... i ve been in the sun all day and im cooking so i think the heat is getting to me...)

would you say youre speaking for most girls,ladies,women? or just for yourself and personal experience... either way i applaud you for being the only girl,lady,woman on here to reply to this thread... whats fucked up is (possibly excluding you) is that most girls, ladies, women (not all MOST and the ones that i seem to encounter) dont really know what they want or why they want it... just they know to get angry and frustrated when we dont give it... blah etc... its the infinite chase... it seems as if dating is this never ending helix and most ppl want to commit just so they get out of the loop... and thats why they divorce, break up blah etc... because they went in with false expectations, false hope false promises... or maybe reasons totally dif. maybe fear of being alone maybe for procreation who knows... but bottom line is if you dont know why you want something i highly suggest you dont get it, or reevaluate why youre looking for it, since it would be just acting on a impulse... but if in fact youre some what complacent in your own life, and have committed to yourself! to succeed and fulfill your dreams wishes and aspirations THEN one, you, she, me, he are ready for a commitment... (does this make sense??? i dont know... i ve been in the sun all day and im cooking so i think the heat is getting to me...)

uhhhhhhhhhhhh im totally speechless here bro:eek: :eek:

i couldnt of said it better myself:D :woah: :woah:

ok, for me personally, i am NOT one that has to commit...if anything, i usually run the other way :) but i am really, really picky--it is kinda a catch22 situation, i think, cause on the one hand, i would love to find that someone that i can build my life with, and when/if i find that someone that makes me happy, i am more than ready to commit...BUT, the problem is, everyone i seem to date, meet, whatever is not someone that i can see spending an extended amount of time with(for whatever various reasons)...so, for ME, i would rather be single and do my own thing :( than settle just for the sake of commitment, and some false sense of security. when i do date someone, i now take it super-slow and really find out about them instead of giving into my wishful thinking and jumping into a commitment i am going to run away from the next day :)

a little long, but since no one but spygirl stepped up, i figured i may as well :D

oh, btw...

i DO think that most women look for commitment because they equate it somehow with happiness, security, success, etc...we are raised(most of us) reading about dick and jane and learning that happiness is 2.5 kids and a loving husband, picket fence, great job, and all this by age 30(yeah, right! lol)....so, a lot of women jump at commitment cause they think it will accomplish this for them--sadly, it doesn't work that way...those false expectations DG was talking about :(

the infinite pursuit of happiness, is why some dont commit, and in the same vein why others do. either individual is looking for the one person that can make them eternally happy, but the only individual that can make you happy is yourself. why is that the same people that I encounter that go out of their way looking for love, relationships and commitments are the same individuals who hate their jobs, hate situations well hate is such a strong adjective but dislike their lifestyles. what is the correlation between the two? are they looking for a person to solve their problems or is it that misery just loves company? or are they addicted to the emphatic feeling of love? to say that there is only one correct reason why all people do look for love and commitments and relationships would be ridiculous, since every person is different in their own way. each person traveled a different journey to get to where they are at that point in their lives. whether happy or sad, angry or mad it leads them to the next road, to the next turning point which down the line leads them to happiness. whether we travel alone or with a partner is up to fate. you can fuck with fate. what will be will be what will not wont, the sooner we all relise this the sooner we get on with our lives and everything else falls into place.

Thanks..... I agree with Suthrnbelle, as lil girls we are "taught " to believe that being with one person equals security, happiness, etc....... I don't have a fear of commitment, or being single for that matter, but if there is something that I really want, then I will make the valient effort to go after it.......

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

oh, btw...

i DO think that most women look for commitment because they equate it somehow with happiness, security, success, etc...we are raised(most of us) reading about dick and jane and learning that happiness is 2.5 kids and a loving husband, picket fence, great job, and all this by age 30(yeah, right! lol)....so, a lot of women jump at commitment cause they think it will accomplish this for them--sadly, it doesn't work that way...those false expectations DG was talking about :(

i totally agree with this. however now a days, i know many friends of mine who are caught in a paradox : career vs. comitment (settling down) ALL before you get too old to mary. and its a cultural thing as well, depends where you are raised and what values are inserted in you. Some women who are better settled in their lives, feel that is the ultimate completion, to be comitted to the one you believe are in love with. I guess, it is part of their genes. Security in life for a woman is a must, but most women jump on ANY opportunity until they realize that they've made a mistake. I- for one will be very sure before i jump into any kind of commitment with anyone.

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

Thanks..... I agree with Suthrnbelle, as lil girls we are "taught " to believe that being with one person equals security, happiness, etc....... I don't have a fear of commitment, or being single for that matter, but if there is something that I really want, then I will make the valient effort to go after it.......

im curious though why only two girls replied to this thread when more then two right about commitments and relationships on here... wtf? i dont get it...

~~its not even that i want commitment per se as much as i want monogamy.....i dont want to know that my guy is fawking someone else b/c that i sjust disguting to me...i really dont want diseases that she got u know......the thing is monogamy is commitment i guess so that is why i want commitment.....i hope i answered the question :shades2: