Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone believe in tarot card/palm/fortune readings

I have a few friends who read shit for me throughout the years and it's really weird how they seem to always come up with things that happen...

There's an Albanian girl at my school, who, one night offered me some Turkish coffee. After I drank it (for anyone who's never tried it...it has the texture of mud), I flipped the cup over and let it dry for a few minutes. After this, she picked up the cup and read from it...told me the most freakiest shit that has happened one after another (ie. she said I'd meet a guy in a month...I did...that I'd be rolling in money soon...I am somewhat :D, etc).

2 weeks ago, while stuck in Hollywood, I met a guy who read my palm...and the shit he told me came out too.....

Does anyone believe in these things as well, or has tried them?

Originally posted by sassa

I have a few friends who read shit for me throughout the years and it's really weird how they seem to always come up with things that happen...

There's an Albanian girl at my school, who, one night offered me some Turkish coffee. After I drank it (for anyone who's never tried it...it has the texture of mud), I flipped the cup over and let it dry for a few minutes. After this, she picked up the cup and read from it...told me the most freakiest shit that has happened one after another (ie. she said I'd meet a guy in a month...I did...that I'd be rolling in money soon...I am somewhat :D, etc).

2 weeks ago, while stuck in Hollywood, I met a guy who read my palm...and the shit he told me came out too.....

Does anyone believe in these things as well, or has tried them?

yes i do... my friends mother is sylvia browne and she is on point... ive never had my palm read nor anything for that matter however i would love to...

No one has ever "predicted my future," so to speak, or at least my immediate future... however...

My Mom went to an astrologer that had been recommended by her coworkers... he did a little 5 minute mini-reading based on all of my information... it was freaky because the things he was saying about me, it was as if he were my best friend... and some things he knew, my best friend would not...

I have dabbled in Tarot cards and they are always on point... very freaky... one time we were just screwing around, and decided to pull up three cards each, and they would be like "our cards"... every single card I pulled described me to a tee, and it worked out for my friend as well...

People say that stuff like this is so generalized that it can apply to everyone but that's simply not true... in my experiences there have been way too many specifics that would just not apply to many other people.

my mother does the "coffee" readings as well - she's Cyprian...my sisters and i have certain "gifts" as well...it is definitely a maternal trait...either way, i believe in it to the extent that it accords to my philosphy on life - "it's all about energy"... people that claim to see the future are map readers, they are sensitive to current energy patterns and where they are leading...a true "sensitive" will tell you that you control your own destiny and can change these patterns...if you believe in what they have told you, you can help them by adding energy with thought, thus the term self-fulling prophecy...

...having been around it for so long, it's lost its sense of mysticism and surprise...but no matter what, i find it intriguing and entertaining...

Originally posted by phatman

my mother does the "coffee" readings as well - she's Cyprian...my sisters and i have certain "gifts" as well...it is definitely a maternal trait...either way, i believe in it to the extent that it accords to my philosphy on life - "it's all about energy"... people that claim to see the future are map readers, they are sensitive to current energy patterns and where they are leading...a true "sensitive" will tell you that you control your own destiny and can change these patterns...if you believe in what they have told you, you can help them by adding energy with thought, thus the term self-fulling prophecy...

...having been around it for so long, it's lost its sense of mysticism and surprise...but no matter what, i find it intriguing and entertaining...

Yes, i wholeheartedly agree.

My mother's ancestor's were gypsies who roamed throughout Europe, and my mom can read palms and pick up "weird vibes"

I do believe it has some truth :D

Oh yeah, and I get these weird psychic flashes sometimes... the thing is tho, they're about totally random and usually insignificant things... I'll think of something I haven't thought of in months, or even years... and I'll be like "hey I haven't thought aobut that in so long!" It could be something stupid like a song, and within three days I'll hear it on the radio... or if I think of a person, I'll get an email or a phone call from them.

I don't realize at the time that it's a psychic flash... but since I came to realize the pattern, I try to take note when I think of something like that... however, so far I have yet to have a flash regarding winning lotto numbers...

Originally posted by tastyt

Oh yeah, and I get these weird psychic flashes sometimes... the thing is tho, they're about totally random and usually insignificant things... I'll think of something I haven't thought of in months, or even years... and I'll be like "hey I haven't thought aobut that in so long!" It could be something stupid like a song, and within three days I'll hear it on the radio... or if I think of a person, I'll get an email or a phone call from them.

...again..for me, this is energy..thoughts, music, etc...

you are a sensitive creature...you can pick up on energy patterns...which can be fun at times...sometimes i can hear a song on the radio before i turn it on..or i can finish your thoughts word for word...

I don't believe in those that stand on the corner giving out flyers to their shops. But I've had very RANDOM encounters w/ strangers that would take my palm and read my fortune.

One of those encounters was in Puerto Rico at a bar, a man sat at our table and read all of our future/past. He was so accurate that my friend started to cried, freaked us out COMPLETLY.

I've only had one tarot reading years ago by my grandmother, accurate also.

But I can't see myself walking into a store w/ a neon hand sign on the window.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by barbiegirl

if you people believe this crap - then the only thing you should be reading is the BIBLE !!!

what are you saying? i cant decipher the msg or statment youre trying to convey... what do you mean? elaborate please...

Originally posted by phatman

elaborate...or i'll rip that statement to shreds...;)

Oh that could be interesting...but maybe later...

But tarot cards...they've been accurate, they've been completely off-center. It's hardly ever consistent.

It's easy to interpret meanings. But it's quite a bit harder to see everything completely objectively.

But tarot cards...they've been accurate, they've been completely off-center. It's hardly ever consistent.

The only time the cards are ever off for me is when I do something stupid, like reword the same question three times in a row or something... But other than that, every time I do them they relate somehow, and there's always a theme amongst the cards that are pulled...

It's easy to interpret meanings. But it's quite a bit harder to see everything completely objectively.

Absolutely. Just like anything in life. ;)