Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets get Alex Whalen back at Buzz!!!

malanee

i think there was thread about D:fuse at Buzz sometime ago n the Buzz biard. Apparently D:Fuses manager contacted Buzz to see the possibility of having him at Buzz and Buzz said no. As a consequence they later contacted Glow and Glow and D:Fuse reached an agreement and thats why he's there at Glow and not at Buzz.

Sucks monkey balls, I know.

Originally posted by vicman

i think there was thread about D:fuse at Buzz sometime ago n the Buzz biard. Apparently D:Fuses manager contacted Buzz to see the possibility of having him at Buzz and Buzz said no. As a consequence they later contacted Glow and Glow and D:Fuse reached an agreement and thats why he's there at Glow and not at Buzz.

Sucks monkey balls, I know.

This isn't true, according to Dustin. He doesn't have a special agreement with Glow - he just hasn't been able to book anything at Buzz, but would like to. Email Buzz and ask for both D:Fuse and Alex - that's what I did!

I guess tht in Whalens case its because hes no longer touring with Dave Ralph.

I still think that Buzz should get rid of a couple of those Fever reunion party's (were closing in on the the 6th Fever reunion in the year and its July, wtf?!?!) and have a couple of nights where all the featured dj's both in the front room, back room and patio are from DC.

Deep Dish

Saeed & Palash

BT

Alex Whalen

shadygroove

would be there on that night.....and i cat think of other at the moment.

Originally posted by malanee

This isn't true, according to Dustin. He doesn't have a special agreement with Glow - he just hasn't been able to book anything at Buzz, but would like to. Email Buzz and ask for both D:Fuse and Alex - that's what I did!

who on earth is dustin?

i heard him once after danny howells...

he was good...but not "OH MY GOD!! ALEX WHALEN!!!"

if he lost his gig it's obviously for a reason...

but showing him support will land him a job somewhere else...lets just hope to god he doesnt join panorama...

I thought Alex put on a good show, but not good enough for me to take the time a support him trying to find a job, you think he is going to e-mail my future job prospects and tell them "Oh yeah, the runner is a great guy, we all love him so much. Highly motivated and will alawys get the job done for you."

Guest jroo

no, but he'll probably say " that runner guy, he is so good that you dont even need to hold his ears to guide him, its like sucking dick is his passion in life" thats probably more along the lines of what he would say, but hell, maybe that could get you a job. im sure that you would like it in dupont.

Originally posted by jroo

no, but he'll probably say " that runner guy, he is so good that you dont even need to hold his ears to guide him, its like sucking dick is his passion in life" thats probably more along the lines of what he would say, but hell, maybe that could get you a job. im sure that you would like it in dupont.

Is this what happened to you when you put Dieselboy down as a reference?

Originally posted by highmay

if he lost his gig it's obviously for a reason...

Yeah the reason being he moved to San Francisco. So spinning at Buzz would require him to fly back here.

I, for one am going to show him my support. On the nights he was at Buzz, his set was the one I looked forward to the most.

And as for him losing his job - he didn't. He's still djing at other places around the country. I just want him back here in DC! :D

well his touring with dave ralph probably came to an end. eventually it had to. just like when d:fuse was starting out he toured with oakenfold, eventually that stopped, the same way marshmellow fluff was one of my 5 basic food groups growing up, evgentually that stopped also :(

Personally, Whalen's never done anything for me. If he didn't have access to all the tunes coming through Yoshi, I'd rank him average at best.

Out of the Yoshi crew, I'd give support to Patrick Mineo over Whalen. Really, that kid dropped a nice warmup set to Pappa on the Pre WMC night at Buzz.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Personally, Whalen's never done anything for me. If he didn't have access to all the tunes coming through Yoshi, I'd rank him average at best.

Out of the Yoshi crew, I'd give support to Patrick Mineo over Whalen. Really, that kid dropped a nice warmup set to Pappa on the Pre WMC night at Buzz.

I can attest to this. Patrick's set was quite solid I must say. As solid as therunner's dump after a night of drinking beers.