Clubplanet Nightlife Community

visiting NYC this weekend...need suggestions

Hi guys. My GF and I are going to be in NYC this thurs-sun. We're from California and never been to NYC before, and would like some suggestions on what clubs to check out on which nights. Mixed crowd, 21+. Whatever places are "the spot to be" or "where everyones at" is what we're looking for. Thanks!

Originally posted by brickhouse

The popular places round these parts seem to be Arc, Exit, or Roxy on Fridays, and Arc or Soundfactory on Saturdays.

Those are definitely "where everyone's at"... they aren't 21+ though... and be aware that Arc doesn't serve alcohol.

P.S. Where in California? I grew up in Sonoma County.

Centro-Fly is fun, if you're looking for something off the list of major venues, and it has the mixed 21+ crowd you mentioned. I know that Thursday is a "mystery guest dj" (but I'll give you the hint that he is part of The DJ List's current Top 10 DJ's in the world) and cover is $10 on list (which I have).

If you don't mind 18+ crowds then it might not hurt to check out some of the major venues like Exit and Roxy just to say you've been but Exit will be expensive Friday - $50 at the door for Oakenfold. Soundfactory Saturdays are pretty famous and always seem to pack it in - that's 21+ with Jonathan Peters...seems to be best for afterhours there.

Saturday if you are looking for a mainstream music kind of party (mixing house, hip hop and yada) with the 21+ mix and bigtime drinking crowd, check out Spa (I know someone with a list there if you want it)

Hmmmm what else...

Groovejet Friday - little downtown lounge space, featuring all underground producers for minimal price ($5 on list) with a 21+ crowd, really nice, laid back atmosphere.

And of course as everyone mentioned, Arc downtown, Danny Tenaglia spinning afterhours on Fridays are a must-do :)

Hope that helps.