Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Enough is Enough!!!!

Im sorry you guys but yes I see fault in different clubs in DC HOWEVER, cut this Buzz and GLOW bullshit..both cater to different crowds and different people..its really hurting the scene that DC has, you only have really these two main clubs besides The Edge and Five...the parties are on two different freaking nites for GOD SAKE! Its getting kind of old to hear the same old shit over and over, yes venues have their problems and Im sure some people dont like how Buzz runs things and how GLOW runs things, or deeply put maybe someone doesnt like how NATIONS or INSOMNIA run things, so then choose one and dont go then... period! If GLOW chooses to be shmoozy with their policies at times and require a certain dress code so be it, if that ruins their business thats on them, if you dont like it dont patronize it, I agree there happens to be issues their but thats like any other clubs including NYC, I know some people has issues with Nations security and how they are overbearing , you know what if you dont fuck up then you wont have to fucking worry about it! If I want to see a good dj ill go to the club regardless if its EXIT, Vinyl, World, Roxy etc, Its a shame to see how theres this pseudo boundary between the only two clubs that bring great talent to DC..If DC had a mayor like Guiliani there would be a shutdown of clubs because there is no civility and no unity..It would be very simple to break this scene especially under major attack.so come on people like i have said before and ill say it again just shut the fuck up and dance!!

My two cents

Thanks=)

CD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by patural9

rudy is not the mayor...

Buzz and glow are both retarded, and i still go to both every so often. :flame::knife::finger::bigfinge:

news flash, thanks for pointing that out that rudy isnt mayor, it was hypothetical situation, and rudy isnt mayor now but he was one of the toughest mayors cracking down on nightlife...

and im sorry when they were under attack, nyc promoters (which i must say are hard core and very different politics then dc) united , they didnt have to be "friends" but they were CIVIL!

Im not attacking you patural9 at all haha im just putting my two cents in because this is freaking getting out of hand

i have said my opinions on both clubs and what not but will never rip into a club and tell someone not to go there

:cool:

CD

I have to agree. I am from richmond and we have no scene and no djs that come into town. If i had half of what dc has I would be a better dj. Instead i struggle. Everyone should be glad they have something, because the US is no where near the rest of the world in clubbing. And with our government trying to shut down every place because of X, if any of these new laws go through there will be no scene anywhere. Support your scene, it may not last.

check out the bill S2633 that scratchapella posted to the board.

Jeff Scott -- out.

First - why is this a sticky? Is this the "official" stance of CP?

Second - we're all entitled to our opinions. That's really what this board is about. Some of us think Glow sucks, some of us don't think it sucks all that bad. Either way it isn't "hurting the scene" to express our opinions and warn potential clubbers of challenges they may face if they choose to go to Glow.

Although I disagree with the snobbery sometimes exhibited here regarding music and clubs - you can't ask people to stop giving their honest opinions.

My .02

Malanee

Originally posted by malanee

First - why is this a sticky? Is this the "official" stance of CP?

Second - we're all entitled to our opinions. That's really what this board is about. Some of us think Glow sucks, some of us don't think it sucks all that bad. Either way it isn't "hurting the scene" to express our opinions and warn potential clubbers of challenges they may face if they choose to go to Glow.

Although I disagree with the snobbery sometimes exhibited here regarding music and clubs - you can't ask people to stop giving their honest opinions.

My .02

Malanee

response: why is a sticky a sticky anyway....? because Im making a point just like a put Scratch's post a sticky, it is people's opinions to voice what they feel, as an employee of CP and a moderator i think that I should moderate the extent of bashing..and first and foremost this should have nothing to do with GLOW or nothing to do with BUZZ and if you feel that its not hurting the scene then why is their division??

ALSO THERES a difference between honest opinions and going to far, no one here seems to have a problem except for you :confused: obviously shady didnt take it to heart and hes given GLOW another asshole, and this isnt a personal attack its a statement

Thanks have a super day :)

CD

Originally posted by chynado11

response: why is a sticky a sticky anyway....? because Im making a point just like a put Scratch's post a sticky, it is people's opinions to voice what they feel, as an employee of CP and a moderator i think that I should moderate the extent of bashing..and first and foremost this should have nothing to do with GLOW or nothing to do with BUZZ and if you feel that its not hurting the scene then why is their division??

ALSO THERES a difference between honest opinions and going to far, no one here seems to have a problem except for you :confused: obviously shady didnt take it to heart and hes given GLOW another asshole, and this isnt a personal attack its a statement

CD

You have a super day too! You are a GREAT moderator! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

Runner started it. :(

Just one thing to add. Will you be posting a "Chynadoll's Dump" sticky post? Eggmok has one, and I think you should have one too.

ill make a note of your suggestion shady :D

Originally posted by malanee

You have a super day too! You are a GREAT moderator! :rolleyes:

Why thanks Malanee, id thought you say something very nice like that

No need to take bitterness out just look its such a nice day to spoil it

Cheers!

CD

I like the stickies. Especially if you'll put up a "Chynadoll's Dump" sticky like Eggmok did for himself.

And I can't help being a snob. I was born with this mentality that I am always right and everyone else is always wrong. And 99.9% of the time, it has turned out that I am indeed correct, while everyone else has been incorrect. So I will continue the snobbery until proven otherwise. :D

speaking of stickies, i just ran out of them in my office...or someone ransacked my sticky supply. i vow to hunt down the responsible party and make them pay :mad:

of course, if the responsible party is a cute girl, then i will have to examine other alternative methods of making the sticky bandit pay :D

Why thanks Malanee, id thought you say something very nice like that

No need to take bitterness out just look its such a nice day to spoil it

Cheers!

You are ever so welcome Chynado11! You don't know how much your opinion means to each and every one of us on this board! Thanks for posting as often as you do!

Mwah!

Originally posted by sauvee88

So I'm jumping in late..... but.......

Seeing as how you're going to moderate the bashing..... does that mean you will moderate our joy at certain events?? Our like of certain places? If you're going to moderate our disgust of one particular place then you really should be fair and moderate all our posts.... if it's inappropriate then don't allow it to be posted. It was my understanding that this was a message board dedicated to the discussion of clubs, nightlife, music, etc..... everyone is entitled to their own opinions.... that's what makes this such a wonderfull country.

Some people may not have taken offense and some may have, but do not bring in the fact that you're "moderator" in to the equation or you should post the rules for posting first and foremost.... if we're not allowed to elaborate our opinions on certain places in a particular fashion then we should be forewarned.....

And speaking of places we continually bash - why didn't Dream make the cut?? Perhaps cause you have no vested interest in the place.

Yes this got a little personal, but your post really annoyed me... I'm allowed to speak my mind - I'm American. I live here cause it's the greatest place in the world - I know I've been just about everywhere else. So the next time you get all "high and mighty" perhaps you should take a step back and rethink your post before you post it??

My $.02

And another thing, I'm sure Buzz and Glow have heard it all before.... They're in the entertainment industry, if they didn't want feedback then they should get out. Granted not all of it is constructive....... but perhaps they can take a little bit from it and make changes.... prime example: our bitching about the line at Carol Cox - Buzz made a change and it works just fine now.

ok well for one i do moderate all your posts as this seems to be the one that needs attention, they are both working with CP so I think that the extent of the bashing should be kept at a minimum, one question why should I moderate a post that has "joy" in it haha...anyways

this is dedicated to discussions which clearly this thread has caused opinions, purpose created...wow its really strange how i put im a moderator and that sticks out like a sore thumb, when i have been a moderator for a while this is no new news, also let me add i have interjected about guestlists and promotions on here before, hmm, also I work for CP so that sheds a whole new light on the picture doesnt it? anyhow it was a statement about DC's scene point blank,

bitching about Buzz's line and tearing apart a club to entirety are two completely seperate things, if someone were posting that about Buzz would u be quick to try and demean me? hmmm goes to show you the tactics of some people

and to Malanee, if you dont like my comments dont respond, simple enough, as you say people are entitled to their own opinions right?

Ok bye!!

Cheers

Originally posted by sauvee88

Well we ALL know you're a moderator, hell it says it in the left hand corner above the thread display page...... and I've been on long enough to know that point blank. But you brought it up so it was open for criticism.... if you weren't ready for it then don't bring it up. Yes I know you work for CP. I know you do get guest list and stuff for us, thanks - but that wasn't what this thread was about - now was it??

This thread is about opinions right?? You voiced yours, now let us voice ours.

well i am REINSTATING the reason why I posted the original post which was QUESTIONED by Malanee, so I answered, what is there to criticize about someone being a moderator if you already knew, please read all posts closely before trying to jump in and say im trying to be high and mighty < NO One brought that point out but you, so dont try and switch it around and make me seem like Im the one who is personally attacking, you made this into your own personal attack, NOTE: haha as for voicing opinions im letting you do just that right? who is restraining from voicing opinions i think that you have a problem with me voicing mine..

bye