Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Painfully Shy

marcid21

Shyness is such a hard thing to overcome...

I'm normally ok with groups of friends, and even one on one...but then when it's time to talk to someone I'm actually attracted to...it's like the lights go out, and I'm left alone there in the dark sputtering mindless nonsense!

...what kills me is that I'm missing out on something...or at least that's how I feel...And I know if I could just muster up the courage, I'd be fine...

...so how do i do that? Muster up the courage? Any takers on this one? :(

you have to realize there is nothing to lose...no pride, no shame...better to walk away knowing than to live in ignorance...

just think about those words the next time this happens...what are you REALLY afraid of...break that down and you should come to NOTHING...and go for it..

the more you do it, the better you'll get at it, the more comfortable you'll get...and you'll find yourself thinking...what the hell was i worried about all this time...

hmmm what helped me to get over my shyness with girls was going out on every saturday afternoon for 6 weeks and approaching every hot piece of ass i saw (and that were a lot btw :laugh: ) with "hi" and a smile.

lol with the first 10 girls or so i did not even follow up cause i couldn´t think of something to say cause i was so nervous, but believe me it gets easier and easier till it gets automatic.

do the same, go out (doesn´t even have to be at night, malls/streets in the afternoon will do) and just TALK to people, ask for the time, comment on something they´re looking at, make comments on your surroundings, etc. if you want, ONLY talk to males you are physically attracted to. if they are not interested, so what? it´s not that you have anything to lose or that you will see him EVER again, and maybe even the first guy you chat up is the one you´ve been searching for and you have to search no more.

then again, you probably don´t want to change your situation and just want some emotional support from the board. another of these mystique things about women: they ASK for solutions but actually WANT emotional support

I get painfully shy as well when im around someone that I like. My eyes sort of never actually meet that persons, and if I they do I tend to stare away somewhere else. I get over my shyness by just being myself and not expecting anything, that usually helps!

Originally posted by tastey

hmmm what helped me to get over my shyness with girls was going out on every saturday afternoon for 6 weeks and approaching every hot piece of ass i saw (and that were a lot btw :laugh: ) with "hi" and a smile.

lol with the first 10 girls or so i did not even follow up cause i couldn´t think of something to say cause i was so nervous, but believe me it gets easier and easier till it gets automatic.

do the same, go out (doesn´t even have to be at night, malls/streets in the afternoon will do) and just TALK to people, ask for the time, comment on something they´re looking at, make comments on your surroundings, etc. if you want, ONLY talk to males you are physically attracted to. if they are not interested, so what? it´s not that you have anything to lose or that you will see him EVER again, and maybe even the first guy you chat up is the one you´ve been searching for and you have to search no more.

then again, you probably don´t want to change your situation and just want some emotional support from the board. another of these mystique things about women: they ASK for solutions but actually WANT emotional support

I agree! :idea:

I have clients coming into my office the whole time, and I see the guy looking down the floor, is leg is moving up and down... so I keep a new kind of candies on my desk, right now it's those altoids sour leamon things, and break the tension by telling them check this out....

Originally posted by marcid21

Shyness is such a hard thing to overcome...

I'm normally ok with groups of friends, and even one on one...but then when it's time to talk to someone I'm actually attracted to...it's like the lights go out, and I'm left alone there in the dark sputtering mindless nonsense!

...what kills me is that I'm missing out on something...or at least that's how I feel...And I know if I could just muster up the courage, I'd be fine...

...so how do i do that? Muster up the courage? Any takers on this one? :(

. . . Story of my life . . . :( . . .

I used to be soooooo shy, then I started performing in high school tht helped I mean after putting yourself in front of hundreds of people what does one matter

then I started clubbing I wasn't confident in the club scene till after my first roll I don't know why but now even my sober nights I'll go up to people

but as far as being interested I'm not that confident with my appearance I know everyone can say that's ridiculous but so much about meeting people in the club scene is based on looks it's cool when you just start talking for some random reason, but I could never just walk across a room and introduce myself

in the end you just do have to look at it as though you've got nothing to lose worse comes to worse you'll either make a friend or the experience will be a funny story to tell your friends about