Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BF's or GF's with the same interests???

marcid21

mine is more in the scene than i am ... but i always said i wouldn't get involved with anybody in the scene, and up until i met my current guy i would never have done it. he just pushed and pushed and next thing ya know i was in love.

i will say that it's really nice having things in common to talk about, and shared musical interest, etc., but at the same time there are down sides as well, like when they go out without you, or if you break up, you both want to hang out at the same places with the same people.

Originally posted by djjonmartin

i will say that it's really nice having things in common to talk about, and shared musical interest, etc., but at the same time there are down sides as well, like when they go out without you, or if you break up, you both want to hang out at the same places with the same people.

I gotta agree with that......

i definitely want someone who enjoys the scene as much as i do, b/c it is hard to reconcile with someone who doesn't understand...though, i want someone who can blockbuster night with me too :) a nice balanced guy for me!! :D

and i agree with the "it sucks when you break up and you have to see each other out" part...:(

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

i definitely want someone who enjoys the scene as much as i do, b/c it is hard to reconcile with someone who doesn't understand...though, i want someone who can blockbuster night with me too :) a nice balanced guy for me!! :D

and i agree with the "it sucks when you break up and you have to see each other out" part...:(

I definately agree with this, I would like a guy who likes the scene. its hard to explain and defend yourself to someone who doesnt know. my now ex still questions why i goto clubs, and actually said to me "doesnt it get boring?" So, yes, a nice balanced guy is great. :tongue:

I would have to agree with everyone else. I would like to have my guy just as much in the scene as I am. Both of us could enjoy going out together, bring both of our group of friends together to have a oood time and just chill. Plus, there isn't any arguing about why I'm going here or there ;)

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

yes yes...I agree...to me, it feels like there's an actual gap when your sig. other has no clue what is going on, or what you're talking about, when you're referring to the scene. It's one thing for them to take an interest in your interestsand ask ques, but it's another to dismiss it all together.

but...I'm also a snuggler...and like nites at home where we can just lay around and do "nothing" :tongue:;):tongue:

I'm sure it sucks if things don't work out...but things always seem to have a way of blowing over quickly in our universe...

been there, done that it's only because the person had such a similar lifestyle that I could have a committed relationship with him I think when you're with someone who doesn't go dancing or isn't even into what we listen to, they just see you going out all the time without them or they think that you're going to hookup etc

but it is definitely hard when you break up you just have to try to be a strong person and realize that if you had so much in common to have a relationship they are important enough to try to be friends with

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaa im gonna have to agree with that.... :blank: :worry2:

It would be nice to date someone who is into the 'scene' but that is only half of it. It is very difficult to find a person with whom you cn share all your interets with, but finding someone with similar interests from the start is not easy nor it is neccessary. A lot of couples will build interests based on their relationship, they will learn from each other. It is just a question of finding that person who you are compatible with. I've been looking, it is hard to find. Good luck to all!

Sheeit, my GF totally got me into the scene right after we started dating! It's been really great, going out and seeing the venues and meeting the people and DJ's with her. Now I go out more often than her and I've been meeting more people and reading all of her books about the history of DJing and clubs and buying and burning CDs. Now we're to the point where we're both into the same thing AND we can learn off each other.

I'm more into the dancing and song knowledge and she's more into knowing the DJ's personaliites and higher end dance music culture politics.

It's really great. Some nights we go out together and try to be platonic around our combined group of friends and then we'll take off for a secluded half hour of dancing while looking at each other or a private chillout break. Other nights I'll get home just in time to go to sleep with her right before she gets up to start her day. I've got a lot of going out to do before I catch up with her level of experience.

I would have to say our relationship would be different if one of us didn't go out like that and didn't understand the scene. Don't spend much time wondering about that since it's not the case.

I've been doing this for way too long to be able to date someone who's not into the scene. For nearly three years I dated someone who didn't like to go out- mind you, we met at a club, but his philosophy was that you only go to clubs to meet someone. It was one of the big points of contention in our relationship. Never again!

i dont really care these days. of course i want someone openminded who will come out with me if there is somethng interesting to do but i dont need someone who is more interested in seeing some dj than having a nice dinner 1 on 1 with me. ;)

mine is more in the scene than i am ... but i always said i wouldn't get involved with anybody in the scene, and up until i met my current guy i would never have done it. he just pushed and pushed and next thing ya know i was in love.

If you are in a relationship and thinking about who gets the friends when you break up...Why are you in the relationship to begin with??

Originally posted by therunner

If you are in a relationship and thinking about who gets the friends when you break up...Why are you in the relationship to begin with??

lmao... I was wondering the same exact thing... :laugh2: