Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie's Tracklisting @ Exit

djaimin

Ok......you people have no taste in music at all......Oakenfold is the #1 DJ in the world, how are you gonna say that he plays crap and has bad mixes???.......you probably have no idea how to even turn a turntable on, his mixes are so tight its unfathomable......he is the master of trance music......go sit at roxy and listen to that horrible music they play.....the only dj that can step up to oakey is Tiesto......i learn you on this, get a taste of music before you open your mouth.....

as for the original purpose i dont know exact track listing but here a few songs that he played

Southern sun

Mauro Piccotto-Lizard

CJ Ballad-The Prophet

Tiesto & Junkie XL - Obsession

Dirty Vegas-Days go by(not sure why)

:blown:

I really wanna hear why Oakenfold sucks??????????...............hey mangledx....the old stuff is what makes the show, oh and do you DJ???..........i garuntee you dont because your taste in music is terrible..........and sweetie, if you liked TIESTO, i have news for you they play almost all of the same songs, you should look into that one.............

Paul Oakenfold has a near impeccable sense of timing and taste. As a producer, DJ, remixer and head of Perfecto Records, he's been the driving force behind the creation of various musical genres. Paul has got himself into the perfect position. He can be in the studio one week producing a tune and be playing the result to 100,000 people a couple of days later, and then release it on his own record label. In terms of DJ-ing itself he's done it all from headlining the Glastonbury mainstage to playing at technically spooky venues in Bombay and China.

He's promoted his sound, trance, slowly yet surely via well planned tours of America and elsewhere, a two-year residency at Cream, and by doing some excellent Essential Mixes for Radio 1. He is now a kind of DJ ambassador for Radio 1, his enviable brief is to play the best music to be broadcast from some of the most exotic locations in the world.

Paul first opened the doors of his own label Perfecto in 1990. But with the worldwide growing popularity of trance now confirmed as a 21st century phenomenon, this label is more relevant than ever. Building on the enormous chart success of house act Planet Perfecto and Paul’s own projects, Perfecto is trance’s hottest new millennium brand name.

As well as a vehicle for Paul’s music – and an albumful of his is due in early 2002 – Perfecto is developing into a home for an international dance roster of unequalled up and coming talent, all proof that Paul’s globe-trotting DJ career provides an outlet for his A&R signing skills.

German multi-genre stepper Timo Maas has signed an album deal with the label. Acts with late-2001 singles on Perfecto include Argentina’s Hernan Cattaneo, Nilo from Italy, Texan D:Fuse, New Yorker Harry “Choo Choo†Romero, Flash from Israel, Manchester duo Konkrete, and the trance buzz act of the moment, Russia’s PPK.

Originally posted by heatboy05

Basically what I am trying to get out is that is only your opinion like sweetie said.....you don't like that genre of music so don't knock it......his mixes are amazing.....thats something no one can take away from him........

by the way dude, thats what were all here for, to express our opinions and listen to feedback.:argue2:

I got it off the Perfecto website..........dude I know I just don't like hearing that Oakey sucks, because from the DJ aspect of it, his mixes are amazing and his ability to get the crowd going is ridiculous.....its basically his talent, he has a lot of it and you should respect him atleast, im not saying like him.......it is impossible to like every DJ out there because its just what kind of music you are into........

Originally posted by heatboy05

I got it off the Perfecto website..........dude I know I just don't like hearing that Oakey sucks, because from the DJ aspect of it, his mixes are amazing and his ability to get the crowd going is ridiculous.....its basically his talent, he has a lot of it and you should respect him atleast, im not saying like him.......it is impossible to like every DJ out there because its just what kind of music you are into........

I always respect his abilities, but he bombed the night at cpi's.....the savior of the night was ojeda....but the point being is you don't come to NY.....as a world famous dj and play a shitty 2 hour set.....as far as respecting him, he could have made a average night absolutely insane....but he couldn't deliver....oh well...now he can deal with the fans bashing his sets.....

I was there at Exit this past Saturday and I went with the same enthusiasm, "I'm going to go see the world's #1 dj". Maybe I expected too much, because I left thinking there was something missing.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time, the crowd was really into it, and music was pounding. However there were a couple of things that annoyed me.

1) Why did he walk away from the turntable after putting the record on? That to me was very uncharacteristic of a dj. It was almost as if he didn't want to get the vibe from the audience. There were a few songs that he really got into and it was great, but for the majority of his set he just put on the records.

2) Why play the cheese? There are so many great new songs out there, why play dirty vegas?

I personally think oakie has past his prime and what pushed him over was investing time into other projects like movies. I'm afraid that he spends less time keeping up with the club scene.

Junior Vasquez suffered a similar slump, but I think he's making his way back up. I hope oakie does.