Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you give in to temptation a lot?

georgym

1 : the act of tempting or the state of being tempted especially to evil : ENTICEMENT

2 : something tempting : a cause or occasion of enticement

Even if it's going to nip you in the bud, sometimes temptation for something is a good thing.

Either when a loved one is gone, or you're just curious about someone else, temptation is always there.

For instance, you all know my issues with smurfette. Well, before she left for Italy for a month to study abroad, we smoothed things out, but they're still icey.

I have had temptation knock at my door a few times, and tried to stay strong. But im afraid one of these days, im just going to give in.

Could that be a bad thing:confused:

Wait a second here, Papa Smurf, did you just say Smurfette is only going to be gone for a month??? :confused:

Anyway, I think the best way to deal with temptation is to consider the possible consequences of your actions, and to weigh the short-lived satisfaction you will gain from indulging, against any possible repurcussions. What, in the long run, will make you the happiest?

Nah, first you need to decide if it's going to hurt anybody else. If it's going to hurt somebody else, it's also going to come back and hurt you eventually. either through reprocussions that the involved parties will take, or when you admit to yourself that what you did was wrong.

The only way to safely give into temptation is if you take the time to remove the ties that define the difference between giving into impulses or simply making a good decision.

Can I get a bump if you think this makes sense to you?

. . Is temptation a bad thing? . . .

. . . Well . . .kinda look at it this way . . . :smoke: . .

. . . Temptation is a base human emotion . . . therefore we all feel it . . .

. . . So . . right . . . bear with me . . The soul has a dark part right . . And it sometimes wants to leap out at you . . . Ya know? . . :smoke: . . It's all about the buried nastiness . . . The stuff, that no matter how good your life is, there's something that is ALWAYS outta line . .

. . . Something that always seems out of place . . . And, I don't want yall to think that I'm just hating on people who seem happy . . . I think EVERYONE has that one thing that always creeps up and irks them . . Something that drives you to do more to better yourself . . .

. . You don't necessarily obsess . . but you do work to move away from it . . . ya dig? . . . :smoke: . . .

. . . K . . . so . . .

. . YOU want to know what to do about temptation, huh? . . . WEll . . . look at it this way . . .

. . . Sometimes, JUST sometimes . . we . . .as animals . . have the need . . . the NEED . . to feel at extreme . . TO drink, eat, snort, and fuck to such a delerious excess, that almost no atonement would free us from it's guilt . . .

. . . The key is . . . the TEST . . IS being human enough to resist, when opportunity presents itself . . .

. . . Know this though . . . if you feel the pull in the first place . . . One time . . you're gonna cave . . and in certain things . . . that's OK . . .

. . . 'cause we all need, right? . . . We All Need . . .

. . To deny it, is to live in agony . . . So weigh your girl with your needs . . and whichever one is worth more, go with it . . . 'cause in a relationship, a serious one at least . . , her needs are to be taken into account . . .

. . . and she don't need to be cheated on . .

. . ya dig? . . . :smoke: . .

I am a sucker for temptation...Sex, drugs, Booze, skipping work, whatever. But I always make sure that what I do won't hurt someone else. So if I am in a relationship and sex is offered, I will say no. That doens't mean that I am kicking myself in the head for saying no, but I won't let the other person get hurt for my selfishness.

Originally posted by therunner

I am a sucker for temptation...Sex, drugs, Booze, skipping work, whatever. But I always make sure that what I do won't hurt someone else. So if I am in a relationship and sex is offered, I will say no. That doens't mean that I am kicking myself in the head for saying no, but I won't let the other person get hurt for my selfishness.

Good Answer :aright:

I'll try to remember this. Im not sure if what im in is a committed relationship or not, so until i know, i'm just going to play it safe :)

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . Is temptation a bad thing? . . .

. . . Well . . .kinda look at it this way . . . :smoke: . .

. . . Temptation is a base human emotion . . . therefore we all feel it . . .

. . . So . . right . . . bear with me . . The soul has a dark part right . . And it sometimes wants to leap out at you . . . Ya know? . . :smoke: . . It's all about the buried nastiness . . . The stuff, that no matter how good your life is, there's something that is ALWAYS outta line . .

. . . Something that always seems out of place . . . And, I don't want yall to think that I'm just hating on people who seem happy . . . I think EVERYONE has that one thing that always creeps up and irks them . . Something that drives you to do more to better yourself . . .

. . You don't necessarily obsess . . but you do work to move away from it . . . ya dig? . . . :smoke: . . .

. . . K . . . so . . .

. . YOU want to know what to do about temptation, huh? . . . WEll . . . look at it this way . . .

. . . Sometimes, JUST sometimes . . we . . .as animals . . have the need . . . the NEED . . to feel at extreme . . TO drink, eat, snort, and fuck to such a delerious excess, that almost no atonement would free us from it's guilt . . .

. . . The key is . . . the TEST . . IS being human enough to resist, when opportunity presents itself . . .

. . . Know this though . . . if you feel the pull in the first place . . . One time . . you're gonna cave . . and in certain things . . . that's OK . . .

. . . 'cause we all need, right? . . . We All Need . . .

. . To deny it, is to live in agony . . . So weigh your girl with your needs . . and whichever one is worth more, go with it . . . 'cause in a relationship, a serious one at least . . , her needs are to be taken into account . . .

. . . and she don't need to be cheated on . .

. . ya dig? . . . :smoke: . .

WooooW :eek::woah:

I used to give in to temptation all the time!! I often wouldn't care who i hurt because i was too "caught up in the moment"...but now...me & my boyfriend just hit 1 year I don't even care to talk to other guys anymore...when I'm out with my friends I don't even comment on a good looking guy anymore....b4 I would cheat & indulge in temptation whenever I felt like it...now I couldn't imagine being with anyone else...yea i know :puke: LOL SO DON'T GIVE IN BECAUSE YOU MIGHT REGRET IT LATER!!

Originally posted by therunner

ditto