Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boston Club Scene: Fresh Appraisals?

metafriction

I'm back to Boston this summer after many years away. Have been spoiled by by the NY club scene (which despite all its pretentiousness and catatonias I still find plenty to enjoy about), and am already feeling oppressed by what appears to be the complete lack of partying gusto among my Bostonian peers. In the City my favorite places were Vinyl, Baktun, Centro-Fly (at least several months ago), and Filter 14. Apart from Avalon, which, sure, I'll drop by on the occasions they feature DJs I like, what other spots should I check out?

Originally posted by prplhz

Unfortunetly, there really aren't many other good clubs that feature Avalon caliber DJ's. Plenty of bars but not much on the club scene...:(

That's okay... what about some chill dance clubs with decent music and good-looking, laid-back people? Emphasis on dancing, rather than lounging.

Originally posted by a1wave

phoenix landing in cambridge on wed is good for dancing .. it's not a club per se.. but it's a good spot...

sigh....I'm so glad DC is close by. I don't have any trouble finding great dancespots at all. We've got lots.