• Sober
    • Drunk
    • Baked
    • Rollin'
    • Lickin'
    • Some of this and some of that
    • With my shirt off
    • With my pants off

werd. i find a bit funny how a standard meathead just stands there, or how some people that are rolling hardcore just sway their hands ..which of course brings the question of dancing technique and the way people dance..my patented move is of course, "the worm"

I can only pick one? I dance best mildly buzzed. But I enjoy the whole experience more when I'm rolling and/or other stuff.

On the whole - I pay more attention to the music when I'm sober. But I'm not always interested in doing a fully sober critique of the DJ. I'm much more interested in the experience as a whole.

i saw this exact same survey about two months after i joined cp :D ! the answer is still the same - sober. well, i dance well when a little fucked up, but it's in a different way. i think i'd have to see tape of myself to really know. but once i'm really jacked up, while glued to the dancefloor, i'm not nearly as amazingly impressive as i usually am ;):tongue: .

o, and as a side note, you didn't say what i would be hypothetically lickin' ;) .

I'm gonna say sober. Its rare that I drink when I dance (Friends don't let friends dance drunk, right Meg? :) ) I don't roll that often either. So....

This helps in avoiding other potentially dangerous situatons such as thinking someone is attractive when they are SO not attractive

:rolleyes:

i don't like rolling at clubs at all. i go to dance, and when i roll i don't/can't dance, so... :>

i dance best when i have friends nearby, but lots of room to move... and when i'm hydrated. i push myself sometimes and forget that my body needs its fluids replaced.

Sober or drunk, I can do it all. but it all depends on the music of course. I dance sooo much better to some good house laced with funk in it. Last friday was a good example. I was really feeling scot henry's set. Back me up on this one crank...nourish. :) . I just realized that I can't dance to progressive as well as I can to house. Then again, house is my wife and progressive is my mistress. :D

Originally posted by wideskies

i dance best when i have friends nearby, but lots of room to move...

well said!!! i dance SO much better when my friends are around, 'cause i'm having fun being with them and am less self-conscious (although i'm not that self-conscious a dancer). i guess what i mean by that is that i feel more comfortable workin' it ;) when they're around 'cause i feel safe. (i'm lucky to have guy friends to go dancing with!)

i know many will frown on this, but i remember dancing a lot better with "some of this, some of that". . .movements just seem to flow. . . the music engulfs you in a different way. . .and for endurance, supplements are a must. (how else do you think kids dance for 12 hours straight? definitely not from just vodka and red bull) :rolleyes:

*sigh* but my weak/tweaked out heart cannot take it any of that anymore. so now, the right music is my only stimulant. :tongue:

Originally posted by scratchapella

i know many will frown on this, but i remember dancing a lot better with "some of this, some of that". . .movements just seem to flow. . . the music engulfs you in a different way. . .and for endurance, supplements are a must. (how else do you think kids dance for 12 hours straight? definitely not from just vodka and red bull) :rolleyes:

*sigh* but my weak/tweaked out heart cannot take it any of that anymore. so now, the right music is my only stimulant. :tongue:

I don't frown on that :D

i think what scratch is referring to here is the so-called "zone." Fine line between this "zone" and being totally fucked up if you ask me, and for that matter a fine line between bineg in the "zone" and not being in the "zone" because one didnt take enough "supplements."

For all this zone differs. Strange little feller, this "zone." Hidden away from us, we seek it. Once we find it, sometimes we take advantadge of it and ruin it by combining our little friend with other friends all too soon and we pay the consequences, by ending up just swaying and lightly moving you arms up and down and have the indecency of calling that aforementioned movement "dancing" while in reality we are just totally fucked up.

Mystery that shall remain as such. This zone catches you when you least expect it. Trapped in it, you live in your own little world, where everyting is perfect...happy...joyful...please excuse me, i'm having a moment........:eek: