Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boston Flyers

kaydup

Ya know what I notice about Boston, and it might just be me here. But I have never seen a really good flyer. Have any of you??

I have some sick ones that are on my desk from old Limelight parties and Twilo. But, not once have I picked up a flyer here and said that it is sick.

Just a little ? for ya all

MUCH agreed. I love collection flyers from all the clubnights I go to. Avalon/Axis has to be the worst. I mean, the graphics and artwork are among the BEST i've seen...but the format of them is horrbile. Some of them are huge folded up posters.....the one thats out now for Max Graham/DD/Satoshi is lame. The Axis ones are small and redundant. There has to be a better flyer producer they can submit their work to.

The best flyers I've seen are Aria (montreal)....but is there anything that club isn't the best at ???

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

This has to be the best flyer I've seen in a long, long time. I could care less about the artwork, I just want something that's cool and grabs my attention (if it's artwork, then that's fine, but I think this does a much better job!)

filter-20020711.jpg

Yeah Filter has some good ones, they had one that was a plane ticket that was cool too

Originally posted by kaydup

Yeah Filter has some good ones, they had one that was a plane ticket that was cool too

Yeah, Filter is like the NaughtyBooth grazing grounds. Everyone over there lives at that place.

We could REALLY use a Filter-type place in Boston. More laid back than a typical club, but with a good sound system and room for dancing. Plus good weeknight parties. Unfortunately a club like this in Boston would fail miserably :(

Yeah, Filter is like the NaughtyBooth grazing grounds. Everyone over there lives at that place.

We could REALLY use a Filter-type place in Boston. More laid back than a typical club, but with a good sound system and room for dancing. Plus good weeknight parties. Unfortunately a club like this in Boston would fail miserably :(

You would have like Noca, the place we were hanging before D and D

This has to be the best flyer I've seen in a long, long time. I could care less about the artwork, I just want something that's cool and grabs my attention (if it's artwork, then that's fine, but I think this does a much better job!)

filter-20020711.jpg

that is a good flyer but it's not suitable as a club flyer. I like the humor in it but i'm just grossed out that there is meat in the backround and the fact that its for a club night doesnt help. Meat...club:rolleyes: . If anything Airline Industries (designs BUZZ flyers) is a really prestigious design firm. They go easy on the 3-d work, and their use of Type along with images and photography meshes really well.

i think its a cool flyer, yeah sure in marketing and design class they will say its crap because the typography is to small and people wont know what to read first and all the b.s. about the quadrants and shit, but to hell with it. if it gets your attention then it works.

they couldve put fish or poultry, sme deal, i dont care, looks cool gets my attention i'm reading the info on it. plus it also depends on your budget for promotional stuff etc.

Originally posted by vicman

i think its a cool flyer, yeah sure in marketing and design class they will say its crap because the typography is to small and people wont know what to read first and all the b.s. about the quadrants and shit, but to hell with it. if it gets your attention then it works.

they couldve put fish or poultry, sme deal, i dont care, looks cool gets my attention i'm reading the info on it. plus it also depends on your budget for promotional stuff etc.

Actually, the type is the perfect size for it since it it mimicking a label for packaged meat. I'm just saying that sometimes you have to be becareful about choosing your images is all. You don't want to unintentionally convey the wrong message.

Originally posted by teamj5

MUCH agreed. I love collection flyers from all the clubnights I go to. Avalon/Axis has to be the worst. I mean, the graphics and artwork are among the BEST i've seen...but the format of them is horrbile. Some of them are huge folded up posters.....the one thats out now for Max Graham/DD/Satoshi is lame. The Axis ones are small and redundant. There has to be a better flyer producer they can submit their work to.

The best flyers I've seen are Aria (montreal)....but is there anything that club isn't the best at ???

What is up with the big posters!? LOL where am I suppose to put it? LOL.. i collect all the fliers i get from clubs and everything, i just need a way to put them all together, i need to get one of those sticky like foto albums. Are there alot of oppurtunities to create fliers and stuff for clubs? anyone know?

Originally posted by etoilesuper

What is up with the big posters!? LOL where am I suppose to put it? LOL.. i collect all the fliers i get from clubs and everything, i just need a way to put them all together, i need to get one of those sticky like foto albums. Are there alot of oppurtunities to create fliers and stuff for clubs? anyone know?

I just keep all mine in a box...havent found a good way to store them yet. Best club collectible I have are my Twilo waterbottles :)

i dont even read em anymore....

i have a collection on my wall mostly of things ive been too.

now you come outta ya club and theres flyers of all shapes and sizes bury'ing your ride....all saying the same thing...all looking alike and promoting some of the stupidest things....(i got one the other night for a salon)

I think the flyer thing is being way overdone...

remember when promoters "promoted"....

not just threw flyers blindly and bought girls drinks...

ahh the days....BRING BACK VENUS & THE LOFT!!!

good 'ol josh carl bringin' the bitterness w/ the scene, lol. just joking with ya man, i completely agree...same old sh1t.

which leads me back to MY night, offering something DIFFERENT to this city I'm proud to say. I wanted the flyer to reflect this through creativity in its design (the meat one has the creativity but maybe not the functionality). My people are working on it as we speek, should be done this weekend, I'd love to post it and here all your opinions :)

Originally posted by etoilesuper

The design firm that produces the Buzz flyers (airline industries), started to make the flyers in a specific shape ( rectangular die cut ) so that they will all fit in a special binder they will have on sale for anyone that wishes to purchase it. I think that this concept is rather innovative. I'm not sure if this has been done before but kudos to Airline industries!

Originally posted by djresident

good 'ol josh carl bringin' the bitterness w/ the scene, lol. just joking with ya man, i completely agree...same old sh1t.

which leads me back to MY night, offering something DIFFERENT to this city I'm proud to say. I wanted the flyer to reflect this through creativity in its design (the meat one has the creativity but maybe not the functionality). My people are working on it as we speek, should be done this weekend, I'd love to post it and here all your opinions :)

In a way it is rather creative but redundant at the same time. I've seen quite a few meat label mock ups for all diff occasions. In my opinion the meat label flyer could be pushed further. Getting a bit OT here, any thoughts on "Arc's e-flyers?" I realize they are trying to go for simplicity but it feels rather genaric.